Origin Error with Get Together

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Error with Get Together

Post by Horselord420 on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 07:03

Hi,
I am getting the Origin error but only with the Get Together expansion. The base game + Get to Work functions properly. I believe the error is due to having to move the install folder out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

If I move the base game + Get to Work (which starts normally) to somewhere else such as C:\Program Files (x86), I get an initialization error. I have edited my registry as suggested elsewhere on the forums but that hasn't helped. I followed this guide, but I can't move the Sims 4 folder without errors: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix#

I have also tried all suggestions related to initialization errors here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#. I am on Windows 7, Microsoft Security Essentials is off, Windows defender is off, my router's firewall is off, Origin has been removed from my PC, I have no other A/V software.

I have tried uninstalling everything, removing all sims 4 files from my PC, restarting my PC, redownloading all files with anti-virus and firewall disabled, and reinstalling in the correct order, but still only the base game+GTW works, and only in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Adding the Get Together expansion = Origin error, moving the files = initialization error.

I recently installed the game + all expansions successfully for a friend no problem. Following the same steps myself hasn't worked, and I'm not sure why lol. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for long post!

Horselord420
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin Error with Get Together

Post by Tarac on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 13:24

First off all, the 64-bits version of the game is not effected in anyway by AV, provided you start the game with the file TS4_x64.exe and NOT with TS4.exe.

Looking at your specific problems, it seems that you have not copied/pasted all the folders from the Get Together download to the main folder of the Sims 4 in Program Files(x86).(Overwrite = yes). Are you logged in as an Administrator on your computer ?

Another possibiltiy could be that you haven't CUT the files and folders from The Sims 4 in Origin Games or Electronic Arts and then pasted the Sims 4 folder in Program Files(x86) but you simply COPIED them.
In that case the original installation still can be found in Origin Games or Electronic Arts.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :