Sims 3 startup error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 startup error.

Post by artfreak332 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 23:12

So I have had my Sims 3 game and expansions downloaded and running perfectly for months (all cracked) however all of a sudden whenever I try to open my game now it says "sims 3 startup error 0x0175dcbb". 

I deleted all my cc and uninstalled the one expansion that is a little glitchy on my pc (island life) and I've checked my registry and no extra games seem to be hidden in there. While going through countless threads I've seen that people say this error tends to be registry related. The only thing I can think of at this point is that while trying to follow steps listed in the The_Sims_3_'Error_During_Startup'_error_fix_Guide it mentions a solution that involves checking the values ExePath and Install Dir however none of my Sims 3 files in the registry have those values. 

My Sims 3 Medieval (which is running fine) has the values listed the same as in the pictures the guide shows but none of the regular Sims 3 files have it. I included the pic of what my registry looks like on the base game and for my expansions. 

Could that be the issue with my game & if so is there a way to get those values back without uninstalling and reinstalling?

artfreak332
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 startup error.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 09:59

Hello,

Did you change anything at all prior? I'm rare cases, an error of this type occurs after uninstalling a sims3pack.

Usually it's an error that occurs even before you can even play at all, but it can also occur if the game has been installed on an external HD.

If neither of those 2 are the case here, we'll continue troubleshooting Smile

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 14:04

//MOVED

Hello,

You are not looking in the correct registry section. Smile  The location (for 64-bit Windows systems) is this here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Sims 

See my example screenshot, from my own computer. Check if you have any subfolders under that registry entry. In my screenshot, I highlighted the subfolder for the base game, but if you look closely, you'll see the other subfolders too, for the expansions, in the left part of the window.

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artfreak332 on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 19:02

Well the folder listed in the screenshot is the same location as in mine so I think I am in the right place but there's still nothing inside only the image I already posted. 

As for uninstalling anything prior to the error the only thing I uninstalled was some cc from my packages folder but the game worked fine right after I uninstalled it, then the next day it suddenly stopped and gave me this error. Also I recently deleted the Island Paradise expansion (after the error began) to see if that was causing the problem because it was super glitchy when I played in Isla Paradiso. The error of course didn't go away though and as it seemed to uninstall perfectly fine. So I'm not sure if uninstalling was the issue.

I also have never used an external hd for my sims 3 games either.

artfreak332
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 19:19

Maybe you want to try removing the "The Sims 3" folder in documents, if you game starts you can copy your saves and downloads back.
Don't delete it, just move it to another location on your PC.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artfreak332 on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 23:51

I've tried it but the same error still comes up every time Sad

I can't help but feel like it has to be related to my empty sims 3 registry folder but I don't know how to get the content of it back.

//EDIT

So my game is finally running I uninstalled & reinstalled the base game and now it's working fine....HOWEVER none of my expansion packs are showing up I even uninstalled one and reinstalled it but it still won't show up -___-

//EDIT

So due to a startup issue I uninstalled and reinstalled a new version of my sims 3 base game (while leaving my expansions still installed) it fixed the startup issue and now the game opens and runs perfectly however all my expansion packs are missing. I started the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the expansions to see if it would help but they still won't show up I always cracked the downloads with the correct versions of the ultimate fix but my expansions still won't show up.

artfreak332
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 05:29

@artfreak332 wrote:I've tried it but the same error still comes up every time  Sad

I can't help but feel like it has to be related to my empty sims 3 registry folder but I don't know how to get the content of it back.

//EDIT

So my game is finally running I uninstalled & reinstalled the base game and now it's working fine....HOWEVER none of my expansion packs are showing up I even uninstalled one and reinstalled it but it still won't show up -___-

//EDIT

So due to a startup issue I uninstalled and reinstalled a new version of my sims 3 base game (while leaving my expansions still installed) it fixed the startup issue and now the game opens and runs perfectly however all my expansion packs are missing. I started the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the expansions to see if it would help but they still won't show up I always cracked the downloads with the correct versions of the ultimate fix but my expansions still won't show up.

Hello,

I merged all your follow-up topics into this thread here. Let's keep all discussions about TS3 in one place for now. Smile  That said, can you try (re-)installing some other expansion packs too ? After that, please also make sure to re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate fix.

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artfreak332 on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 23:50

Well I applied the patch as instructed and now the game stopped working again and gave me the same startup error as before so I guess I have to uninstall the Sims 3 base game and reinstall it again in order to get it working again, since that was the solution before. But that still leaves me unaware of how to get my expansion packs back once I do reinstall it.

artfreak332
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 05:03

@artfreak332 wrote:Well I applied the patch as instructed and now the game stopped working again and gave me the same startup error as before so I guess I have to uninstall the Sims 3 base game and reinstall it again in order to get it working again, since that was the solution before. But that still leaves me unaware of how to get my expansion packs back once I do reinstall it.

Maybe you want to give a proper & manual uninstallation a try:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

Not sure why you even got the problem in the first place, but in my own experience, this type of problem can be caused by these "PC Cleaner tools" which allegedely delete all kinds of stuff. I can't recommend using these tools.

But after the manual uninstallation, re-boot the computer please (!). And then proceed to re-installing all games. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artfreak332 on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 17:25

My only issue with that was that I already uninstalled as the guide suggested. My registry was perfectly fine and I always restart my computer after downloading and installing but it still didn't help me regain my expansion packs last time. I ended up just wasting time uninstalling and reinstalling two expansions because neither show in the game.

artfreak332
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artfreak332 on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 00:29

So Update: 

Everything is running smoothly now!!! 

Minus the fact that my supernatural wasn't working with the crack included or the ultimate fix. But  uninstalled it so I can play without issues and for now I'm satisfied. 

Thanks for the help!

For anyone who has the same startup issue that I had, I figured out that the file I was using in order to bypass the launcher "TS3W.exe" (which was working fine to start my game for months) was causing the error. As soon as I used "TS3.exe" to start my game it opened perfectly and I'm having no errors. So give it a shot if the same error code is happening to you too, it might help.

artfreak332
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 13:32

@artfreak332 wrote:So Update: 

Everything is running smoothly now!!! 

Minus the fact that my supernatural wasn't working with the crack included or the ultimate fix. But  uninstalled it so I can play without issues and for now I'm satisfied. 

Thanks for the help!

For anyone who has the same startup issue that I had, I figured out that the file I was using in order to bypass the launcher "TS3W.exe" (which was working fine to start my game for months) was causing the error. As soon as I used "TS3.exe" to start my game it opened perfectly and I'm having no errors. So give it a shot if the same error code is happening to you too, it might help.

You may want to re-copy/re-paste the Ultimate fix. None of the files cause any problems by themselves; in addition also make sure to add the install locaqtion of your Sims 3 to the "exclusions" in both Windows Defender and any other anti-virus software you may have.

Other than that, good to hear there is progress in your case. Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum