GTX 980 TI fps drops when scrolling!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTX 980 TI fps drops when scrolling!

Post by XsauroxPlayer on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 11:22

Hi there,
I am very disappointed with ts4 so wanted to play ts3 again.

I installed base game + latest patch + all stuff packs and expansions and copied my old documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/ folder with saves and mods.

Entire game and save folder are on SSD, Samsung evo pro 850.
I have 16 gb ram, cpu i7 4790K and Nvidia GTX 980 TI. I followed the procedure to make game recognize the video card correctly.

I set all the graphics maxed out and play full screen, monitoring fps with fraps.

Well, the game is almost unplayable. When scrolling the camera on a new building (which is being loaded) or in a building with lots of sims and furniture, I have huge fps drops (from 60 fps to 20 fps!).

I tried to completely delete my old save folder and playing the game unthouched (no mods) but nothing changed.

Any suggestion?? I really want to play the game and it's awful that this game performs like crap on this high end machine  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

XsauroxPlayer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GTX 980 TI fps drops when scrolling!

Post by simmer_tony on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 16:06

Well, you definately need to try lowering your in game settings.
For more informations follow this guide: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22999-the-sims-3-optimization-guide

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XsauroxPlayer on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 17:18

Hi, I tried the optimization guide and things went little better, but I'll try to reinstall the game from scratch following the instrunctions on this site.

Is the 1.69 patch to be installed?? It isn't mentioned in the installation guide.

XsauroxPlayer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:41

@XsauroxPlayer wrote:Hi there,
I am very disappointed with ts4 so wanted to play ts3 again.

I installed base game + latest patch + all stuff packs and expansions and copied my old documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/ folder with saves and mods.

Entire game and save folder are on SSD, Samsung evo pro 850.
I have 16 gb ram, cpu i7 4790K and Nvidia GTX 980 TI. I followed the procedure to make game recognize the video card correctly.

I set all the graphics maxed out and play full screen, monitoring fps with fraps.

Well, the game is almost unplayable. When scrolling the camera on a new building (which is being loaded) or in a building with lots of sims and furniture, I have huge fps drops (from 60 fps to 20 fps!).

I tried to completely delete my old save folder and playing the game unthouched (no mods) but nothing changed.

Any suggestion?? I really want to play the game and it's awful that this game performs like crap on this high end machine  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Something that you should also do (if you haven't done yet), is to apply the 4GB patch. The other procedure mentioned in the optimization guide should work as well, but applying that 4GB patch is easier.
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

After downloading the patch, extract with WinRAR. Then double-click on it. Now navigate to your TS3.exe file typically located under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and apply the patch there. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched". It should make some difference in-game.

Bear in mind though that TS3 is a 32-bit application and even with this little tweak it won't use more than 4GB of your total installed RAM. Regarding The Sims 3 patch 1.69, please have a look here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22114-important-information-regarding-the-sims-3-version-1-69-36-0240

In case you were wondering, no, it doesn't add any bug or game optimization fixes. That patch is really only there to make things more difficult for people who pirated either the entire game or at least several DLC.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:57

@XsauroxPlayer wrote:

Is the 1.69 patch to be installed?? It isn't mentioned in the installation guide.

Hello,

No, stick to the 1.67. There's not much to the 1.69, and there's no crack for it.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XsauroxPlayer on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 20:02

Well, it didn't solve much. I always got huge fps drops on scrolling..  Why.

XsauroxPlayer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmer_tony on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 20:13

Maybe seems too simple, but try going to The Sims 3 ingame settings and set lower graphic option on Detailed Lots. This is killer even for highend PCs.

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 20:16

@XsauroxPlayer wrote:Well, it didn't solve much. I always got huge fps drops on scrolling..  Why.

May I ask which neighborhood you are playing in currently, and how much you customized the neighborhood, with custom lots, etc. ? If you are playing in one of these giant custom-made worlds ("Union Cove" is a nice example), and added lots of complex multi-story buildings, then it can put additional load on even strong computers. I'm not so much thinking about RAM and the GPU here, but more about the CPU, though in your case, it nominally should be very superior.

I myself still have an old Intel i3 @2.93 GHz, and I also get the occasional lags, but overall the game is playable for me. At least I cannot complain.

Technically, The Sims 3 is very poorly optimized, and the reason for this "limited" neighborhood in TS4 these days is partly to be found in these technical shortcomings of TS3.

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XsauroxPlayer on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 20:58

Well, with lots and lots of testing, I found out that the cause are my mods. I have checked with the dashboard and I don't have any conflict, so i'm selectively testing each bunch of mods to discover which is causing problems.

XsauroxPlayer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 06:00

@XsauroxPlayer wrote:Well, with lots and lots of testing, I found out that the cause are my mods. I have checked with the dashboard and I don't have any conflict, so i'm selectively testing each bunch of mods to discover which is causing problems.

The "dashboard" is highly unreliable, so it is indeed better to sift through the stuff manually (if at all possible).

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum