Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:03

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before...
Is it possible to get the forbidden fruit plant using the buydebug cheat? I looked in the buydebug category under plant spawners but didn't find any, so I wonder if it is even possible to get it via buydebug.
The thing is, I really want a plaantsim but can't be bothered hunting down the forbidden fruit seed and growing it.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by simmer_tony on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 12:37

Yes, it is possible.
By using the debug mode, one can visit the debug catalog in which many readymade plants with their produce are available. Select the forbidden planet and you can have the fruit.

Just look more closely as catalog is very cluttered and hard to find specific plant, as mostly of them are really similar.

_________________
Talk to my left hand
Simmer Tony
Trying to be helpful here on forum 
The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1

simmer_tony
Helper
Helping the noobs. Just kidding. :P
Helper Helping the noobs. Just kidding. :P

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439
Points : 1285
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-06
Location : Zagreb, Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 15:00

@simmer_tony wrote:Yes, it is possible.
By using the debug mode, one can visit the debug catalog in which many readymade plants with their produce are available. Select the forbidden planet and you can have the fruit.

Just look more closely as catalog is very cluttered and hard to find specific plant, as mostly of them are really similar.
Thanks. How do I know that it is a forbidden fruit? Will it say 'forbidden fruit' or 'forbidden plant' on the tooltip that came up once I hover my mouse over a plant? Also assuming that this fruit came with University Life, the plant should have the University Life icon right?

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by simmer_tony on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 15:18

You'll find it more easely by filtering items that come with University Life using filter oprtions in BuyDebug Catalog.

_________________
Talk to my left hand
Simmer Tony
Trying to be helpful here on forum 
The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1

simmer_tony
Helper
Helping the noobs. Just kidding. :P
Helper Helping the noobs. Just kidding. :P

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439
Points : 1285
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2014-12-06
Location : Zagreb, Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 15:23

@simmer_tony wrote:You'll find it more easely by filtering items that come with University Life using filter oprtions in BuyDebug Catalog.
I did that but I didn't see anything that says 'forbidden fruit' or 'forbidden plant' or something similar under the gardening plants/seed spawners. Am I looking in the right tab?

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 04:37

@supanut2000 wrote:I did that but I didn't see anything that says 'forbidden fruit' or 'forbidden plant' or something similar under the gardening plants/seed spawners. Am I looking in the right tab?


When I read the topic title, I was immediately confused about the topic. 

Edit: don't you need a high-level gardening skill to be able to plant the seed for the forbidden fruit ? And I also recall there were some plant seeds which you could only get through experiments with that "research machine", that came with the University life pack. Not sure whether that forbidden seed is actually included in the buydebug-menu. If it's not there, you'll have to do experiments on the research machine.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16200
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 07:28

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@supanut2000 wrote:I did that but I didn't see anything that says 'forbidden fruit' or 'forbidden plant' or something similar under the gardening plants/seed spawners. Am I looking in the right tab?


When I read the topic title, I was immediately confused about the topic. 

Edit: don't you need a high-level gardening skill to be able to plant the seed for the forbidden fruit ? And I also recall there were some plant seeds which you could only get through experiments with that "research machine", that came with the University life pack. Not sure whether that forbidden seed is actually included in the buydebug-menu. If it's not there, you'll have to do experiments on the research machine.
I read online that the seed can be collected in the wild. So my theory is, if such seed existed in the wild, then that seed must be in the buydebug section too.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 07:42

@supanut2000 wrote:I read online that the seed can be collected in the wild. So my theory is, if such seed existed in the wild, then that seed must be in the buydebug section too.


Maybe.

But then, aren't there any seed spawners available from buydebug too ? You could also try one of those.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16200
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 08:12

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@supanut2000 wrote:I read online that the seed can be collected in the wild. So my theory is, if such seed existed in the wild, then that seed must be in the buydebug section too.


Maybe.

But then, aren't there any seed spawners available from buydebug too ? You could also try one of those.
Yes there are seed spawners in buydebug, but I quite don't know how they work; when I placed them on my lot no seeds show up at all.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 09:17

@supanut2000 wrote:
@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@supanut2000 wrote:I read online that the seed can be collected in the wild. So my theory is, if such seed existed in the wild, then that seed must be in the buydebug section too.


Maybe.

But then, aren't there any seed spawners available from buydebug too ? You could also try one of those.
Yes there are seed spawners in buydebug, but I quite don't know how they work; when I placed them on my lot no seeds show up at all.

The seed spawner takes 24-36 hours (in-game) to start spawning. I daresay you would have to spawn a "special" seed.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1288
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 09:25

Edin ElDi wrote:
@supanut2000 wrote:
@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@supanut2000 wrote:I read online that the seed can be collected in the wild. So my theory is, if such seed existed in the wild, then that seed must be in the buydebug section too.


Maybe.

But then, aren't there any seed spawners available from buydebug too ? You could also try one of those.
Yes there are seed spawners in buydebug, but I quite don't know how they work; when I placed them on my lot no seeds show up at all.

The seed spawner takes 24-36 hours (in-game) to start spawning. I daresay you would have to spawn a "special" seed.
Oh, thanks! I'll have to give it a try and see how it goes...will report back once I gave it a try...

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 09:36

Please do!
Keep in mind that you never know which (special) plant is going to come out of a special seed, try a couple before you start thinking it doesn't work.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1288
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 10:33

Edin ElDi wrote:Please do!
Keep in mind that you never know which (special) plant is going to come out of a special seed, try a couple before you start thinking it doesn't work.
Hi, so after waiting I finally got some seeds, but they're all unknown/rare seeds. How do I find out what special plant will a seed produce? Do I have to plant them first?

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 15:25

Wait, nevermind all that. I was looking for spawner information when I came across this.
It looks like you should be able to find the plant you seek in buydebug mode.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1288
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 16:16

Edin ElDi wrote:Wait, nevermind all that. I was looking for spawner information when I came across this.
It looks like you should be able to find the plant you seek in buydebug mode.
I read that guid before, and I can't find forbidden fruit in buydebug under the plants spawners, at least none of the plants I saw have 'forbidden fruit' or 'forbidden plant' in the name when I hover my mouse over them.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 17:45

I'll check in-game later, please check back in a couple of hours Very Happy

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1288
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 18:15

Ah! 
I couldn't find the forbidden fruit plant either but! You can change any sim into a Plantsim if you're so inclined, by using a mod.


-You need this mod.
-Click your Sim, and from the menu, pick Nraas
-Pick MasterController > Intermediate
-Find: Occult: Add
-Find "PlantSim" in the list and select
-Use the "check" button 


And you're done!

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1288
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 18:32

Edin ElDi wrote:Ah! 
I couldn't find the forbidden fruit plant either but! You can change any sim into a Plantsim if you're so inclined, by using a mod.


-You need this mod.
-Click your Sim, and from the menu, pick Nraas
-Pick MasterController > Intermediate
-Find: Occult: Add
-Find "PlantSim" in the list and select
-Use the "check" button 


And you're done!
Thanks for the info.
Will this replace any acult state that my sim currently have E.G fairy? My entire aim at first is to get one of my sim, probably a fairy or a witch, to harvest the forbidden fruit and hope it produces a plantsim baby.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 09:52

Well, yes it will replace your Sims occult state. If you don't want that, there is always the "ofdicial" way as described in the link above. 
It'll take longer, but it'll get you the desired result Smile

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1288
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 10:33

Edin ElDi wrote:Well, yes it will replace your Sims occult state. If you don't want that, there is always the "ofdicial" way as described in the link above. 
It'll take longer, but it'll get you the desired result Smile
Thanks for the reply. So if I want to go the right way - planting the fruit and harvesting the baby I just have to keep collecting seeds that spawn from the spawners I placed on my lot? So far all the seeds I got were unknown seeds.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 13:06

Apparently, you need a Science Station on your lot and you need Gardening Skill level 7. With seeds in your inventory, you select "Gene Splicing Experiment" on the Science Station, which can potentially fail numerous times before you are succesful.
It appears that it doesn't matter which seeds you're carrying.


Then you just plant and grow it and be patient Smile

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1288
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting forbidden fruit using buydebug cheat?

Post by supanut2000 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 13:41

Edin ElDi wrote:Apparently, you need a Science Station on your lot and you need Gardening Skill level 7. With seeds in your inventory, you select "Gene Splicing Experiment" on the Science Station, which can potentially fail numerous times before you are succesful.
It appears that it doesn't matter which seeds you're carrying.


Then you just plant and grow it and be patient Smile
Thanks for the reply!

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum