Sims 3 questions; New to torrent.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 questions; New to torrent.

Post by sailormoron on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 21:04

1. Hello, so I checked out the link for must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly, but prior from visiting this forum, on PirateBay with Games4TheWorld, it says I need to download utorrent. Do I need to download that before downloading the Sims 3 base game to begin Step #1?
-- On that note, what else do I need to install before downloading the torrent? I already have WinRAR.

2. In addition, if I want to download the Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle on the website, do I need to follow the steps provided still? What steps do I have to take in order for the torrent to work for Sims 3 UC? My apologies for my lack of knowledge, this is new to me.

3. Do I need a VPN to install torrents? 
I have Windows 10, 6GB of RAM and Intel i3 processor.
After researching on your forum, I decided to completely uninstall my legit Sims 3 base game and University Life to start on a fresh, clean, slate. 
Do I need to uninstall Origin as well?

Do you recommend installing the Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle or picking it out instead?

Like I said, this is all new to me, so I apologize if I sound troublesome.
Please include step by step in depth explanation as well, thanks!

Last edited by sailormoron on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 21:52; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Extra information)

sailormoron
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 questions; New to torrent.

Post by simmer_tony on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 22:36

Hello, and welcome to forum,  Very Happy
best way is to uninstall all legal addons of The Sims 3 to avoid any further complications.
You must install torrent client like, Utorrent or Bitorrent. Then go HERE to download base game. Click "GET THIS TORRENT"and on upcoming pop up click to run program. Now, when torrent client is opened, if you want you can change directory of downloading. Wait for it to download 100% and now go to this website and pick at least one addon for The Sims 3. Download them as much as you want as long they're for The Sims 3.
Now when you downloaded base game and at leastone addon. You need to download WinRar from this link.

To install The Sims 3 you must follow this guide. When you download everything you need to extract it using WinRar. Create new folder and copy .rar file in it, then extract it. Example: create folder Base Game, copy .rar folder in it, right click on it and click"Extract here". Do this for all addons you downloaded. When this is done we need to go to next step.
You need to install Base Game. Open folder and open installing setup (click AutoRun.exe) and #InstallationGuide. When setup opens follow steps and when setup needs key, copy it from instalation guide. Just use instalation guide for keys, don't use #Crack folder.
Now when this step is done you need to update your game to latest version. To do that download manual patch from step #2. Install it. Now other addons.
Install other addons you downloaded same way as base game. You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!
Now proceed to other steps. Download Ultimate Fix, apply it and play game. Those last steps are well described in guide, so I won't have to descibe it personally for you.
If you have any other questions feel free to post them.

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailormoron on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 23:00

Thank you! I'm downloading the Sims 3 now. I'll catch up with you if I have any concerns or errors.
OH. Also, do I have to download that WinRAR? I already have one, but it's expired. But usually I just exit the notif out. Does it still matter?

sailormoron
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 23:10

sailormoron wrote:Thank you! I'm downloading the Sims 3 now. I'll catch up with you if I have any concerns or errors.
OH. Also, do I have to download that WinRAR? I already have one, but it's expired. But usually I just exit the notif out. Does it still matter?

Hello,

You can click away the notifications from your expired WinRAR, or re-download it from Games4theworld. It's you choice. But if you're planning on torrenting more often in the future, have a look at our basics-guide here:
https://goo.gl/UImMBQ

P.S. a VPN is a service that "masks" your internet traffic, to make it more difficult to associate the traffic with a particular user. It is nowadays mostly used for torrenting, and by people who live in countries that don't take kindly to torrenting (such as the US or the UK). Keep in mind too that good VPNs which are suitable for masking torrenting activity cost some money too, and there are no free solutions that I know of.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailormoron on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 23:19

Do you recommend getting a VPN then? I live in the United States. I would probably just download the Expansions and such all at once.
But if I do need a VPN, maybe I shouldn't download Sims 3 then, to avoid getting caught and such.

sailormoron
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailormoron on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 01:53

simmer_tony wrote:Hello, welcome to forum,  Very Happy
1. You must install torrent client like, Utorrent or Bitorrent. Then go to download base game. Click "GET THIS TORRENT" and on upcoming pop up click to run program. Now, when torrent client is opened, if you want you can change directory of downloading. Wait for it to download 100% and now go to this and pick at least one addon for The Sims 3. Download them as much as you want as long they're for The Sims 3.
Now when you downloaded base game and at leastone addon. You need to download WinRar from this 

2. Best way is to uninstall all legal The Sims 3 addons. Origin is optional. VPN is also optional for downloading torrents.

To install The Sims 3 you must follow this . When you download everything you need to extract it using WinRar. Create new folder and copy .rar file in it, then extract it. Example: create folder Base Game, copy .rar folder in it, right click on it and click "Extract here". Do this for all addons you downloaded. When this is done we need to go to next step.
You need to install Base Game. Open folder and open installing setup and #InstalationGuide. When setup opens follow steps and when setup needs key, copy it from instalation guide. Just use instalation guide for keys, don't use #Crack folder. 
Now when this step is done you need to update your game to latest version. To do that download manual patch from step #2. Install it. Now other addons.
Install other addons you downloaded same way as base game. You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!
Now proceed to other steps. Download Ultimate Fix, apply it and play game. Those last steps are well described in guide, so I won't have to descibe it personally for you.
If you have any other questions feel free to post them.
What Installation Setup? I don't see it, I only see the Installation thing for Generations(The EP I chosen) and The #InstallationGuide.

sailormoron
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmer_tony on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 09:49

Click AutoRun.exe

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sailormoron on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 16:00

There's no autorun.exe, no setup.exe, just #InstallationGuide.

Now that I think about it, it says it here: 
What do I do, now?

sailormoron
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 16:55

sailormoron wrote:There's no autorun.exe, no setup.exe, just #InstallationGuide.

Now that I think about it, it says it here: 
What do I do, now?

Hi there, @sailormoon! Very Happy

The process for the base game is a little different from the rest. You need to mount both those ISOs and then start the installation from the StartDisk. You can find a guide to mounting, if you need it, here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Mounting_Guide.pdf

You can also follow the Installation Guide that is inside the folder, ONLY for this base game, and ignoring the last step (with the Crack, you don't need to do any of that yet).

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum