Game crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes

Post by Teslachick2 on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 23:29

My game worked fine until I installed the "Dine Out" ultimate fix. Now the game constantly crashes whenever I try to go to the world view or travel anywhere. I've tried removing mods, reinstalling the fix and running the game in compatibility mode but nothing works. Is there a way I can remove the "Dine out" fix and just go back to what worked for me before? Or any other solution?

Teslachick2
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 09:15

Teslachick2 wrote:My game worked fine until I installed the "Dine Out" ultimate fix. Now the game constantly crashes whenever I try to go to the world view or travel anywhere. I've tried removing mods, reinstalling the fix and running the game in compatibility mode but nothing works. Is there a way I can remove the "Dine out" fix and just go back to what worked for me before? Or any other solution?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @teslachick2,

Assuming you used Games4theworld's releases of The Sims 4, have you made sure to install the items in the following order ?

The Sims 4 base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14431

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teslachick2 on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 09:38

Yes, I was very careful to read the guide and install them in the proper order. I've been playing since June and the game worked fine with few initial problems which I was able to resolve by looking through the tons of helpful tips on this site. until last week when I added the Dine out patch. That's when the crashing started.

Now I'm always close to ripping my poor hair off in frustration cos the game crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME I attempt to travel or just follow my sim to work, or even just go to Manage Worlds. The loading screen comes up and then freezes, I get a notice saying "The Sims 4 has stopped working" and the game shuts down.

Teslachick2
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmer_tony on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 11:51

Try following this guide to possibly solve your problems.
Good luck and keep us posted!  Smile

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teslachick2 on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 07:00

Thank you so much Simmer Tony! I checked the guide and remained the Sims 4 folder...I had to start a new game, but I don't mind so maybe it was the mods or the houses I downloaded from TSR that caused the crashes.

Anyway, my game runs much smoother now and I'm really happy about that. Thanks again. Very Happy

Teslachick2
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum