Sims 3 Chronic Crashing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Chronic Crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by tofuDN on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 04:56

Hey everybody! I'm having some issues with the sims 3, it crashes every time during my first create-a-sim. Now my computer is brand new, haven't had it more than a week or two, 16 gb ram (Yes I know sims technically only uses 1 or 2), Nvidia GeForce GT 610 graphics card, AMD Quad Core 3.7 ghz, windows 10 OS. I originally used a backup copy of the sims 3 - complete collection from my original computer; when that was troublesome I completely removed the sims (all document files, all program files, and everything in registry), redownloaded the torrent, and reinstalled; yes I followed the instructions for properly installing the game, http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. Now the following is a list of everything I'm currently doing/tried: Applied the ultimate fix, done everything on the following list http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015; including never installing custom content, adding all the exe files to DEP, turning off vertical sync for my nvidia graphics card, etc; cleared sims 3 cache, performed a factory reset of the game, running the game as an administrator. Now I've run Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard and it says that DeltaBuild0.package, DeltaBuild_p06.package, DeltaBuild_p02.package are corrupt. I had on a previous sims 3 installation attempted her fix all problems through this dashboard which resulted in disabling them due to inability to fix. Which caused a whole new set of problems; needless to say even though it isn't working, these files are not currently disabled. I've done a thorough search of the forums both here and everywhere else and have tried everything I can think of. Please help! Why God.

tofuDN
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Chronic Crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 10:02

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
The dashboard is for custom content, I'm sure it's a bad idea to disable any files that setup put there. Did you have any mods/cc when this problem started?

One thing you can try is to run the patch for 1.67.xx again.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14292

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tofuDN on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 19:01

On the first install I had some custom content, but on the one I'm currently dealing with I don't have any. I'll try running the patch again, I'm also trying some other things so if something works I'll post it. Thank you for your reply and suggestion! Smile

tofuDN
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 19:06

You're welcome.
Good luck, and we'll be happy to hear what has worked for you!

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14292

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tofuDN on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 22:47

Got it working! Reapplying the update didn't seem to do anything, so I systematically started going through all the fixes and "turning them off then back on." (Playing it without running it as an administrator, etc.) Resetting the DEP settings back to default stopped the crashing! I guess one of the fixes fixed the original problem but changing the DEP settings caused a similar problem with the same symptoms. Whatever was/is going on, my game is running beautifully now, been running it for a few hours just to make sure. Thanks to Edin ElDi for the suggestion and hopefully this topic will do good by letting people who have a similar problem know that returning the DEP settings to default might actually help. Thanks again and happy simming!

tofuDN
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 23:01

Good to hear it's working now! Thanks for letting us know what fixed it.

Don't hesitate to post if you run into trouble again.

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)