The Sims 2 Complete Major Problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Major Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by starrkool2016 on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 13:13

I got a couple of major problem...

1) I try to install Open For Business and it keeps asking for disc 1 in the drive I tried to change locations of the file and reinstalling it but it still ask for disc 1.

2) when I installed Manisions and Gardens my AVG said that it was a major trojin horse virus what's up with that?

I've tried reinstaling The Sims 2 Complete. I've tried redownloading it from your site and reinstalling it and it comes up the same problems.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

starrkool2016
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 2 Complete Major Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 18:53

@starrkool2016 wrote:I got a couple of major problem...

1) I try to install Open For Business and it keeps asking for disc 1 in the drive I tried to change locations of the file and reinstalling it but it still ask for disc 1.

2) when I installed Manisions and Gardens my AVG said that it was a major trojin horse virus what's up with that?

I've tried reinstaling The Sims 2 Complete. I've tried redownloading it from your site and reinstalling it and it comes up the same problems.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum @starrkool2016,

About 1), if the procedure outlined in this thread doesn't work for you, then see if your still have the torrent for the "Complete Collection" of The Sims 2 running in your torrent client under seeding. If the .RAR file is still there, right-click on the torrent and choose "STOP". Then right-click again and choose "force re-check". This can take a while to complete. When done, please re-extract ALL contents of that big .RAR file, into another fresh folder, for example on the desktop. Then resume the installation.

About 2), it is common for modern anti-virus programs to flag cracked game files as 'virusses', given the fact that game publishers (understandably) don't approve of what we do. That said, the file is safe to use, and you should either ignore the warning or set an exclusion for The Sims 2 (the install & download locations on your computer).

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by starrkool2016 on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:21

I tryed that. Open for Business worked great. Now though I'm getting that it can't transfer \TSBin\TS2UPD.exe when I try to install Mansions And Gardens

Help

starrkool2016
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:29

@starrkool2016 wrote:I tryed that. Open for Business worked great. Now though I'm getting that it can't transfer \TSBin\TS2UPD.exe when I try to install Mansions And Gardens

Help

Have a look at the thread here, and apply hte procedure to the install loction of your The Sims 2 games, which should by default be C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by starrkool2016 on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:48

That would be a great guide if...

1) I was using windows 7;8 or Vista but I'm using XP

2)If I was trying to install The Sims 3 Which btw went in without a single glitch or error message

3)the error occered after I installed the Mansions & Gardens

4)the widow looked anything like the pictures or I understood a single step that you put into it

Skip it! I'll just wait and buy the hard copy of the stuff packs I'm missing on ebay.

thanks anyway.

starrkool2016

starrkool2016
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 13:01

@starrkool2016 wrote:That would be a great guide if...

1) I was using windows 7;8 or Vista but I'm using XP

2)If I was trying to install The Sims 3 Which btw went in without a single glitch or error message

3)the error occered after I installed the Mansions & Gardens

4)the widow looked anything like the pictures or I understood a single step that you put into it

Skip it! I'll just wait and buy the hard copy of the stuff packs I'm missing on ebay.

thanks anyway.

starrkool2016

And that is why there should be actual discussion on the troubleshooting forums. Smile  I cannot know these things, unless you tell me. Try seeing it from my perspective too: there is only so much I can do with the information given. If you like, we can go on, but if you feel too frustrated, tired or angry, then there is no point in us trying to assist you, because the longer you try tampering with the stuff, the more will go wrong. At that point, you should leave it completely, or at least take a pause. And once you feel more like it, read on here.

Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting the download ? You must use WinRAR only, and not anything else. You can also download WinRAR 5.21 from the site here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Also, I was thinking that maybe there could be a problem with the registry. Seeing that you seem to be having some difficulties, it may be tricky to do on your own. But EA posted a guide on their site here on how to remove the registry manually. Do so at your own risk only:
http://help.ea.com/en/article/manual-uninstall-for-sims-2-expansion-and-stuff-packs/

After that, you can re-boot the computer and then try re-installing the game. Other than that, there isn't much else I can do or suggest at the moment. Sorry you are having these difficulties, but yes, that's also one reason why console games are more popular than PC games these days.

//EDIT

If necessary, I could also help you via TeamViewer, read up here for more information:
https://games4theworld.org/contact.html

It might be be better if you let someone else modify the registry for you, someone who may be more familiar with these things.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just a small question about The Sims 2 complete

Post by starrkool2016 on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 14:09

The small question is...

How do I get The Sims 2  to work now that I have it installed?

the facts...

I'm using windows 7 Ultamite. The Sims 2 installed with out a hitch. The Sims 2 Mantions & Gardens will bring up the start screene but when I click on start it asks for the Mantions and gardens disk to be placed in the cd/dvd drive.

Help.

Starrkool2016

starrkool2016
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 16:41

Apparently you haven't placed the crack correctly.
In the download of Mansion & Garden you'll find a folder #Crack.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by starrkool2016 on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 20:56

ok. Call  me stupid.

i must be blind. i didn't see the #crack file.

thanks

starrkool2016
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 12:21

@starrkool2016 wrote:ok. Call  me stupid.

i must be blind. i didn't see the #crack file.

thanks

//MERGED

I merged your new topic to the one you created earlier. Adding to what @Tarac said, the Sims2EP9.exe inside the #Crack-folder must be copied/pasted into C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. When prompted, replace the existing file and then try re-running the game.

Since your problem seems solved, I'll close the thread. Have fun with the game and feel free to open a new thread on here (now that your original problem has been solved) !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum