15 Summerhill Court replace with Equestrian Center. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

15 Summerhill Court replace with Equestrian Center. [SOLVED]

Post by GolDCupal on Tue 17 May 2016, 20:31

Noob  Hi I am new to this site and I hope you can help me with my problem.

I have been playing Sims 3 for a couple of months now and I am slowly adding EPs and SPs in no particular order (I just download and install those that interests me). And also I have been playing in the Sunset Valley Neighborhood since then, the problem started when I installed Pets EP and as a habit of mine i like to start fresh delete my last saves(Clean Slate as they say), the one thing i noticed is in the hills where those rich sims live with  big lots like the Altos. The empty residential lot was gone and was replaced with this Equestrian Center which bothered since i really like that place because of it's Beautiful Vista Moodlet bonus which is a whooping +30. I was wondering if I can just remove that lot and revert it to a residential empty lot and retain its Beautiful Vista Moodlet intact because i have been posting from other sites and reading other posts and they are also encountering these kind of problems.

Thank you very much, and i hope there is still a way to retain that Moodlet bonus The Sims Plumbob 1

GolDCupal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 15 Summerhill Court replace with Equestrian Center. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 May 2016, 05:55

@GolDCupal wrote:Noob  Hi I am new to this site and I hope you can help me with my problem.

I have been playing Sims 3 for a couple of months now and I am slowly adding EPs and SPs in no particular order (I just download and install those that interests me). And also I have been playing in the Sunset Valley Neighborhood since then, the problem started when I installed Pets EP and as a habit of mine i like to start fresh delete my last saves(Clean Slate as they say), the one thing i noticed is in the hills where those rich sims live with  big lots like the Altos. The empty residential lot was gone and was replaced with this Equestrian Center which bothered since i really like that place because of it's Beautiful Vista Moodlet bonus which is a whooping +30. I was wondering if I can just remove that lot and revert it to a residential empty lot and retain its Beautiful Vista Moodlet intact because i have been posting from other sites and reading other posts and they are also encountering these kind of problems.

Thank you very much, and i hope there is still a way to retain that Moodlet bonus The Sims Plumbob 1

Hello and welcome to the forum @GolDCupal !

I'm not sure if there is a way to revert back a lot, once a new building has been placed there. Other than reverting to an earlier savefile version, which I generally don't recommend unless there is a serious glitch.

There may be an easier solution though. Make another savefile in Sunset Valley, go into edit-town mode and try saving that particular house you wanted, to the "bin". If I recall correctly, you must select the house in edit-town mode, then in the following window that comes up there should be an option to save the lot to the bin.

Once you managed to do that, exit that temporary save, and then load your main savefile. Go again into edit-town, and see if the game lets you place the house that you just saved into the bin. Normally that should work. Good luck for now though ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Wed 18 May 2016, 11:00

If I remember correctly, every lot that is replaced by expansion, gets replaced in every new game. So you need a save from before the installation of that expansion, or to edit the lot to remove everything on it and change it back to residential.
I was going to share the lot from my save, but apparently empty lots can't be saved.

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Euro Truck Simulator 2; Hearthstone
Male Posts : 274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 May 2016, 11:37

@V10R37, that's a good point, which I did not think of myself. Smile  Nonetheless, I believe that... 

@V10R37 wrote:(...) to edit the lot to remove everything on it and change it back to residential.

might not restore the old building that used to be on the lot. But I may be wrong here of course. A more realistic option would indeed involve using a savefile from a Sims 3 installation that doesn't have the "Pets"-expansion.

One one of my machines I still have a Sims 3 base game and one of the stuffpacks installed, as an experiment. If nobody else does, @GolDCupal, I'll try sending you an entire savefile with the default Sunset Valley (without the "Pets"-installation). You should then try loading that savefile, and see if you can save the lot you are looking for to the bin. If not, try populating the house with some of these default sims. After that, the lot should definitely be "save-able" into the bin.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Wed 18 May 2016, 11:40

That lot is empty by default.

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 May 2016, 12:01

@V10R37 wrote:(...)

If you make an experimental savefile, put any sims into that residential lot, and then also make that particular household your active family, then the lot should definitely be "save-able" into the bin. Which was what I intended to convey before, and if that was what you were objecting to. 

After the lot that has been saved into the bin, it can be used in other savegames too. Although I am not regularly playing TS3 anymore these days, I still remember I did that myself back then countless times, with no issues whatsoever.

At that point though, @GolDCupal, if you just want the happiness-boost from the moodlet, you might want to reconsider whether there aren't any other methods that are less of a hassle. In-game methods or activities can include eating special food (e.g. Ambrosia and similar stuff), special alchemy potions (require the Supernatural-expansion), visits to the Spa, and lots of other activities. Of course, if you still like, either me or @V10R37 will try sending you something (a savefile), but on the other hand, it may not be worth the hassle if all you want is just that moodlet-boost.

Last edited by Carlos on Wed 18 May 2016, 12:12; edited 1 time in total

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Wed 18 May 2016, 12:41

I can try to put a sim on the lot and save it later. I'm playing American Truck Simulator now. 

//EDIT

I tried to ad a sim to the lot in edit town but it did not let me until I built something on it (so now it has a basement and the sim I started with). bit.ly 1XAkEoO

Mod edit: I re-uploaded the file to another filehoster, due to Dropbox-links not being able to be "URL shortened". Smile

- Carlos

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GolDCupal on Wed 18 May 2016, 17:16

Thanks for the help guys... I would like a save file without the pets installation because apparently my younger siblings wanted that lot back with its moodlet-boost intact....I would try what both of you suggested just give me the pre-Pets lot in Summerhill Court Thanks a bunch

GolDCupal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Wed 18 May 2016, 17:21

That Dropbox link is a copy of lot with a basement and a sim on it. The only expansion I have right now is Into the future. Or do you want the entire city? I can try that.

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GolDCupal on Wed 18 May 2016, 19:12

thanks for the lot it was nice I will keep it for future use, but what i need is a save file of the Sunset Valley before the Pets expansion pack added the Equestrian Center on the Residential Lot near the Altos on the Summerhill Court because as I remembered it is supposed to be an empty Residential Lot all I wanted is for a save file so the Beautiful Vista Moodlet will not disappear as it will be gone once the lot is bulldozed or somewhat tampered with.

GolDCupal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:54

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33632254/Sunset%20Valley.zip
As I said, I have Into the future so you might also need to install it to use the save.

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GolDCupal on Thu 19 May 2016, 15:23

Okey thank you very much with the save file this is what i have been looking for, maybe the game might do something about the missing EP stuff.

And one last request before closing this topic.

Can you at least show me a screenshot of the 15 summerhill court empty lot or maybe if you occupied it with a house or some sort, with the beautiful vista bonus. That would be all.

GolDCupal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Thu 19 May 2016, 20:07

It is empty. I started a new game, saved and closed the game right after. I'm to lazy to open the game again. I think I already did to much.

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 May 2016, 23:39

@GolDCupal wrote:Okey thank you very much with the save file this is what i have been looking for, maybe the game might do something about the missing EP stuff.

And one last request before closing this topic.

Can you at least show me a screenshot of the 15 summerhill court empty lot or maybe if you occupied it with a house or some sort, with the beautiful vista bonus. That would be all.

Sorry, I did not get to do much about The Sims 3 in the past couple days. Indeed @V10R37 helped you considerably until now; let me take it from here. But is the moodlet still not showing up ?

Do you need another savefile of Sunset Valley, without the "Pets"-expansion ? Or do you just need an in-game screenshot ? 

But I did do a little bit of research, and it appears there is a chance that if you "export" the lot (or even a savegame ?), then the moodlet will disappear too. That is rumored to be a bug that has never been fixed.

Feel free to try it yourself too: uninstall your Pets-expansion, and re-boot the computer. Re-start the game, load a savefile in Sunset Valley and see if the old house re-appears; and the moodlet alongside it. I have to uninstall Pets myself, since I found out I did actually install it on my other computer too.

I wonder if there is a way to trigger that bonus too; maybe some hidden or buydebug object  Question  And no, EA are not working anymore on The Sims 3, so all annoying glitches will remain forever I'm afraid.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Fri 20 May 2016, 07:05

My save file is original Sunset Valley, with no lots changed. The only reason I installed Into the Future is because at least one of the newer expansions is required for the fix (I hope I remember correctly).
I want to play everything in order and complete every lifetime wish at least once (except for the one with the secret islands Smile ) and probably never play again after that.

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GolDCupal on Fri 20 May 2016, 22:26

okey, sir V10R37 i have played your save file and as i expected the game just replaced the missing content with an in-game equivalent, it was amazing thank you very much for that.

Since I am done checking si V10R37's savefile, how about the one you mentioned sir Carlos, your savefile with, I want to differentiate the two savefiles maybe I might like both and play it alternatively with different family and different play style. After that you can close the thread forget the screenshot.

GolDCupal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V10R37 on Fri 20 May 2016, 22:45

There should be nothing missing from Into the Future, because that expansion doesn't ad anything to Sunset Valley. I did not play in that save file so the Time portal shouldn't have spawned and all the custom buildings are in the future (don't remember the name of the world), not the present.
Oh, and... sir? WhatDidUJustCallMe?
You make me fill older.

V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 May 2016, 05:04

@GolDCupal wrote:(...) how about the one you mentioned sir Carlos, your savefile with, I want to differentiate the two savefiles maybe I might like both and play it alternatively with different family and different play style. After that you can close the thread forget the screenshot.

Alright, there you go. Another "15 Summer Hill Court" lot is here. 
https://goo.gl/3IBMOV

I populated it with a sim of mine, which you can download from here if you like. Yes, it's indeed empty, and I am also getting the beautiful Vista-moodlet in the game. I never played in Sunset Valley until now, maybe I should do that now. Smile  Good luck !

Note that this is an empty lot, and you should not bulldoze the lot either, because there might be some form of hidden item or marker there that causes the beautiful Vista-moodlet. You can put an actual building/house on it yourself then.

P.S. and "Sir Carlos" sounds a little bit like from a Medieval tale. Like e.g. this guy here. But it's OK. Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GolDCupal on Sat 21 May 2016, 20:14

Thank you so much for the help guys I really appreciate it.

The savefiles, lots, sims, etc. that you shared to me both met what i asked and fixed my problem.

P.S sorry for the honorifics, i just got used to it in some forums and accidentally brought it here. Facepalm

GolDCupal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 May 2016, 09:56

@GolDCupal wrote:Thank you so much for the help guys I really appreciate it.

The savefiles, lots, sims, etc. that you shared to me both met what i asked and fixed my problem.

P.S sorry for the honorifics, i just got used to it in some forums and accidentally brought it here. Facepalm

It's OK, and you don't need to use any "formalities" around here. Very Happy  

Have fun with the game and feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime you need more support or just want to chat. You can open a new topic then.

Problem solved, topic closed.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sun 22 May 2016, 10:03

Carlos wrote:

Note that this is an empty lot, and you should not bulldoze the lot either, because there might be some form of hidden item or marker there that causes the beautiful Vista-moodlet. 

Actually, that one is added in CAW Very Happy There's no way that I know of to add that outside of CAW. I don't know what happens if you do bulldoze the lot, so it's probably best not to Wink
I will test this though!

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14322

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 May 2016, 10:28

Edin ElDi wrote:
Actually, that one is added in CAW Very Happy There's no way that I know of to add that outside of CAW. I don't know what happens if you do bulldoze the lot, so it's probably best not to Wink
I will test this though!

Thanks for the input @Edin. Very Happy  I did not know that, but then I have to admit, I can't be bothered either too much about these moodlets. 

Carlos is tha man

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum