Origin & already purchased base game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin & already purchased base game. [SOLVED]

Post by ViviG96 on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 14:32

I bought the base game, and now want to download the expansions. When I had the Sims 3, I did the same thing and it worked fine because all I had to do was enter the product key provided in the installation guide. However, the Sims 4 expansion torrents are different, and I can't seem to install them. No errors pop up, but my game isn't changing. I've copied everything from the expansion folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and am not logged into Origin, but nothing is changing. Help?

I'm sorry if there is already a post about this, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Last edited by ViviG96 on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 20:55; edited 1 time in total

ViviG96
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin & already purchased base game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:35

@ViviG96 wrote:I bought the base game, and now want to download the expansions. When I had the Sims 3, I did the same thing and it worked fine because all I had to do was enter the product key provided in the installation guide. However, the Sims 4 expansion torrents are different, and I can't seem to install them. No errors pop up, but my game isn't changing. I've copied everything from the expansion folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and am not logged into Origin, but nothing is changing. Help?

I'm sorry if there is already a post about this, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Hello and welcome to the forum @ViviG96,

For a start, if you bought the base game on Origin, you will need to copy & paste pirated DLC into C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4. Because that is the default install location for legit Sims 4 games.

Then you need to also configure you anti-virus/firewall issues properly. For an overview, please refer to the guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Should you still have any questions after that, feel free to ask. For now, good luck though !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin & already purchased base game. [SOLVED]

Post by ViviG96 on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 17:03

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@ViviG96 wrote:I bought the base game, and now want to download the expansions. When I had the Sims 3, I did the same thing and it worked fine because all I had to do was enter the product key provided in the installation guide. However, the Sims 4 expansion torrents are different, and I can't seem to install them. No errors pop up, but my game isn't changing. I've copied everything from the expansion folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and am not logged into Origin, but nothing is changing. Help?

Hello and welcome to the forum @ViviG96,

For a start, if you bought the base game on Origin, you will need to copy & paste pirated DLC into C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4. Because that is the default install location for legit Sims 4 games.

Then you need to also configure you anti-virus/firewall issues properly. For an overview, please refer to the guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Should you still have any questions after that, feel free to ask. For now, good luck though !

Thank you so much! It's working now Smile

Mod edit: Glad to hear ! Very Happy  If you need more help in the future, please open a new thread on here. In the meantime, have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. 

- The_gh0stm4n

ViviG96
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum