How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 09:57

   
There were two pop up boxes, the first box was telling me an they need to find the "next disc" or something, i forgot now, it isnt showing up anymore and the second one is prompting me to browse the "discs" location. The second popup box is the one above.

The download rar (the file you download from the torrent)? or the iso files(the 2 files inside the rar)? 
The rar i extracted it and the iso files inside i mounted


Last edited by nitronthe1st on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 10:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to answer second question)

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 10:41

Hello,


Could be one of those issues where your previous version was a modified installer. Those are a pain to uninstall, and you could be looking at left-over registry entries from that installation that are preventing you to progress now.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Posts : 15105
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 14:41

Is there anyway to fix this? or a way of clearing the registry entries?

and sorry for the late reply, i was sleeping over.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 16:07



http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/19/49/15/10/ddsss10.png" alt="" />

This is the current problem im facing right now, i posted this yesterday but idk where it is now, the registry problem, your uninstaller fixed it (there was a prompt to delete registry entries the time i uninstalled it) 
hopefully this problem would be solved and no problems afterwards cause i really want to play sims

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 16:08

Yes, there is. But I'm probably not the best person to explain it. Perhaps @The_ghostman would want to do that.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20014
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 16:41

oh ok, i'll just wait for a reply from him, and also thanks for the effort

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 17:10

@nitronthe1st wrote:oh ok, i'll just wait for a reply from him, and also thanks for the effort


I really don't know what is happening on your end or why you are having such difficulties. The best thing I can suggest for now is a manual uninstallation. See here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide



Re-boot the computer then. After that re-install the G4TW-items. Please use only WinRAR for extracting them. Use one (1) empty folder for each G4TW-item. So one folder where you extract the contents of the base game, another folder for this expansion, and another folder for that expansion, etc.

Re-start the installation from within the folders.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091
Points : 18698
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 06:29

i only get the 0x8000ffff error now.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 15:49

i got a registry cleaner and still nothing, but idk when i should clean the registry, at first it detected something then the setup closed and i tried to setup again i get the 0x8000ffff error. is playing this at 1.67 still possible?

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 17:36

@nitronthe1st wrote:i got a registry cleaner and still nothing, but idk when i should clean the registry, at first it detected something then the setup closed and i tried to setup again i get the 0x8000ffff error. is playing this at 1.67 still possible?


Are you really sure you did everything I wrote in that guide before, about the manual un-installation... ? Other than that I'm clueless for now, I'm sorry. If you haven't done so yet, try updating your Windows. Maybe these error can be caused by an outdated Windows installation.

Also, from all these difficulties that you were having thus far, it is very "unusual", for a lack of a better word. 

Maybe you should really just let the game be, for a couple of days, or better for a couple of weeks. The longer you try unsuccessfully to get it running, the greater the chances of making mistakes. After that, when your mind is cleared again, try another manual uninstallation, followed by a re-boot of the computer.

Another possibility that I thought of was the potential of using "certain" torrent clients. If you use certain programs for download, then the installation or the actual gameplay just won't work. And you need to re-download with a different torrent client then. However, if you say your internet is slow, then I'm not sure how feasible that is. If you know someone else with a faster internet than you, maybe you could ask them for a favor ? 

But I can't suggest much more here, I'm sorry.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091
Points : 18698
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 05:40

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@nitronthe1st wrote:i got a registry cleaner and still nothing, but idk when i should clean the registry, at first it detected something then the setup closed and i tried to setup again i get the 0x8000ffff error. is playing this at 1.67 still possible?


Are you really sure you did everything I wrote in that guide before, about the manual un-installation... ? Other than that I'm clueless for now, I'm sorry. If you haven't done so yet, try updating your Windows. Maybe these error can be caused by an outdated Windows installation.

Also, from all these difficulties that you were having thus far, it is very "unusual", for a lack of a better word. 

Maybe you should really just let the game be, for a couple of days, or better for a couple of weeks. The longer you try unsuccessfully to get it running, the greater the chances of making mistakes. After that, when your mind is cleared again, try another manual uninstallation, followed by a re-boot of the computer.

Another possibility that I thought of was the potential of using "certain" torrent clients. If you use certain programs for download, then the installation or the actual gameplay just won't work. And you need to re-download with a different torrent client then. However, if you say your internet is slow, then I'm not sure how feasible that is. If you know someone else with a faster internet than you, maybe you could ask them for a favor ? 

But I can't suggest much more here, I'm sorry.
Oh ok. Thanks for all your help though. Im just going to play this, as it is. And  also , i downloaded the base game from my uncle's pc, using bitcomet. But again thank you and everyone who tried to help.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 06:14




lol cant even play it as it is.
i tried applying the crack from the installer, the crack from ultimate fix, added the code i used on installation, with and without dashes.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by Tarac on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:19

Judging from the error-message I come to 2 conclusions:

1. You tried to update without the installation of an EP. - You must have basic game + at least 1 expansion installed before you update to 1.67

or, and more likely

2. Previous installations were not removed in a correct manner.
The register prevents further actions as it "thinks" that some EP's are already installed and cannot be found anymore.
In such instances the installation does not prompt you for a registrationcode.

Clear the register manually

Press the Widowskey + R
Type regedit in the window and click OK


1. Open folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
2. Open folder SOFTWARE.
2a. For 64-bits computers open folder WoW6432Node
3. Open folder Electronic Arts.
4. Open folder Sims.
5. Right-click on the folders of the various expansions and choose Delete.
6. Close folder Electronic Arts.
7. Open folder Sims. (you must scroll down a lot)
8. Right-click on the folders of the various expansions and choose Delete.
9. Close folder Sims.
10. Open folder Microsoft.
11. Open folder Windows.
12. Open folder CurrentVersion.
13. Open folder Uninstall.
14. Delete folder (of it exists) • {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}
15. close folder Microsoft.
16. Open folder Classes.
17. Delete following folders (if the exist)

• .Sims3 (note the dot)
• .Sims3Pack (note the dot)
• Sims3 without a dot)
• Sims3Pack (without a dot)
18. Close the register
19. Restart your computer
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2050
Points : 3884
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 13:29

@Tarac wrote:Judging from the error-message I come to 2 conclusions:

1. You tried to update without the installation of an EP. - You must have basic game + at least 1 expansion installed before you update to 1.67

or, and more likely

2. Previous installations were not removed in a correct manner.
The register prevents further actions as it "thinks" that some EP's are already installed and cannot be found anymore.
In such instances the installation does not prompt you for a registrationcode.

Clear the register manually

Press the Widowskey + R
Type regedit in the window and click OK


1. Open folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
2. Open folder SOFTWARE.
2a. For 64-bits computers open folder WoW6432Node
3. Open folder Electronic Arts.
4. Open folder Sims.
5. Right-click on the folders of the various expansions and choose Delete.
6. Close folder Electronic Arts.
7. Open folder Sims. (you must scroll down a lot)
8. Right-click on the folders of the various expansions and choose Delete.
9. Close folder Sims.
10. Open folder Microsoft.
11. Open folder Windows.
12. Open folder CurrentVersion.
13. Open folder Uninstall.
14. Delete folder (of it exists) • {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}
15. close folder Microsoft.
16. Open folder Classes.
17. Delete following folders (if the exist)

• .Sims3 (note the dot)
• .Sims3Pack (note the dot)
• Sims3 without a dot)
• Sims3Pack (without a dot)
18. Close the register
19. Restart your computer
omg i feel so stupid. 
i thought you update first then install the ep's. 
but i tried to install the ep's, it said it required to update sims, afterwards asked me what type of installationm, then the key code, the code i used for the base game installation didnt work nor did any other

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 23:34

@nitronthe1st wrote:omg i feel so stupid. 
i thought you update first then install the ep's. 
but i tried to install the ep's, it said it required to update sims, afterwards asked me what type of installationm, then the key code, the code i used for the base game installation didnt work nor did any other


@Tarac's formulation was a bit unlucky. As a matter of fact, the installation indeed goes like this.


1) Install TS3 base game
2) Apply 1.67 manual patch
3) Install expansions


But as said before, I suggest you take some time "off" TS3. The discussion is going nowhere, and I suspect that somewhere you made a mistake or overlooked something. TeamViewer is not a feasible option here either, in my eyes.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091
Points : 18698
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to manually patch the sims 3 (explain clearly this time)

Post by nitronthe1st on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 13:09

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@nitronthe1st wrote:omg i feel so stupid. 
i thought you update first then install the ep's. 
but i tried to install the ep's, it said it required to update sims, afterwards asked me what type of installationm, then the key code, the code i used for the base game installation didnt work nor did any other


@Tarac's formulation was a bit unlucky. As a matter of fact, the installation indeed goes like this.


1) Install TS3 base game
2) Apply 1.67 manual patch
3) Install expansions


But as said before, I suggest you take some time "off" TS3. The discussion is going nowhere, and I suspect that somewhere you made a mistake or overlooked something. TeamViewer is not a feasible option here either, in my eyes.
Oh ok, lol im busy with college now so time off is kinda ok.
thanks for everyones help anyway.

nitronthe1st
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 24
Points : 469
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum