Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by bootyfulee on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 23:27

Hello,

Since the Get Together update I've been trying to run my game using ts4_x64.exe and the "origin is not running" error keeps on showing whenever I opened the file, though the x32 version works perfectly on both C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86).
I've tried every possible solutions I saw on the forums, so far, by:

  • Putting the game folders into my AV exception list (I turned off Windows Defender and used avast instead)
  • Reinstalled the game + expansion packs in correct order
  • Moved The Sims 4 folder under C:\Program Files
  • Downloaded and applied the hotfix and No Origin files
  • Run the game as admin
  • Renaming the folder as someone suggested
  • Tried opening the game offline

and still, no luck Why. 

I'm not sure whether I messed up with the registry or by not applying the Ultimate Fix is what causing the game to not start up in 64 version since it said that I don't need it as the Get Together file also updates your game to the latest version. 

Truly appreciate to anyone who can point my mistake and help me through this  I tip my fedora.

bootyfulee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Saints Row, Stardew Valley
Female Posts : 4
Points : 996
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 05:53

@bootyfulee wrote:
Hello,

Since the Get Together update I've been trying to run my game using ts4_x64.exe and the "origin is not running" error keeps on showing whenever I opened the file, though the x32 version works perfectly on both C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86).
I've tried every possible solutions I saw on the forums, so far, by:

  • Putting the game folders into my AV exception list (I turned off Windows Defender and used avast instead)
  • Reinstalled the game + expansion packs in correct order
  • Moved The Sims 4 folder under C:\Program Files
  • Downloaded and applied the hotfix and No Origin files
  • Run the game as admin
  • Renaming the folder as someone suggested
  • Tried opening the game offline

and still, no luck Why. 

I'm not sure whether I messed up with the registry or by not applying the Ultimate Fix is what causing the game to not start up in 64 version since it said that I don't need it as the Get Together file also updates your game to the latest version. 

Truly appreciate to anyone who can point my mistake and help me through this  I tip my fedora.


Hello and welcome to the forum @bootyfulee,


You should double-check whether your anti-virus program(s) still have the exclusions set up correctly. This guide here can serve as a basic guideline:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Also, after you did that, feel free to re-download the crack-files from this link here. Copy and paste all files into the location C:\Program files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Avast is usually reliable, but even I had some difficulties with it even though the exclusions were set correctly. In that case, re-downloading the relevant files can be an idea.

Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13922
Points : 18458
Reputation : 1947
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by bootyfulee on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 09:16

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:You should double-check whether your anti-virus program(s) still have the exclusions set up correctly. This guide here can serve as a basic guideline:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Also, after you did that, feel free to re-download the crack-files from this link here. Copy and paste all files into the location C:\Program files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Avast is usually reliable, but even I had some difficulties with it even though the exclusions were set correctly. In that case, re-downloading the relevant files can be an idea.

Good luck !
I've done all the steps on the link you provided and re-downloaded and applying the crack files a number of times and yet the problem doesn't seem to go away..
Looks like my laptop doesn't particularly like the ts4_x64.exe file Oh my...

bootyfulee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Saints Row, Stardew Valley
Female Posts : 4
Points : 996
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by Tarac on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 09:59

You say that the 32-bits works like a charm.
Which means you have installed the game and placed the crack as it should be done.
You have even treated the AV correctly.

On my computer the only way to produce the Origin message is by copying TS4_x64 to my desktop instead of using a shortcut.
Try to start the game by clicking on TS4_x64 in the Game - Bin folder ?
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 1802
Points : 3539
Reputation : 275
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by bootyfulee on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:17

@Tarac wrote:You say that the 32-bits works like a charm.
Which means you have installed the game and placed the crack as it should be done.
You have even treated the AV correctly.

On my computer the only way to produce the Origin message is by copying TS4_x64 to my desktop instead of using a shortcut.
Try to start the game by clicking on TS4_x64 in the Game - Bin folder ?
I've been starting the game straight from the bin folder and no, it still doesn't work.
I don't know if this is relevant but the game did start only to show a black screen and then closed as the origin error dialogue popped out.

bootyfulee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Saints Row, Stardew Valley
Female Posts : 4
Points : 996
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by Tarac on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:28

Have you checked the Sims 4 folder in Program Files for double folders ?
When you copy/paste the folders from the download of Get Together you must copy them to the root folder of The Sims 4.
Sometimes people copy all the folders to the Bin-folder.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 1802
Points : 3539
Reputation : 275
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by bootyfulee on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:43

@Tarac wrote:Have you checked the Sims 4 folder in Program Files for double folders ?
When you copy/paste the folders from the download of Get Together you must copy them to the root folder of The Sims 4.
Sometimes people copy all the folders to the Bin-folder.
Yes and I'm totally sure that I've copied all the files into the correct folder.

bootyfulee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Saints Row, Stardew Valley
Female Posts : 4
Points : 996
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by simmer_tony on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:41

Hello,
if you have Origin installed uninstall it. If you followed this guide you maybe did step 5 wrong. Just to be sure check if you have this folder on your PC. Folder path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ MOVE it this location instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\. If for some reason you don't know how to move folder first copy it and paste to location. Then delete original folder. 
To apply crack properly. First, turn off your antivirus. Then, paste crack to The Sims 4 folder. Lastly, add all these paths to antivirus exception list while antivirus is turned off:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\__Installer
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Data
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Game
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Support

and just to be sure add all .exe files in C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Game\Bin also to exception list.
Turn on antivirus. You can also try playing The Sims 4 with antivirus turned off.

_________________
Talk to my left hand
Simmer Tony
Trying to be helpful here on forum 
The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
avatar
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439
Points : 1521
Reputation : 58
Join date : 2014-12-06
Location : Zagreb, Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! I can't open the game using the x64 version (origin error)

Post by Tarac on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 12:17

@simmer_tony wrote:Hello,
if you have Origin installed uninstall it. If you followed this guide you maybe did step 5 wrong. Just to be sure check if you have this folder on your PC. Folder path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ MOVE it this location instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\. If for some reason you don't know how to move folder first copy it and paste to location. Then delete original folder. 
To apply crack properly. First, turn off your antivirus. Then, paste crack to The Sims 4 folder. Lastly, add all these paths to antivirus exception list while antivirus is turned off:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\__Installer
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Data
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Game
C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Support

and just to be sure add all .exe files in C:\Program Files (x86)\ The Sims 4\Game\Bin also to exception list.
Turn on antivirus. You can also try playing The Sims 4 with antivirus turned off.
The 64-bits version has nothing to fear from AV.
Even when all "cracks" are effected, it doen't make any difference for the 64 bits.
The only files that could create havoc with AV are rld.dll (base game) and RldOrigin.dll (expansions)
You can remove these files from the bin folder and still play the 64-bits.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 1802
Points : 3539
Reputation : 275
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum