Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED]

Post by AngelaMV on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 23:13

Every time I try to install CC and Store Content and my game the downloader just refuses to work and insists that it stopped working. I don't know what is causing this but the game works just fine I however rather not play it without my content because it is important to my game. My game version is 1.67.2.024017 I've heard that 1.69 would refuse to let you download content but people said that 1.67 was fine. If that is not the case and my current version is the culprit I would be grateful if you could provide my with a link to update to an earlier version. Thank you

AngelaMV
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series
Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher Downloads Refuses To Work!!! [SOLVED]

Post by simmer_tony on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:28

Hello,
try installing Super Patcher. When pop up says that you have newer version just press Ok. This is a bit risky because you could mess up game. Best way is to uninstall Base Game, install it from DVD (not digital download) and then apply Super Patcher 1.67. Also, some users reported that EPs and SPs don't work when they had them in Origin because it demands to install version 1.69.
You have legal game, but you could install pirated version of The Sims 3 and all of its expansion and never worry about update 1.69.

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelaMV on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:48

Well, I seemed to solve this problem. I typed my solution to this problem but I some how messed it up... Anyways I just removed everything from my documents folder and started the launcher for it to replace everything. Thank you for your help and excuse my poor English as I am still learning.  
Tea 4

AngelaMV
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series
Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 18:03

@AngelaMV wrote:Well, I seemed to solve this problem. I typed my solution to this problem but I some how messed it up... Anyways I just removed everything from my documents folder and started the launcher for it to replace everything. Thank you for your help and excuse my poor English as I am still learning.  
Tea 4

//MOVED

Hello,

Some other users also pointed out you could try disabling your internet connection temporarily, if you are having launcher problems. But this only mainly seems to be the case for those who have a legit Origin base-game of Sims 3, and are on patch version 1.69. Other potential launcher issues are described in this thread too:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16882-the-sims-3-launcher-problems-notice

Since your original problem seems solved, I will close this. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again, or message me if you want this thread to be re-opened later on. In the meantime, have fun ! Smile

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum