Sims 4 opens very slowly? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 opens very slowly? [SOLVED]

Post by abbymadeline on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 03:12

When I click my Sims 4 icon, each time it'll take 2-3 minutes to open (as in, nothing pops up at all for this time), sometimes it won't open at all. I feel like I may have messed something up during installation, but I followed all steps carefully. When the game finally starts, though, everything is there and working fine. I've added everything to my antiviruse's whitelist. I also tried turning it off while running the game.

In the past couple days I downloaded different versions I found online, both of which opened quickly and smoothly, so it's not my computer. I uninstalled them, though, as I saw this was easier and simpler to keep up-to-date. Is there any way I can stop this and make it start up regularly? 

Sorry if there's already a question like this; I couldn't find it.  I'm new here.

abbymadeline
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 328
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 opens very slowly? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 19:07

@abbymadeline wrote:When I click my Sims 4 icon, each time it'll take 2-3 minutes to open (as in, nothing pops up at all for this time), sometimes it won't open at all. I feel like I may have messed something up during installation, but I followed all steps carefully. When the game finally starts, though, everything is there and working fine. I've added everything to my antiviruse's whitelist. I also tried turning it off while running the game.

In the past couple days I downloaded different versions I found online, both of which opened quickly and smoothly, so it's not my computer. I uninstalled them, though, as I saw this was easier and simpler to keep up-to-date. Is there any way I can stop this and make it start up regularly? 

Sorry if there's already a question like this; I couldn't find it.  I'm new here.


Hello and welcome to the forum @abbymadeline ! Very Happy

In the past, I recall helping another user via "TeamViewer", who experienced something very similar: the game would open slowly, and only after a long time it would get to the main menu.

I found that this person had used a lot (and I mean, literally TONS) of custom content. Clothes, hairstyles, makeup, custom skins, buymode-objects, a few script mods...almost anything.

Is that maybe the case with you too ?
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18103
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 opens very slowly? [SOLVED]

Post by abbymadeline on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 19:34

Nope, it was like that ever since I started it up the first time with no mods. It's no biggie, just a little annoying. Razz

abbymadeline
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 328
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 opens very slowly? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 19:46

@abbymadeline wrote:Nope, it was like that ever since I started it up the first time with no mods. It's no biggie, just a little annoying. Razz


Tried defragmenting your hard-drive ? Smile  Other possibilities can include using tools such as Razer Cortext to free up system resources (google Razer Cortex, it's free to use), freeing up hard-drive space,...

Also, are you by any chance playing the game from an external drive or something like that ?
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18103
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 opens very slowly? [SOLVED]

Post by abbymadeline on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 04:29

I removed all my Sims 4 and EA-related files and uninstalled everything. Then I reinstalled and it seems to be working good now.

Still not sure what it was but now that it's all cleaned up there's no problems. Smile

abbymadeline
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 328
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 opens very slowly? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 18:52

@abbymadeline wrote:I removed all my Sims 4 and EA-related files and uninstalled everything. Then I reinstalled and it seems to be working good now.

Still not sure what it was but now that it's all cleaned up there's no problems. Smile


Thanks for the feedback @abbymadeline ! This is very interesting to know. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling can indeed help, although personally I'm not a fan of it, and try avoiding it myself wherever possible. Very often things can go wrong badly when uninstalling, especially if you're not sure what you're doing. Making things even more difficult in the end.

Feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need more support. Until then, have fun with the game ! Problem solved, topic closed.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18103
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum