HackTool:MSIL/Gendows in microsoft 2013 download?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HackTool:MSIL/Gendows in microsoft 2013 download?

Post by sandraK on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 18:46

I downloaded Microsoft 2013 from this site as I do for almost all my downloads and I installed it on my laptop, now my laptop is barely usable because a virus called HackTool:MSIL/Gendows. 

I have never before experienced anything bad coming from this site but in the information about removing that virus it said that it usually come from pirated versions of office or windows sooo, anyone else got this problem with that download?
Anyone know how to remove the virus?

I seriously doubt that it comes from this site but heck, I have to be certain so I just thought I would ask

sandraK
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HackTool:MSIL/Gendows in microsoft 2013 download?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 20:00

sandraK wrote:I downloaded Microsoft 2013 from this site as I do for almost all my downloads and I installed it on my laptop, now my laptop is barely usable because a virus called HackTool:MSIL/Gendows. 

I have never before experienced anything bad coming from this site but in the information about removing that virus it said that it usually come from pirated versions of office or windows sooo, anyone else got this problem with that download?
Anyone know how to remove the virus?

I seriously doubt that it comes from this site but heck, I have to be certain so I just thought I would ask

Hello and welcome to the forum @sandraK,

These tools are always picked up as "virusses", because anti-virus-companies are getting paid to detect these items (by video game & computer software publishers). Another reason is that these crack files & activators "behave" similarly to many known virusses. For example, a cracked game might emulate the behavior of game clients such as Steam or Origin, and this behavior in turn often triggers these anti-virus messages.

You can use the activator safely. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HackTool:MSIL/Gendows in microsoft 2013 download?

Post by Adwomin on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 00:10

Hi there,

It's indeed what we call a "false-positive".
Just make sure that you downloaded it only from our official pages: www.games4theworld.org and our TPB account here: http://ow.ly/fl5c301MclT

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum