Windows 8.1 and The Sims 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 8.1 and The Sims 2.

Post by Mathias Aurelius on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 02:30

Hi I tip my fedora.

I'm not sure if its the right place, sorry if it needs to be moved... I is confused

I am wondering if the sims 2 installation or gameplay will be okay in windows 8.1?       [is it a problematic system?]

Ive had issues in the sims 3, just in the screen size and making it fit my screen size is a no go because then the controls don't work, so I can play it, but have a thick black margin on either side(a tad irritating). No shit, Sherlock.

The sims 2 will probably do the same but will it at least be playable?

(All the sims I have are from here)
All Hail Carlos!

Mathias Aurelius
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 8.1 and The Sims 2.

Post by simmer_tony on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 10:24

Hello, and welcome to forum,  Very Happy
The Sims 2 works fine on my Windows 8.1 OS. Try it and if there's problems feel free to open new thread and we'll solve problem.
And for your The Sims 3 problem you need to go to Options->Graphics->Screen Resolution. Set it to different resolution.

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 8.1 and The Sims 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:23

@Mathias Aurelius wrote:
Hi I tip my fedora.

I'm not sure if its the right place, sorry if it needs to be moved... I is confused

I am wondering if the sims 2 installation or gameplay will be okay in windows 8.1?       [is it a problematic system?]

Ive had issues in the sims 3, just in the screen size and making it fit my screen size is a no go because then the controls don't work, so I can play it, but have a thick black margin on either side(a tad irritating). No shit, Sherlock.

The sims 2 will probably do the same but will it at least be playable?

(All the sims I have are from here)
All Hail Carlos!

Welcome to the forum ! Smile

If you want to use the "Complete Collection" of The Sims 2 (from Games4theworld & available on the official downloads-site), then I recommend having a look at this thread here too:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22306-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-possible-lag-issues-on-windows-10

This also applies to Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. too. I myself ran The Sims 2 on Windows 10 with no problems whatsoever. Good luck !

P.S. Windows 10 is essentially an "upgraded" (?) Windows 8.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum