After installing Sims4, Sims3 needs Origin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After installing Sims4, Sims3 needs Origin

Post by Silverwing on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:16

Hello there, 

A few days ago I installed Sims 4(bought), after a few days I downloaded the expansion packs from G4TW, but I couldn't install them properly so I just deleted Sims 4 and Origin from my laptop. I don't really like Sims 4 that much, so it's not that big of a deal.

But.. When I wanted to play Sims 3, which all of my expansion packs I downloaded, it said to open through Origin. Which I deleted. So I did the Ultimate Fix. It still said, "Sims 3 launcher doesn't work" and open through Origin. So I dowloaded Origin, tried to open Sims 3 there, didn't work. Applied the Ultimate Fix again. Didn't work. 

My Origin Games folder is completely empty, so I can't do anything there. The only thing I could think of is that I have my Sims 3 games installed in the D: drive, not in the C:. But before I downloaded Sims 4 that wasn't any problem, Sims 3 ran as smoothly as ever so....

I'm lost. I don't want to reinstall all my games since I have almost every game and stuff pack, it took me 2 to 3 days to install them all. Plus I can't install them on the C: drive because I don't have enough space there...

Silverwing
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: After installing Sims4, Sims3 needs Origin

Post by Tarac on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:34

Just install Mansion @ Garden again and then apply the hotfix.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverwing on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 20:02

I don't know which expansion pack Mansion @Garden is? I installed something with Town Stuff again and applied the ultimate fix but that did not work.

///EDIT///

I installed World Adventures, as I did not have this installed yet.. When I open the Sims 3 launcher it just says, "Sims 3 stopped working".. Please help me I have 1.5 month of holiday left and I'm so bored I want to play Sims haha

Silverwing
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 18:18

Silverwing wrote:
I installed World Adventures, as I did not have this installed yet.. When I open the Sims 3 launcher it just says, "Sims 3 stopped working".. Please help me I have 1.5 month of holiday left and I'm so bored I want to play Sims haha

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply @Silverwing,

Are you sure you downloaded Games4theworld's stuff on The Sims 3 ? I recall not too long ago there was another user who said she "downloaded from Games4theworld" and it turned she actually didn't. She got the same problem with Origin opening.

Did you download your Sims 3 stuff from this site here ?
http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverwing on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 19:11

Hello and no problem!

Yes I did. It worked perfectly fine before I installed Sims 4 again(bought). When I wanted to play Sims 3 again it didn't work. I'm finding the strenght to just delete Sims 3 and download some of the expansion packs again and install it on the C Drive now..

Silverwing
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 19:14

Silverwing wrote:Hello and no problem!

Yes I did. It worked perfectly fine before I installed Sims 4 again(bought). When I wanted to play Sims 3 again it didn't work. I'm finding the strenght to just delete Sims 3 and download some of the expansion packs again and install it on the C Drive now..

Can you for now only try uninstalling the BASE GAME of The Sims 3 ? Then re-boot the computer. After that re-install the base game and re-apply the 1.67 manual superpatch.

See if that made any difference. And no, there is usually no need to uninstall the entire Sims 3 collection. Good luck again !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverwing on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 19:17

That sounds better than re-installing all the games, haha. I will try this when I have the time and will let you know if it worked! Thanks so much

Silverwing
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 09:30

Silverwing wrote:That sounds better than re-installing all the games, haha. I will try this when I have the time and will let you know if it worked! Thanks so much

Sorry for the late reply, but if you haven't uninstalled yet, you may want to check out this guide here, which will show you a procedure that involves uninstalling the game "manually".
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

It may be more work, but it will also make sure to remove any old registry entries in your computer, that can possibly interfere with the game.

Good luck again, and feel free to post back when you are ready. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverwing on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 13:36

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and just copied the Sims 3 files from Documents into the new one so I have all my families back and stuff and it worked perfectly! So thanks alot!

Silverwing
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum