Sims 3 keeps crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing

Post by larisad18 on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 14:18

Hi. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I can't fix my sims 3, it crashes every time i want to play. I have followed the instructions. But, i didn't a thing. I didn't back up my mods and downloads because i don't want to play without them. If i do the back up (save them into a safe location) and then delete them from my documents and run the game, i will play without all my hairs,clothes and houses,right?
Could you help me please?

larisad18
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing

Post by Tarac on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 16:08

Sometimes you'll have to accept that it is "Either ... Or".
When your computer is not powerfull enough to cope, you'll have to choose for less DLC's or less downloads.

Tarac
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 527

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing

Post by Ɛɗιη on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 21:53

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Yes, it is possible that your machine simply can't run the game properly with a lot of mods/CC/EP's. Though I have experience with that (very low-end machine that barely met the system requirements) and I could actually push it quite a bit, using the complete store set, user created CC and 2 handfuls of mods (Nraas) on a game without stuffpacks, but with 5 or 6 EP's and it went fairly well to be honest.

The idea behind removing your mods/CC is meant as a temporary thing, just to find out if there could be a problem in that area at all. It is possible that your game is crashing because of an incompatible mod, or a mod conflict, or a bad piece of CC.

If you have tried all of this without succes, please tell us a bit more about your system, the type of mods/cc you are using and which DLC's you've installed, and we'll take it from there.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)