I can't download the manual patch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't download the manual patch.

Post by Katrii-chan on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 18:07

Hey guys, I heard of a friend, that she downloaded sims 3 here and now I wanted to test it myself.
I downloaded the complete stuff and already installed the main game. My problem is now, that I can't download the manual patch. I tried it 3 times now - whenever the remaining download time shows up as one second (i'm using the firefox browser) nothing happens at first and then, suddenly, the download fails and I have to start again.
I'm kinda scared to try it the "mega"-way cause I often had the problem, that i downloaded loads of viruses with those "strange" programs when I was younger ...

Now I don't know how to continue Oh my...
Katrii-chan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, GTA 5, Portal 2, Undertale, League Of Legends, Overwatch, Sims, ...
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't download the manual patch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 18:15

@Katrii-chan wrote:Hey guys, I heard of a friend, that she downloaded sims 3 here and now I wanted to test it myself.
I downloaded the complete stuff and already installed the main game. My problem is now, that I can't download the manual patch. I tried it 3 times now - whenever the remaining download time shows up as one second (i'm using the firefox browser) nothing happens at first and then, suddenly, the download fails and I have to start again.
I'm kinda scared to try it the "mega"-way cause I often had the problem, that i downloaded loads of viruses with those "strange" programs when I was younger ...

Now I don't know how to continue Oh my...

Hello and welcome to the forum @Katrii-chan,

You don't need any special programs in order to download from MEGA. See the screenshot here:

Click on where it says "download through your browser", and it should download through Firefox then. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrii-chan on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 19:02

Thank you a lot, everything seems to work now.
Let the installing continue!
Katrii-chan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, GTA 5, Portal 2, Undertale, League Of Legends, Overwatch, Sims, ...
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 19:06

@Katrii-chan wrote:Thank you a lot, everything seems to work now.
Let the installing continue!

Really good to hear. Very Happy  Carlos is tha man  Do keep us posted, if you like.   Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum