Moving Mods Folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving Mods Folder

Post by amaibella on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 04:00

I moved my game from the C drive to my D drive and it works perfectly but when I move the mods folder to the D drive and deleted the folder in C the game kept creating a new folder in the C Drive so then I moved the entire documents folder to the D drive and my game still isn't recognizing my folder but it is no longer creating a new folder in the C Drive.

Any help on getting my game to recognize my D drive mods folder?

amaibella
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Mods Folder

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:31

amaibella wrote:I moved my game from the C drive to my D drive and it works perfectly but when I move the mods folder to the D drive and deleted the folder in C the game kept creating a new folder in the C Drive so then I moved the entire documents folder to the D drive and my game still isn't recognizing my folder but it is no longer creating a new folder in the C Drive.

Any help on getting my game to recognize my D drive mods folder?

Hello @amaibella and welcome to the forum,

And if you move the folder back to "Documents", does the game recognize your folder?

I also wrote this here a long time ago, maybe you want to give it a shot:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location

It was written for TS3 back then, but should be applicable here too. There are also third-party apps that can help you create those symbolic links, though I myself haven't really bothered looking into that. Remember though, I personally don't recommend moving around this type of stuff. Is there a specific reason you want the folder under Documents, on a different location than on the C: drive, if it's allowed to ask? Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Mods Folder

Post by amaibella on Wed 07 Sep 2016, 13:59

My C: Drive is waaay to small to download all of my programs let alone my CC so I've been making my D drive the automatic location for everything but I didn't realize Sims was so determined to keep my documents on the C: Drive
Thank you so much it worked and now I'm seeing my CC in  the game

amaibella
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum