Issues Obtaining Ultimate Fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues Obtaining Ultimate Fix.

Post by AriaBellaGato on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 13:04

Hello there!

I am currently on a Linux laptop, Kubuntu version 16.04. After doing some research I found that the Sims 4 was playable via Wine, and downloaded the Games 4 The World crack.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to download the Ultimate Fix. Thus far I have used the Mediafire, Mega, and Google Drive links. The file takes some time to download, but when it does firefox labels it as being 0 bytes and I cannot open it. I have tried to download this fix over and over to no avail, and cannot currently run the game due to the fatal "dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" error message.

My web browser is firefox, updated to the latest version, and my OS version is 32 bit meaning I cannot try on Chrome. Any advice?

AriaBellaGato
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issues Obtaining Ultimate Fix.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 13:23

@AriaBellaGato wrote:Hello there!

I am currently on a Linux laptop, Kubuntu version 16.04. After doing some research I found that the Sims 4 was playable via Wine, and downloaded the Games 4 The World crack.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to download the Ultimate Fix. Thus far I have used the Mediafire, Mega, and Google Drive links. The file takes some time to download, but when it does firefox labels it as being 0 bytes and I cannot open it. I have tried to download this fix over and over to no avail, and cannot currently run the game due to the fatal "dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" error message.

My web browser is firefox, updated to the latest version, and my OS version is 32 bit meaning I cannot try on Chrome. Any advice?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @AriaBellaGato,

Topic moved to "Mac Support". Smile  Please note though that we specialize in Windows OS only, hence our downloads are meant to be used on Windows in the first place (which in turn means we unfortunately cannot give any official Mac/Linux support for the time being).

If the regular links don't work for you, try using the torrent/magnet-link. I'm not familiar with the technicalities of browsers on Linux, though I'm surprised to hear there is a possible issue with compatibility or accessibility of these links.

You may also want to check this out though once you got it downloaded:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22840-how-to-install-the-sims-4-on-linux

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issues Obtaining Ultimate Fix.

Post by Tarac on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 14:06

@AriaBellaGato wrote:Hello there!

rld.dll is only used in the base game. When you get this error it means that your anti-virus has "killed" the crack.
So apparently you have not updated with Get to Work and Get Together. The Ultimate fix only works when you have installed all previous downloads.
When you have updated, the file rld.dll is no longer required and will be substituted by RldOrigin.dll  Note that ths file again is under attack from your ant-virus, so exclude it in your anti-virus program.
Furthermore there's not much I can do for you as I have no knowledge whatsever of Linux or Kubuntu.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :