Can i install more expansions after i've completed the original installation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can i install more expansions after i've completed the original installation?

Post by diamondchurchst on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 06:30

this might be a really silly question, but - i've got ts3 base, ambitions, generations, pets, seasons, town life stuff, and diesel stuff installed, and have had them installed for about two weeks.  everything works fine on that end.  however, i realized last night that a lot of the content i thought came with ambitions actually comes with late night, and i've become more interested in supernatural lately as well; would i have to reinstall the ultimate fix if i decided to install those two EPs as well, or would i break my game if i tried to install things after the ultimate fix?

diamondchurchst
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can i install more expansions after i've completed the original installation?

Post by simmer_tony on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 13:03

Just install expansion you want and apply Ultimate Fix. It won't break anything.
Fell free to ask more questions.

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can i install more expansions after i've completed the original installation?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 03:24

@diamondchurchst wrote:this might be a really silly question, but - i've got ts3 base, ambitions, generations, pets, seasons, town life stuff, and diesel stuff installed, and have had them installed for about two weeks.  everything works fine on that end.  however, i realized last night that a lot of the content i thought came with ambitions actually comes with late night, and i've become more interested in supernatural lately as well; would i have to reinstall the ultimate fix if i decided to install those two EPs as well, or would i break my game if i tried to install things after the ultimate fix?

Sorry for the late reply,

Just wanted to add that if you wanted to add more expansions into your Sims 3 installation, it can be advantageous to re-apply the 1.67 manual patch first, and then re-apply the Ultimate fix. However, this is an optional step, and not obligatory. The thought behind it is that re-applying the 1.67 patch + Ultimate fix can help reducing bugs that can come up during the installation of new stuff.

If your computer is strong enough to run the game and if you have enough filespace, then I suggest you consider going forward and just install all TS3 packs. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum