Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle + your expansions - can't update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle + your expansions - can't update?

Post by nou on Fri 20 May 2016, 18:55

Hello,

I have a preexisting copy of the Sims 3 in the form of the "Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle 2011", which is an (obviously) old bundle. I want to install the newer expansions on top of it but cannot get it to update. Everything included in the bundle works fine (base game through Outdoor Adventures) but if I try to install the next expansion (Generations) it says that it must update the game first. Then the update fails and it won't install the new expansion. 

Is there a way around this? I have tried downloading the Ultimate Fix and copied the files over to my directory correctly, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Trying to install the manual patch causes it to pop up with a message saying that there isn't a copy of the Sims 3 installed. Can the game be installed any other way? I feel like I've gotten this to work in the past but alas, it's been a long time since I last did an install like this...

I'd really rather not download the earlier (pre-2011) packs individually as my internet is quite slow, so if I can manage it with the bundle that would be much better. In case it matters, the bundle comes with 3 ISOs and a crack .EXE.

Thanks in advance for any help.

nou
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle + your expansions - can't update?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 20 May 2016, 20:36

Hello,

Welcome to the forum Smile
Do the games in the bundle install separately, or as a package? If they install as a package, you have a modified installer on your hands, and that could prove difficult if you want to install any other expansions.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nou on Fri 20 May 2016, 22:10

Hello! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Yes, the games install as a package. Interestingly, I've had other expansions installed before - it's one of those scenarios where I got an itch to play a game I haven't played in years, so I have the backed up copies of games but no installation instructions!

nou
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 May 2016, 07:44

nou wrote:Hello! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Yes, the games install as a package. Interestingly, I've had other expansions installed before - it's one of those scenarios where I got an itch to play a game I haven't played in years, so I have the backed up copies of games but no installation instructions!

Welcome to the forum @nou,

I'm afraid the situation is pretty clear: if you follow the steps from #2 to #5 here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And cannot manage to get your old compilatuon working with new expansions, then you will indeed have to re-download the individual expansions and stuffpacks. Sorry I can't give an easier solution here.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum