"Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

Post by SilverPrince on Sun 18 Sep 2016, 01:38

Hey!

I followed the guide of installing the Sims 4 from this site, along with the order and moving the folder away from the EA folder. I keep on receiving this error. I also attempted to reinstall the fix three times now. Please help me. Thanks ;-)

SilverPrince
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 01:35

@SilverPrince wrote:Hey!

I followed the guide of installing the Sims 4 from this site, along with the order and moving the folder away from the EA folder. I keep on receiving this error. I also attempted to reinstall the fix three times now. Please help me. Thanks ;-)

Hello and welcome to the forum @Silverprince,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, but for now have a look at this thread here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Just read through for now, and just try applying the portion of Windows Defender, on your own system. In Windows 7 and Windows 8 you can turn off Windows Defender completely. In Windows 10 it's a bit more tricky, but there you could add simply the entire C: drive to the "exclusions" - since the Defender there cannot be turned off directly.

After you applied the Windows Defender-exclusion, try re-copying & re-pasting the latest TS4 Ultimate fix. Then try the game again. Good luck ! Smile

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

Post by steffyr0driguez on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 06:46

this has happened to me after installing the expansion pack for get together, is this normal? i did what the instructions said ( to change folder location), i go to the bin and use the .exe cause my short cut doesnt work anymore. did i do something wrong or do i just need to use the ultimate fix?

steffyr0driguez
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverPrince on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 00:16

Still nothing works. My window defender is not even on. Gah. Life is hard right now lol.

SilverPrince
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum