Game freezes during loading screen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by EmiliaW on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 12:45

Hello!

Hope this isn't a handful to read.

Alright, so I have installed the sims 4 base game successfully and then did the update only fix. I tried to run it the first time and it worked perfectly! However, I wanted to see that no errors happen in the future when I open my game. 
So I quit the game and tried opening it again, it worked but upon reaching the two 'skippable' cutscenes, the giant plumbob with a game 'tip' underneath, spins for a good 5 seconds and then a grey-ish layer goes over the whole screen and it is now frozen. *Note that when I first ran the game, it had a few mods installed. I have tried eliminating suspected mods however to no avail. I have also removed all my mods and the game still freezes even before reaching the main menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ❤️

Add:
- I have read a few handful of topics on the site regarding game freezes and crashes however I cannot find one that applies to my situation. Common suggestion was to install the Get to Work EP and Get Together + hotfix. But what if I do not wish to have those installed? Is it possible to have only the base game + update only fix and get it to work? Or do I have to install all of the mentioned EPs to get a working update?

EmiliaW
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 3
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 19:59

@EmiliaW wrote:Hello!

Hope this isn't a handful to read.

Alright, so I have installed the sims 4 base game successfully and then did the update only fix. I tried to run it the first time and it worked perfectly! However, I wanted to see that no errors happen in the future when I open my game. 
So I quit the game and tried opening it again, it worked but upon reaching the two 'skippable' cutscenes, the giant plumbob with a game 'tip' underneath, spins for a good 5 seconds and then a grey-ish layer goes over the whole screen and it is now frozen. *Note that when I first ran the game, it had a few mods installed. I have tried eliminating suspected mods however to no avail. I have also removed all my mods and the game still freezes even before reaching the main menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ❤️

Add:
- I have read a few handful of topics on the site regarding game freezes and crashes however I cannot find one that applies to my situation. Common suggestion was to install the Get to Work EP and Get Together + hotfix. But what if I do not wish to have those installed? Is it possible to have only the base game + update only fix and get it to work? Or do I have to install all of the mentioned EPs to get a working update?


//MOVED


Hello and welcome to the forum @EmiliaW,


I moved your post to the "Mac Support", after I saw you put "Mac OS" in your profile information. That said, The Sims 4 works differently than previous Sims games.

With The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 you could pick and choose which DLC you wanted to have. But nowadays with The Sims 4, you really need to have ALL the things installed. Theoretically it may be doable to modify the game files so that people can choose the DLC, but I imagine that would be a ton of work-effort.

Moreover, we cannot give any official Mac Support either on TS4. Please refer to the announcement here for more details.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22821-a-note-on-mac-linux-support-for-the-sims-4-please-read


Sorry I can't help more here. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15041
Points : 19988
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by simmer_tony on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 22:04

I've had exactly same issue. My solution was to install game in this order Base Game->GTW->GT->Hotfix.

_________________
Talk to my left hand
Simmer Tony
Trying to be helpful here on forum 
The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
avatar
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439
Points : 1706
Reputation : 61
Join date : 2014-12-06
Location : Zagreb, Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by EmiliaW on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 03:22

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@EmiliaW wrote:Hello!

Hope this isn't a handful to read.

Alright, so I have installed the sims 4 base game successfully and then did the update only fix. I tried to run it the first time and it worked perfectly! However, I wanted to see that no errors happen in the future when I open my game. 
So I quit the game and tried opening it again, it worked but upon reaching the two 'skippable' cutscenes, the giant plumbob with a game 'tip' underneath, spins for a good 5 seconds and then a grey-ish layer goes over the whole screen and it is now frozen. *Note that when I first ran the game, it had a few mods installed. I have tried eliminating suspected mods however to no avail. I have also removed all my mods and the game still freezes even before reaching the main menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ❤️

Add:
- I have read a few handful of topics on the site regarding game freezes and crashes however I cannot find one that applies to my situation. Common suggestion was to install the Get to Work EP and Get Together + hotfix. But what if I do not wish to have those installed? Is it possible to have only the base game + update only fix and get it to work? Or do I have to install all of the mentioned EPs to get a working update?


//MOVED


Hello and welcome to the forum @EmiliaW,


I moved your post to the "Mac Support", after I saw you put "Mac OS" in your profile information. That said, The Sims 4 works differently than previous Sims games.

With The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 you could pick and choose which DLC you wanted to have. But nowadays with The Sims 4, you really need to have ALL the things installed. Theoretically it may be doable to modify the game files so that people can choose the DLC, but I imagine that would be a ton of work-effort.

Moreover, we cannot give any official Mac Support either on TS4. Please refer to the announcement here for more details.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22821-a-note-on-mac-linux-support-for-the-sims-4-please-read


Sorry I can't help more here. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hmm.. It's all good. ☺️ Thank you very much, appreciate your reply. I'll probably try to install those DLCs and see what happens then. Smile

EmiliaW
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 3
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by EmiliaW on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 03:25

@simmer_tony wrote:I've had exactly same issue. My solution was to install game in this order Base Game->GTW->GT->Hotfix.
 Thanks! Will try it out.

Edit: Do you have any mods installed? If so, do they show up in game?

EmiliaW
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 3
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes during loading screen.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum