Face Bug. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Face Bug. [SOLVED]

Post by Calmflipper on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 05:28

Hello! after i downloaded the newest hotfix/patch for the Dine Out DLC, my male sims' faces do this 

this bug seems to happen only when i zoom in as you can see from the above screenshots 

it goes back to normal when i zoom out, but the left hand panel which shows their profile and emotions still has their faces missing because it's zoomed in originally. i just thought i'd point this bug out!

NOTE: i already had the "old" ultimate fix i only had to download the little Dine Out patch.

Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Face Bug. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 08:49

Hello @Calmflipper and welcome to the forum,

I don't have the bug myself, so I'm not sure what to say. The first thing to check is whether you have any custom content, and if so, maybe try removing all of them.

Also try deleting the localthumbcache.package located under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Then re-start the game. Good luck and do keep us posted ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calmflipper on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 09:35

Thanks for replying! i dont have any cc or mods so i deleted the cache files and restarted the laptop and it works fine now! if the bug showed up later on i'll repeat the same thing.

Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 17:01

@Calmflipper wrote:Thanks for replying! i dont have any cc or mods so i deleted the cache files and restarted the laptop and it works fine now! if the bug showed up later on i'll repeat the same thing.

I really wonder how frequently these "corrupted cache files" are able to create eitehr game-breaking bugs or other unpleasant in-game effects, either way, good to hear you seemingly got it sorted out. Smile  If you ever need more support on anything we can help with, just open a new topic, anytime. Have fun !

Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum