Cities Skylines & DLC ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cities Skylines & DLC ??

Post by Lelanii on Wed 04 May 2016, 10:19

Hi, 
I downloaded cities skylines yesterday and it all works perfectly...Ty, but I was wondering if I purchased the xpacs on steam if they would work with the cracked base game?
Lelanii
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, World of Warcraft, RCT , Strife, Final Fantasy, Simcity, Terraria, League of Legends, Heartstone, Diablo 3, Tera, Archage, Rift, Cities Skylines
Female Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cities Skylines & DLC ??

Post by Adwomin on Wed 04 May 2016, 21:09

Hi there,

No, I personally don't think that's going to work. First of all because Steam most likely won't recognize the base game (since it's just drag & dropping a bunch of files), and because of the fact that the expansion packs would need cracks too, or they would not work.

So no, I'm afraid that's most likely not going to work. Either you have to buy the base game (via Steam?) too, or torrent the expansion packs too.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Cities Skylines & DLC ??

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 May 2016, 21:39

@Lelanii wrote:Hi, 
I downloaded cities skylines yesterday and it all works perfectly...Ty, but I was wondering if I purchased the xpacs on steam if they would work with the cracked base game?

Besides, the crack-file of our Cities Skylines-release is for an older version of the basegame. If you buy DLC on Steam, they will require a higher patch version, for which you would need not only the files, but also a crack. If I recall correctly (anybody correct me here of course), you cannot buy DLC on Steam without having the base game too.

Moreover, we actually have a more recent version of the basegame + a few DLC too, in our "release que". Very Happy  Meaning, you don't really have to buy the stuff at all unless you want to use the Steam Workshop and any other online features of the game. The thing we are preparing will take the form of the Ultimate fix in The Sims 4, so basically it's a bunch of files and folders that you copy/paste over the base game directory.

This update will include the "After Night" and "Snowfall" DLC.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum