My game keep pausing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game keep pausing. [SOLVED]

Post by no-rule 2 on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 01:59

Hi there...  I tip my fedora.

I just installed this games the sims 3 in my laptop.. i have followed all ur steps.. and it's work.. i picked a househod and move into the house, i've done some renovation n bought a few stuff for my sims.. All done smoothly.. 

BUT, when start playing, for only a few minute it keep pause (or lagged..) for a 10-15 seconds.. when it start playing again, for few seconds and it pause again... 
i thought maybe it need some times.. so i quit the games n restart my laptop... n open the games again.. and when i play again, it keep pause (lagging).. i'm soo frustrated and become annoyed and lost my passion.. hahaha.. 

so, can someone help me to solve this problem.. Pleaseeee... 

*actually i have play n installed this games so many time before.. i just bought a new laptop.. so i don't what when wrong.. T_T   Help
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1-4
Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My game keep pausing. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 06:50

no-rule 2 wrote:Hi there...  I tip my fedora.

I just installed this games the sims 3 in my laptop.. i have followed all ur steps.. and it's work.. i picked a househod and move into the house, i've done some renovation n bought a few stuff for my sims.. All done smoothly.. 

BUT, when start playing, for only a few minute it keep pause (or lagged..) for a 10-15 seconds.. when it start playing again, for few seconds and it pause again... 
i thought maybe it need some times.. so i quit the games n restart my laptop... n open the games again.. and when i play again, it keep pause (lagging).. i'm soo frustrated and become annoyed and lost my passion.. hahaha.. 

so, can someone help me to solve this problem.. Pleaseeee... 

*actually i have play n installed this games so many time before.. i just bought a new laptop.. so i don't what when wrong.. T_T   Help

//MOVED 

Hello and welcome to the forum @no-rule 2,

I moved your post to the correct section. Smile  That said, have a look at these 2 threads here for possible solutions:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21716-excessive-fps-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

Also, is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version ? And do you have any mods installed ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14450

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 07:19

Hi The Ghostman =) Thank for ur fast reply!!! XD
sorry 4 the wrong section, i thought im in a rite section.. hahaa

My Window is 64 version.. and i never installed mod.. actually, i dont know much thing about mod etc.. X"D

i will look into all suggestion n i will get back to u (this topic) after i have some changes.. there is a lot of reading to do.. hahahaa IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 07:41

owh.. another one thing... before i do any changes, if i didn't used or installed any mod, do i need to installed and follow the suggestions relate to the mod?
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 09:58

Hello,

The mods suggested in that post can help with the lag, so it's a good idea to try those. 
You can skip #3 if you don't have any mods.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmer_tony on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:13

no-rule 2 wrote:owh.. another one thing... before i do any changes, if i didn't used or installed any mod, do i need to installed and follow the suggestions relate to the mod?
I would recommend installing these mods because they're performance/optimization mods. In guide everything is explained what they do to your game. Those mods are very crucial if you have low-end pc, because The Sims 3 is poorly optimized game. As you I don't have any mods, excluding performance mods mentioned in guide. 
NRaas Error Trap and Overwatch provide a lot of game clean up. Error Trap does save game clean up and reports any game errors and Overwatch makes corrections of persistent or recurring errors produced by the base game or other mods, resets sims and objects as well as performing nightly clean up when playing. 
The Traffic Mod provides a way to cut down on unnecessary vehicles populating and running all over your town.
Go Here has options whether to allow Sims in the world to use cars and boats (which often cause stuck sims) when routing.
Master Controller, among other game saving functions, allows for lot resets to fix broken objects and object reset for individual objects. It also allows an entire town reset which fixes stuck sims, broken objects, etc.
This and more performance mods, including other lag fixes can be found here.

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:07

Hi, there...

I have installed all the mods as suggested, one by one, it still lagging.. until it cannot be open.. it closed down every time i try to open the games.. 

so i decided to reinstall the games.. and the same situation,  after 4-5 time i play, it start to lag again. so i just use the same mod i have installed earlier.. so before it go to the menu, the games forced to close. and i deleted master controller mod and left only Gohere, overwatch, register and traffic.. but still lag.. 

i have changed the frame fps also, still lag.. i'm open the games using NVIDIA geforce.. 
and i try open the games directly (from the game/bin file) also lag.. 

for boost.. i have installed the ioibit.. and change to gamebox... but i cant find@search the sims 3 as instructed.. so i assume it just boost every programme that i run.. maybe.. 

i dont know what else i can do... wuwuwuww... T_T
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:59

no-rule 2 wrote:Hi, there...

I have installed all the mods as suggested, one by one, it still lagging.. until it cannot be open.. it closed down every time i try to open the games.. 

so i decided to reinstall the games.. and the same situation,  after 4-5 time i play, it start to lag again. so i just use the same mod i have installed earlier.. so before it go to the menu, the games forced to close. and i deleted master controller mod and left only Gohere, overwatch, register and traffic.. but still lag.. 

i have changed the frame fps also, still lag.. i'm open the games using NVIDIA geforce.. 
and i try open the games directly (from the game/bin file) also lag.. 

for boost.. i have installed the ioibit.. and change to gamebox... but i cant find@search the sims 3 as instructed.. so i assume it just boost every programme that i run.. maybe.. 

i dont know what else i can do... wuwuwuww... T_T

Id your Windows a 64-bit version ? And does your computer have 4GB of RAM or more ? If in BOTH cases "yes", then please go to the site here:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

And download that 4GB patch. Extract with WinRAR, and then double-click it. Then navigate to C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and select the TS3W.exe. Apply the patch on it, and wait for the "executable successfully patched"-message. Try the game again then.

Also see if lowering your graphics settings helps a bit.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Id your Windows a 64-bit version ? And does your computer have 4GB of RAM or more ? If in BOTH cases "yes", then please go to the site here:

And download that 4GB patch. Extract with WinRAR, and then double-click it. Then navigate to C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and select the TS3W.exe. Apply the patch on it, and wait for the "executable successfully patched"-message. Try the game again then.

my windows is 64-bit and my RAM is 12gb.. ok.. i will go to the site..

i will do as instructed and will be back to this post.. 

owhhh... i though if i use the highest graphic it will be better.. since that the reason i bought the gaming laptop.. hahahaa.. okok2.. i will try to lower the setting..
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:10

no-rule 2 wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

my windows is 64-bit and my RAM is 12gb.. ok.. i will go to the site..

i will do as instructed and will be back to this post.. 

owhhh... i though if i use the highest graphic it will be better.. since that the reason i bought the gaming laptop.. hahahaa.. okok2.. i will try to lower the setting..

Even higher-end desktop computers often have difficulties with The Sims 3. And laptops are generally NOT made for gaming purposes, even if they are branded "gaming laptops". This is because the hardware in laptops is smaller/more fragile, due to the space-constraints.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Even higher-end desktop computers often have difficulties with The Sims 3. And laptops are generally NOT made for gaming purposes, even if they are branded "gaming laptops". This is because the hardware in laptops is smaller/more fragile, due to the space-constraints.

Really?? Hahahaa.. i thought i will be better, than normal laptop... IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

ok, i have download n patch it..
and lower the setting, but still lag.. 

Oh my... Oh my... Oh my...

//EDIT

btw, how can i know that the mod i have installed is running? if it said in the beginning (as in the menu)  that the packaging has been installed, do i need to do anything? as need to click anywhere in the game or need to write anything in the writen box (crtl+alt+c) over there? sorry again i really not familiar with the mod..   
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 21:31

no-rule 2 wrote:Really?? Hahahaa.. i thought i will be better, than normal laptop... IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

ok, i have download n patch it..
and lower the setting, but still lag.. 

Oh my... Oh my... Oh my...

//EDIT

btw, how can i know that the mod i have installed is running? if it said in the beginning (as in the menu)  that the packaging has been installed, do i need to do anything? as need to click anywhere in the game or need to write anything in the writen box (crtl+alt+c) over there? sorry again i really not familiar with the mod..   

A mod is properly installed once you just put it into the correct folder. Which is Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. And you don't need to do anything else.

How "bad" is your lag ? Does it really stutter all the time, or only in certain situations ? Although my (old) computer still surpasses the requirements for the game in all aspects, I also got some lag, but only irregularly. It's a nuisance, but I can live with "my" type of lag.

Do you have any other mods installed too, besides what the other team members mentioned ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 06:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

A mod is properly installed once you just put it into the correct folder. Which is Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. And you don't need to do anything else.

How "bad" is your lag ? Does it really stutter all the time, or only in certain situations ? Although my (old) computer still surpasses the requirements for the game in all aspects, I also got some lag, but only irregularly. It's a nuisance, but I can live with "my" type of lag.

Do you have any other mods installed too, besides what the other team members mentioned ?

i don't have any other mod.. only the mod that suggested earlier.. T_T

My type of lag is very serious.. it happen every 2-3 minutes.. it become shorter if i forward 2x or 3x fast... if it is minor i can handle.. but this one is so serious.. T_T 

after i installed, it is normal.. so smooth.. it start after i open it for the 4th or 5th times.. maybe it true caused from the other sims or cars.. but after installed, the lag still happen.. any other suggestion? or the cause of lag? i really want to remove it.. T_T
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 17:11

no-rule 2 wrote:
i don't have any other mod.. only the mod that suggested earlier.. T_T

My type of lag is very serious.. it happen every 2-3 minutes.. it become shorter if i forward 2x or 3x fast... if it is minor i can handle.. but this one is so serious.. T_T 

after i installed, it is normal.. so smooth.. it start after i open it for the 4th or 5th times.. maybe it true caused from the other sims or cars.. but after installed, the lag still happen.. any other suggestion? or the cause of lag? i really want to remove it.. T_T

Not sure what else we could try though. Do you have similar problems when running other games ? It might be an option to consider uninstalling a few Sims 3 expansions or stuffpacks, although you probably are not going to like it...

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 19:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Not sure what else we could try though. Do you have similar problems when running other games ? It might be an option to consider uninstalling a few Sims 3 expansions or stuffpacks, although you probably are not going to like it...

Uh oh!! u know what..... i just finished played the game.. i have installed mod debugenabler... n made a new household.. and i have played almost 4hours without that serious lag.. only have a very minor lag.. which i can accept it.. hehehehee.. hopefully it didnt lag again after this.. 

thank a lot!!! for all the suggestions ... 

Ehhem... i also hope i no need to uninstalling any of the expansions and stuffpacks!! hahahaa

thank youuu~ ^^  All Hail Carlos!
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 16:43

no-rule 2 wrote:
Uh oh!! u know what..... i just finished played the game.. i have installed mod debugenabler... n made a new household.. and i have played almost 4hours without that serious lag.. only have a very minor lag.. which i can accept it.. hehehehee.. hopefully it didnt lag again after this.. 

thank a lot!!! for all the suggestions ... 

Ehhem... i also hope i no need to uninstalling any of the expansions and stuffpacks!! hahahaa

thank youuu~ ^^  All Hail Carlos!

The "DebugEnabler" from NRAAS is actually not known for being able to help with this type of issue; at least not normally. But yes, maybe it's because I still have an old version of the mod from 2013 or 2014. And the new version of the mod introduces new features.

Or maybe it was indeed the household you originally chose.

Do you have any other Sims 3-related questions for now, or can I close the thread ? Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no-rule 2 on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 21:30

hi!

Yes, i think u can closed the thread... thank you so much!!
no-rule 2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 08 Jul 2016, 17:30

Hello there,

Glad to here the game works fine now.
Enjoy playing and please let us know if you need help again! The Sims Plumbob 1

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum