My married sims are now siblings.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My married sims are now siblings.

Post by auti on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 00:49

so yesterday i started up the game and i noticed my sims couldn't do any romantic interactions, and turns out, they're sisters now! i've read online and people have said it's from the cas.fulleditmode cheat, but i've used that multiple times and i've only had the issue recently. i tried using cheats to set their relationship, but it still says they're sisters. in cas i can't edit their relationship, even with the cheat on. i click on room-mate but it doesn't do anything. anyone have any way to resolve this issue? it's really really annoying me.

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : ALL OF THEM
Female Posts : 77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My married sims are now siblings.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:10

@auti wrote:so yesterday i started up the game and i noticed my sims couldn't do any romantic interactions, and turns out, they're sisters now! i've read online and people have said it's from the cas.fulleditmode cheat, but i've used that multiple times and i've only had the issue recently. i tried using cheats to set their relationship, but it still says they're sisters. in cas i can't edit their relationship, even with the cheat on. i click on room-mate but it doesn't do anything. anyone have any way to resolve this issue? it's really really annoying me.

Hello @auti,

The only workaround I can think of now is to not save the game if you realize that type of problem, but of course, that's not always going to work. Alternatively, try deleting the localthumbcache.package that is under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, then try the game again.

Otherwise, let's hope that a new pirated update will come again soon, because there a quite a few annoying in-game glitches there. Not that a new update won't introduce new glitches, but at least the old ones might get remedied. Very Happy 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by auti on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:18

i got sick of it and ended up uploading my family to the library then adding the family to my current family, deleting one of the sims, making the two married, then finally using cheats to set her daughter as her daughter. the family tree is all messed up, but it's whatever. not like it really matters.

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : ALL OF THEM
Female Posts : 77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:45

@auti wrote:i got sick of it and ended up uploading my family to the library then adding the family to my current family, deleting one of the sims, making the two married, then finally using cheats to set her daughter as her daughter. the family tree is all messed up, but it's whatever. not like it really matters.

Yes, that is a possibility. Maybe I myself would have tried restoring an earlier savegame version (see part of this topic here), even if some in-game progress was lost.

Sorry for the trouble you had to go through, but you wouldn't think that a relatively "small" game like TS4 could have so many in-game issues. But yes, what can we do ?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum