How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 04:40

Ok i know there is a thread of that before but that was also confusing like the other threads.
First i put the "Ultimate Fix" to the bin, ok.
Now you tell me to download it again from the ea downloader? Come on man. I said MANUAL patch so that means i downloaded the patch already, (which doesnt work when i install, it doesnt detect any version), Ok so you want me to download with my 300 kbps internet with 1gb data cap per day which after turns into 30 kbps, hmm ok yea sure.
But then the fix makes the launcher crash Why.
and in another thread you tell us to just run the game without the launcher . hmmmm
How the hell am i supposed to update it then?

Just please guys its really frustrating, just tell me the way to patch it without downloading a huge file that i probably already downloaded(1.67 patch) or an expansion pack.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 05:48

@nitronthe1st wrote:Ok i know there is a thread of that before but that was also confusing like the other threads.
First i put the "Ultimate Fix" to the bin, ok.
Now you tell me to download it again from the ea downloader? Come on man. I said MANUAL patch so that means i downloaded the patch already, (which doesnt work when i install, it doesnt detect any version), Ok so you want me to download with my 300 kbps internet with 1gb data cap per day which after turns into 30 kbps, hmm ok yea sure.
But then the fix makes the launcher crash Why.
and in another thread you tell us to just run the game without the launcher . hmmmm
How the hell am i supposed to update it then?

Just please guys its really frustrating, just tell me the way to patch it without downloading a huge file that i probably already downloaded(1.67 patch) or an expansion pack.

Hello and welcome to the forum @nitronthe1st,

If you don't have the 1.67 patch anymore on your computer, then yes, you will need to re-download. Also, I'm sorry to hear you found the instructions confusing, but then they are also streamlined to work for the "average" person. In all these years you're actually the first user with this type of internet-related issue. 

The 1.67 patch is only included in our "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3. Did you download that Complete Collection ? It is available as a torrent on the official downloads-site. It includes the base game and all expansions/stuffpacks. But in your case, it may not be a good idea to re-download that whole package. But the 1.67 manual patch is only in there.

However, we can surely come up with a more individual solution that will also work for you. Smile  I'm probably going to split the manual patch into 2 parts, and you can download the first part on one day, and the next part on the next day. It should theoretically work. But I don't have time right now for that. Please check back tomorrow, or later in the day again. 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 13:18

Thanks dude, and im sorry for the hasty stuff i said there above, i was really frustrated awhile ago and sims is like my go-to steam releaser, and to find out i cant patch it easily just put more to the pile. Im really sorry. And about the internet speed, Welcome to the Philippines!.
Anyways, i still have the patch i downloaded and no, i did not download the complete pack, and if 1.67 wont work , im down for the latest version i can have, and i think i can work my way around the data cap, i found a trick which i just buy this sim and register to this type of promo and try to download 1gb in the early morning or 12 am, i hope it works, but they said i can only download up to 5gb with that trick so i still cant put time to the complete edition, im guessing its around 60 gb which will take about 12 days, but then class starts (class here in the Philippines starts at June 13, were one of the countries that doesnt follow the rules Cool

But again im sorry i just had alot on my mind and since i cant enjoy my stress reliever like i did before, (idk what version it was but then i had to reformat the computer then thiiss). Much respect Very Happy

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 13:40

Hello,

Don't worry about it Smile We all get frustrated some time. It's nice of you to get back to us with this information though.
Which expansions do you have, if any?

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 14:14

Thanks, and i have no EP's if that is required, i think i can save up money to buy a disc from the pirate cd shops or download one when college starts so i have less reason to use the internet

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 16:19

Hello again,

1.67 manual patch part 1: https://goo.gl/z7O36D

1.67 manual patch part 2: https://goo.gl/WDgakG

The first part has about 860 MB, and the second part about 790. Download both parts, preferably on 2 days. Then you extract from part 1 only, with WinRAR. The program will automatically extract from the second part too. If done correctly you should end up with the manual patch that has the overall filesize of about 1.6GB. Run that patch then.

Finally, re-download the crack-files that I uploaded too, here:
https://goo.gl/7iw5Zv

Extract again with WinRAR. Copy and paste both files into the Game\Bin sub-directory of your base game install folder. Replace the existing files when prompted. By the way, you need to have at least ONE (1) of the stuffpacks or expansions installed for this crack to work. You can torrent one from the official downloads-page that I linked in my previous reply. Choose a stuffpack that is small in filesize, like e.g. "Katy Perry's stuff" or "70s/80s/90s stuff".

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 16:37

Ok thanks again dude, but what if i already have the patch, which is from the official site? would that work? and it has the same name as the one you are letting me download, and ok thanks for the reccomendation, i thought all expansion packs were like 5 gb at most, so i got discouraged.

and seriously, thank you for the effort WhatDidUJustCallMe?

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 16:46

@nitronthe1st wrote:Ok thanks again dude, but what if i already have the patch, which is from the official site? would that work? and it has the same name as the one you are letting me download, and ok thanks for the reccomendation, i thought all expansion packs were like 5 gb at most, so i got discouraged.

and seriously, thank you for the effort WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Are you really sure that what you have is the 1.67 version of the manual patch ? Well, if you have it already, then it's fine too. Then just install a small stuffpack, apply the crack that I also mentioned before, and there you go !

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 18:37

Ok, i decided to download the pets one, i know its 3.24 gb or something but this is a good test to see if the trick (5gb datacap) to work,
and for the installation, from what i read before, first i apply the ultimate fix (for pets) then i update/install the pets, then i apply the crack and play. Right? if so, I know im going to speed things up and probably install it wrong, so, can you refer me to a link to the installation process? thanks.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 19:20

@nitronthe1st wrote:Ok, i decided to download the pets one, i know its 3.24 gb or something but this is a good test to see if the trick (5gb datacap) to work,
and for the installation, from what i read before, first i apply the ultimate fix (for pets) then i update/install the pets, then i apply the crack and play. Right? if so, I know im going to speed things up and probably install it wrong, so, can you refer me to a link to the installation process? thanks.

Don't use the crack-files included inside the "Pets"-expansion though, since those files are outdated. Instead, use the files I already mentioned before. Here again:
https://goo.gl/7iw5Zv

The 2 files in there need to be copied and pasted into the base game install location. Typically that will be C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And of course replace the existing files when prompted. Then test the game.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 04:33

Hey dude, do i put that before installation or after? 

Because the trick worked and i downloaded both pets and supernatural and speeds overnight go to 1.5mbps sooo i let it download overnight, all the 5gb and loaded for internet right now.

im installing pets 1st and i tried:
-using the crack to the base game before installation, the Pets setup doesnt detect the base game.
-Using the ALL-EXPANSIONS from the ultimate fix before installation, still doesnt detect the base game

I think(/Know) im doing something wrong, but i dont know what it is

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 04:46

@nitronthe1st wrote:Hey dude, do i put that before installation or after? 

Because the trick worked and i downloaded both pets and supernatural and speeds overnight go to 1.5mbps sooo i let it download overnight, all the 5gb and loaded for internet right now.

im installing pets 1st and i tried:
-using the crack to the base game before installation, the Pets setup doesnt detect the base game.
-Using the ALL-EXPANSIONS from the ultimate fix before installation, still doesnt detect the base game

I think(/Know) im doing something wrong, but i dont know what it is

Hi there, @nitronthe1st, and welcome to the Forum! Very Happy

That's strange. Are you sure the base game was properly installed before attempting to install Pets? Oh, and did you download the [FIXED] version?

Now, those cracks that you are using are not needed. The process is this:

1. Install the base game, just running the setup.exe and putting the serial key when asked (don't copy any files yet anywhere).
  2. Run the Manual Patch.
  3. Install the Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs. Same thing, run the setup.exe with the serial key and don't copy anything yet.
  4. Open just the # Crack folder from the Ultimate Fix (all of the other folders are not needed) and copy the two files there to the Game\Bin folder, where you installed the base game, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 04:55

well i think this was necessary to say but i thought it would be the same, just different cracks , My Sims 3 was pre installed within my PC, i know it is cracked because all of the other things that were preinstalled were cracked and (lol drumroll), it has a crack folder.

So , since i cant install it since i dont have the setup, i cant do step 1 (guessing i have to donwload it, should i?) But i do have the original .exe for the sims 3 of my version, no dll only exe, dont know if that helps

for step 2 manual patch is the 1.67 patch right?

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 05:06

@nitronthe1st wrote:well i think this was necessary to say but i thought it would be the same, just different cracks , My Sims 3 was pre installed within my PC, i know it is cracked because all of the other things that were preinstalled were cracked and (lol drumroll), it has a crack folder.

So , since i cant install it since i dont have the setup, i cant do step 1 (guessing i have to donwload it, should i?) But i do have the original .exe for the sims 3 of my version, no dll only exe, dont know if that helps

for step 2 manual patch is the 1.67 patch right?

Oh, The Sims 3 was already installed, with a different crack?

Hmm, sorry to say, but it's possible that your base game and the Expansion Packs downloaded from here are not compatible. Nor will the Ultimate Fix work. It's happened before that different cracks won't play nice with each other, and as you say that the Pets installer isn't even recognizing the base game, that's a very strong possibility.

For us to guarantee that the game will work properly, you'll have to uninstall the version you have and replace it with the G4TW base game. Also, it's very recommended (and sometimes essential) that if you are indeed going to uninstall the version you have, you remove it completely, using a program like Your Uninstaller! Pro or Revo Uninstaller. You can get the first one from our downloads page too, if you want, here:
https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Let us know if you want to continue, and we'll gladly guide you through the process. And if you do, take your time, as I understand that downloading files like that can take a little while for you (I'm on the same boat to be honest).

Good luck! I tip my fedora.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 07:20

Hey guys, i said yesterday that i was going to continue but idk i cant see it now or maybe it didnt send but i do have the G4TW sims version now its installed already, and no crack applied yet.

so do i apply the patch first? or the ep? or is it already the latest version?

and the crack i put in after the installation is the one in ultimate fix right ? (# Crack)

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 07:24

@nitronthe1st wrote:Hey guys, i said yesterday that i was going to continue but idk i cant see it now or maybe it didnt send but i do have the G4TW sims version now its installed already, and no crack applied yet.

so do i apply the patch first? or the ep? or is it already the latest version?

and the crack i put in after the installation is the one in ultimate fix right ? (# Crack)
wait nvm this, i reread the top, yeah i patch then the ep's then the crack, ima update later

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 patching problem (abnormal program termination)

Post by nitronthe1st on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:33

Hey guys, after i installed the base game (yes from G4TW) and no cracks yet cause i intend to update and install ep's.
I am planning to follow the "How to install sims 3 properly" Guide here , so far im done with step one.

now step 2, apply the manual patch, the first time i tried the setup it required me to find another disk, i just cancelled it and setup again, now it has the Runtime C++ Abnormal Program termination problem.

Things I've Tried:
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling with Your Uninstaller. (Still the same, first requires a disk then second try C++) (and yes Super Uninstall)
-Updating Windows stuff (no updates)

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 11:38

Welp i kinda solved it
i uninstalled it with Your Uninstaller 2010 then just installed again and the disc problem again. this time the disc problem keeps coming back, no c++ error anymore

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 11:39

well im back to C++ problem but one thing is new

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 15:07

@nitronthe1st wrote:Hey guys, after i installed the base game (yes from G4TW) and no cracks yet cause i intend to update and install ep's.
I am planning to follow the "How to install sims 3 properly" Guide here , so far im done with step one.

now step 2, apply the manual patch, the first time i tried the setup it required me to find another disk, i just cancelled it and setup again, now it has the Runtime C++ Abnormal Program termination problem.

Things I've Tried:
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling with Your Uninstaller. (Still the same, first requires a disk then second try C++) (and yes Super Uninstall)

Hi again, @nitronthe1st! Very Happy

Because this problem is related to the first one you were having, I merged the topics and we can keep the discussion in one place.

Now, about this last problem, are you sure that's the only setup running? You should restart your PC to make sure there aren't any other installations running currently. After doing that, does the same error appear?

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 16:18

Well I upgraded to windows 8 right now and then I reinstalled sims 3 then tried the patch but this is what shows up now 

And im sorry for changing the problem from the title

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 16:39

@SeoY wrote:
@nitronthe1st wrote:Hey guys, after i installed the base game (yes from G4TW) and no cracks yet cause i intend to update and install ep's.

Things I've Tried:

Hi again, @nitronthe1st! Very Happy

Because this problem is related to the first one you were having, I merged the topics and we can keep the discussion in one place.

Now, about this last problem, are you sure that's the only setup running? You should restart your PC to make sure there aren't any other installations running currently. After doing that, does the same error appear?
Oh yeah for this question, I did restart then at first the disc prompt problem, then the C++ problem, afterwards I just upgraded my OS because of benefits.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 06:25

@nitronthe1st, what exactly was or is (?) the wording of your "disc-prompt" ? And you did use WinRAR for extracting the downloads of G4TW ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nitronthe1st on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 09:57

There were two pop up boxes, the first box was telling me an they need to find the "next disc" or something, i forgot now, it isnt showing up anymore and the second one is prompting me to browse the "discs" location. The second popup box is the one above.

The download rar (the file you download from the torrent)? or the iso files(the 2 files inside the rar)? 
The rar i extracted it and the iso files inside i mounted

Last edited by nitronthe1st on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 10:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to answer second question)

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 10:41

Hello,

Could be one of those issues where your previous version was a modified installer. Those are a pain to uninstall, and you could be looking at left-over registry entries from that installation that are preventing you to progress now.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)