The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by auti on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 18:45

"Publisher Electronic Arts and developer Maxis announced that a free update available Thursday will remove gender boundaries and allow players to use previously gender-restricted characteristics."

I'm only just now hearing about this news. Saw it on my facebook. we'll be getting the update if someone releases a crack on the 7th for the new ep. What do you guys think? Personally I'm excited for the ability to get my lesbian sims pregnant.


EDIT:
I was reading the latest patch notes, and there were random tongue twisters, and an aside on one of the tongue twisters said this. "Poodles was only typed here because of its alliteration in regards to puddles. In no way is this a foreshadowing, hinting, or similar… it is only used because of the alliteration. Alligator."
Although it says the tongue twister isn't a hint, but who's to say the aside wasn't a hint. Either way, I'm totally freaking out now!!!! PETS!!! I'm incredibly excited, mostly because now I can make my cat and add it to my self-sims family.
I hope they release seasons and university soon tho.


Last edited by auti on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 00:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PETS!!!!!!!)

_________________
status: probably screaming into the void atm.

auti
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : ALL OF THEM
Female Posts : 67
Points : 1914
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 22
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by missdelarocha on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 02:55

Definitely need this update!! A crack for the new EP? Get Together is already part of the fix (I'm a bit confused now Embarrassing... ), won't the fix just get updated? And why the 7th?  Oh my...

missdelarocha
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 1
Points : 1540
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by ganymede30324 on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 04:39

Will we still have the option of filtering by gender? I rarely play any female Sims, and don't want all of that content cluttering the CAS when I am in there. (It would have been a major headache in Sims 3!)

ganymede30324
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 9
Points : 1623
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 05:42

I applaud the fact that more and more videogame developers (finally !) take into account changes and trends in real-life society. Moreover (and if we're really honest), most of the mass-produced clothing items literally look all the same, so it "theoretically" doesn't matter anyhow whether they are worn by a "certain" gender.  Haters gonna hate

In the context of The Sims 4 though, another factor may play a role, which I described in my earlier post here. The fact that new features come in small(er) quantities may be due to the marketing-related  theory that these DLC are more likely going to appeal to certain interest groups, hence a multitude of mini-DLC is a possible future outcome. In this sense, I would be very surprised if we saw real "Pets" or "Seasons" expansions. More likely in my opinion is we're going to see these broader topics subdivided into several smaller DLC (e.g. a DLC about cats, another about dogs, etc.).



@missdelarocha wrote:Definitely need this update!! A crack for the new EP? Get Together is already part of the fix (I'm a bit confused now  ), won't the fix just get updated? And why the 7th?  


Hello and welcome to the forum @missdelarocha,

You would need a crack for the new updates too (using old cracks tends to not work). And Games4theworld does not create the cracks for The Sims 4, though we used to do for TS3 in the past.


@ganymede30324 wrote:Will we still have the option of filtering by gender? I rarely play any female Sims, and don't want all of that content cluttering the CAS when I am in there. (It would have been a major headache in Sims 3!)

Yes, this is also mentioned on EA's official site about TS4 updates here.


EA wrote:
Major Create a Sim changes:
New options are now available when creating or modifying your Sims. These options provide expanded opportunities to customize your Sims’ style and story.
These options are entirely in your control and the game itself will not modify how Sims appear in your world. Instead this is about adding more tools in your toolbox, and letting you pick the tools that make sense to you while ignoring what doesn’t.
So, what are the new tools and options available to you in Create a Sim?

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12307
Points : 16239
Reputation : 1700
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 11:48

I have actually "seen" that feature, well, some of it. 
That is to say, I know someone on Facebook who has a legit copy and they posted a picture of their male dragqueen sim. 


While I do applaud these features, I think it is poorly done. Their sim basically looks like a female, curves and all (and I doubt that most transvestites go as far as putting a corset on). It's just... too simple.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14301
Points : 18749
Reputation : 1291
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by alyakam on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 14:06

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:


@missdelarocha wrote:Definitely need this update!! A crack for the new EP? Get Together is already part of the fix (I'm a bit confused now  ), won't the fix just get updated? And why the 7th?  


Hello and welcome to the forum @missdelarocha,

You would need a crack for the new updates too (using old cracks tends to not work). And Games4theworld does not create the cracks for The Sims 4, though we used to do for TS3 in the past.

I don't understand. So if we have the games4theworld copy of Sims 4, and you all won't be releasing a crack to give us this update what way can we update our games and enjoy the patch?

alyakam
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 15:04

@alyakam wrote:
@The_gh0stm4n wrote:


@missdelarocha wrote:Definitely need this update!! A crack for the new EP? Get Together is already part of the fix (I'm a bit confused now  ), won't the fix just get updated? And why the 7th?  


Hello and welcome to the forum @missdelarocha,

You would need a crack for the new updates too (using old cracks tends to not work). And Games4theworld does not create the cracks for The Sims 4, though we used to do for TS3 in the past.

I don't understand. So if we have the games4theworld copy of Sims 4, and you all won't be releasing a crack to give us this update what way can we update our games and enjoy the patch?


Hello,


Welcome to the forum.


The problem is simply, that there is no crack for the current version. If no one makes a crack at all, we can't provide it. It's not that we don't want to, we're searching for it all the time.
We have some hope for the 7th, but we can't guarantee anything, unfortunately.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14301
Points : 18749
Reputation : 1291
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 15:23

@alyakam wrote:I don't understand. So if we have the games4theworld copy of Sims 4, and you all won't be releasing a crack to give us this update what way can we update our games and enjoy the patch?


Welcome to the forum @alyakam,


Just because we do not create the actual crack, it doesn't mean we won't release something, when others create the crack. Smile  In fact, it is very common that once a crack is created by one of the so-called "scene groups", then various distributors - Games4theworld can be considered as such - repack these cracked pieces of software.

As for Games4theworld, we also "re-pack" the stuff that the scene groups create. We simplify these scene releases by e.g. reducing the filesize of the software, we provide detailed instructions in our downloads, and of course also give support on the items, nowadays mostly on the forum here and on the Facebook-page.

Please also have a look at the Global Announcement here for more details:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22375-a-notice-about-upcoming-updates-for-the-sims-4-please-read



//EDIT

In case you are wondering: yes, we do give credit to the scene groups for having created the crack, but on the other hand there is no "copyright" on cracked software either.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12307
Points : 16239
Reputation : 1700
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by alyakam on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 02:28

@The_gh0stm4n
Oh Alrighty! Thank you for giving me a breakdown and explaining this all I do appreciate what you all do here in providing these cracks with instructions and all.

alyakam
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by Menesteres on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 00:11

Edin ElDi wrote:I have actually "seen" that feature, well, some of it. 
That is to say, I know someone on Facebook who has a legit copy and they posted a picture of their male dragqueen sim. 


While I do applaud these features, I think it is poorly done. Their sim basically looks like a female, curves and all (and I doubt that most transvestites go as far as putting a corset on). It's just... too simple.

What do you mean curves and all? Like, do the clothes look like they're worn over the female body model???

TBH i'm a trans guy and my sims have always been very... androgynous, so to speak. This update made me sooooooooooo happy. Let's hppe all my CC works properly though.

Menesteres
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, Sims, DA
Male Posts : 3
Points : 344
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 22
Location : Caracas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims: Maxis Introduces Gender Customization Options & PETS HINT

Post by auti on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 04:37

@Menesteres wrote:
Edin ElDi wrote:I have actually "seen" that feature, well, some of it. 
That is to say, I know someone on Facebook who has a legit copy and they posted a picture of their male dragqueen sim. 


While I do applaud these features, I think it is poorly done. Their sim basically looks like a female, curves and all (and I doubt that most transvestites go as far as putting a corset on). It's just... too simple.

What do you mean curves and all? Like, do the clothes look like they're worn over the female body model???

TBH i'm a trans guy and my sims have always been very... androgynous, so to speak. This update made me sooooooooooo happy. Let's hppe all my CC works properly though.
if it's just furniture, clothes, hair, etc. it should work
script mods won't work. like the MC command center.

_________________
status: probably screaming into the void atm.

auti
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : ALL OF THEM
Female Posts : 67
Points : 1914
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 22
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum