Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by artillerychelle on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 19:47

I wasn't sure where to post this, or if this is even allowed, so if I apologize if I'm breaking rules here.

I was wondering what other people were thinking/feeling regarding the current Origin sale. Right now, you can purchase all currently released TS4 Base, Expansion, Game, and Stuff Packs for $130 (US), when it would usually be $260. I'm tempted to make the purchases myself right now, but I'm still on the fence about whether I will actually do it. $130 wouldn't break the bank for me at the moment, and if I didn't currently have the RELOADED/G4TW version then I would jump on this sale in a second, but since I do have it...

Part of me feels like it would be so much better to have the purchased game because, a) if I run into trouble I can actually ask EA for help or Repair the game or whatever, b) I would have access to the Gallery, and c) I would be able to immediately update my game whenever a new patch is released. Also, d) it seems to be getting harder and harder for RELOADED to crack each new EP, GP, and SP, and it's taking longer every time. What if they can't do it next time? My game would be stuck where it is, or I would have to purchase everything anyway, and there may not be an awesome sale going on at the time like there is now! So maybe I should purchase everything now so I don't have to pay $260 down the road, plus the cost of the any new EP/GP/SP. 

BUT, the other part of me is thinking that a) the game version that I currently have works just fine, b) it's been recently patched and updated, c) I have all the EPs, GPs, and SPs that have come out so far, and d) RELOADED will probably (or hopefully?) be able to keep cracking the games as they come out just like they have so far, so why waste even $130 on the games when I already have them and they're working great? And you can find houses, sims, and everything else on CC sites so the Gallery is unnecessary. 

EDIT: Another thing I just thought of - I have no experience with the Origin client whatsoever, but I always see people saying they are having problems with it. Being forced to download and use Origin is also something I would not be very happy about if I purchased the games. 

So as you can see, I'm super torn right now, and the sale ends September 22, 10AM PDT, so I really wanted to get some feedback and hear what other people were thinking and feeling about this before then.  Maybe you guys can help sway me one way or the other.


Last edited by artillerychelle on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 21:41; edited 1 time in total

artillerychelle
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1, 2, 3, 4 & FreePlay
Female Posts : 13
Points : 572
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-01-19
Age : 28
Location : New England, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by simmer_tony on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 21:08

Hello, 
I'm really excited about 50% discount as I bought a few games. 
So let's answer this questions:
a) Yeah you could, but pirated and legal game only differ in game version and Gallery in pirated is unaccesible. So, there isn't much difference, but if pirated game won't be updated it's beeter to seek help, if you have legit game, on official forums.

b) That's possibly the best reason to buy game, but here on forum we'll soon have The Sims 4 Gallery exchange, where users will request items and someone will upload them so we all can download it.

c) If you have all addons that have been released so far go and buy game, but keep in mind that you can't mix and match pirated and legal DLC.

d) I don't know if TS4 is so hard to crack. TS4 gets addon or patch at least one a month, and as it sadly is TS4 isn't that much popular as TS3 was so there isn't need to update it once a month as RELOADED has much more games that people want over TS4. So scene groups wait for EP, or a few SP and GP so they can release it.

Choice is yours.

_________________
Talk to my left hand
Simmer Tony
Trying to be helpful here on forum 
The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
avatar
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439
Points : 1519
Reputation : 58
Join date : 2014-12-06
Location : Zagreb, Croatia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by artillerychelle on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 21:37

@simmer_tony wrote:Hello, 
I'm really excited about 50% discount as I bought a few games. 
So let's answer this questions:
a) Yeah you could, but pirated and legal game only differ in game version and Gallery in pirated is unaccesible. So, there isn't much difference, but if pirated game won't be updated it's beeter to seek help, if you have legit game, on official forums.

b) That's possibly the best reason to buy game, but here on forum we'll soon have The Sims 4 Gallery exchange, where users will request items and someone will upload them so we all can download it.

c) If you have all addons that have been released so far go and buy game, but keep in mind that you can't mix and match pirated and legal DLC.

d) I don't know if TS4 is so hard to crack. TS4 gets addon or patch at least one a month, and as it sadly is TS4 isn't that much popular as TS3 was so there isn't need to update it once a month as RELOADED has much more games that people want over TS4. So scene groups wait for EP, or a few SP and GP so they can release it.

Choice is yours.


I'm a little confused about some of your points [(c), and last sentence of (a)] but as far as (d) goes, whether it's that TS4 is hard to crack, or that RELOADED would rather focus on cracking other more popular games and put TS4 on the back burner until multiple new GPs, EPs and SPs are out -- either way, this means at the very least we have to wait a long time for the newest packs, and at worst, that they may stop cracking TS4 packs altogether. I wouldn't think they would just stop, but I do believe it has been stated that TS4 is much harder to crack than say, TS3 had been. So, that combination of lack of interest and difficult cracking could lead to fewer TS4 uploads from RELOADED, or possibly them stopping altogether at some point, meaning no new content for pirated games. Either way, it would be a bad situation. That was one of the main (if not THE main) reasons I was considering purchasing, because I'm afraid RELOADED may not be able to (or not willing to) crack future TS4 EPs, GPs and SPs. So while my game is currently fairly up to date, I'm nervous this could have been the last or one of the last updates we'll get. We waited a very long time for this recent crack and I thought it might never come. With a legit game, this obviously wouldn't be an issue. 

I know it is my choice in the end, and that it really amounts to guessing whether or not it will be worth it. Only time will tell if it is. I just wanted to know what other people were thinking, if they thought it was worth the money (seeing as how 50% off is a pretty good deal. I would never pay $260!), and if they were going to be purchasing the game or not. 

If I was going to purchase, I would be purchasing the Base Game and all EPs, SPs, and GPs, just FYI, so no issue of compatibility with mixing pirated and legit games. I'm either going all in or nothing.

artillerychelle
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1, 2, 3, 4 & FreePlay
Female Posts : 13
Points : 572
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-01-19
Age : 28
Location : New England, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 21:48

@artillerychelle wrote: I would have access to the Gallery, [...] so the Gallery is unnecessary. 





I won't get into this too much, but regarding this... Let's just say that it's a good idea to keep one eye on the Forum...
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23606-the-sims-4-gallery-exchange-organization

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15104
Points : 19981
Reputation : 1429
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 22:07

♥✿Ɛɗιη✿♥ wrote:
I won't get into this too much, but regarding this... Let's just say that it's a good idea to keep one eye on the Forum...
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23606-the-sims-4-gallery-exchange-organization


She was referring to CC items in general I believe: since there is an abundant number of free sites where you can get CC from, the official (not G4TW!) "EA Gallery" is unnecessary. Razz

@artillerychelle, if you believe the added benefits of a legit game (Gallery access, quick updates, no anti-virus-problems) compensate for the "inconvenience" of spending 130$ plus much more in the future and you absolutely love the game, then go for it. Just keep in mind that future DLC will probably still cost the full price, unless there is some discount going on. At that point there isn't much else in arguments I can use here, since it ultimately boils down to personal preference.

I myself have liked most of EA's (relatively recent) shooters: PvZ: Garden Warfare, Battelfield 3/4, Titanfall, and a few select other titles. But I'm not using my Origin account much these days anymore. Even though there has been a recent update in which Origin's UI has been overhauled...I still like Steam more, in terms of visuals. 

You can also repair your Origin games yourself, just right-click on any title in your Origin games library, and choose "repair". This function will essentially check the file integrity of your game, and re-download any broken files if necessary. Pretty much the equivalent of Steam's game cache integrity check.

If I forgot something to mention, I'll add it later on.  Haters gonna hate  Very Happy
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13886
Points : 18420
Reputation : 1947
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by artillerychelle on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 07:04

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
♥✿Ɛɗιη✿♥ wrote:
I won't get into this too much, but regarding this... Let's just say that it's a good idea to keep one eye on the Forum...
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23606-the-sims-4-gallery-exchange-organization


She was referring to CC items in general I believe: since there is an abundant number of free sites where you can get CC from, the official (not G4TW!) "EA Gallery" is unnecessary. Razz

@artillerychelle, if you believe the added benefits of a legit game (Gallery access, quick updates, no anti-virus-problems) compensate for the "inconvenience" of spending 130$ plus much more in the future and you absolutely love the game, then go for it. Just keep in mind that future DLC will probably still cost the full price, unless there is some discount going on. At that point there isn't much else in arguments I can use here, since it ultimately boils down to personal preference.

I myself have liked most of EA's (relatively recent) shooters: PvZ: Garden Warfare, Battelfield 3/4, Titanfall, and a few select other titles. But I'm not using my Origin account much these days anymore. Even though there has been a recent update in which Origin's UI has been overhauled...I still like Steam more, in terms of visuals. 

You can also repair your Origin games yourself, just right-click on any title in your Origin games library, and choose "repair". This function will essentially check the file integrity of your game, and re-download any broken files if necessary. Pretty much the equivalent of Steam's game cache integrity check.

If I forgot something to mention, I'll add it later on.  Haters gonna hate  Very Happy

Yes that's what I meant about the Gallery.  But it sounds like G4TW is going to have their own Gallery soon to rival EA's?

I don't have Steam or Origin actually. Sims is really the only game I play, which is why I'm even considering shelling out the $130. I should find some other games. I'm not big into shooting games, but I have thought about checking out some horror games since I'm a huge horror movie/crime doc fan and that kind of thing sounds right up my ally. 

I guess the biggest concern I have with not making the purchase now is that in the future, RELOADED will stop cracking TS4, and I'll be left with whatever game packs I have with no possibility of any future packs without making the purchase. In that case, I would be mad I hadn't bought everything right now when it's on sale. Yes, future packs will be full priced unless they are having another sale, but buying these right now would save $130! It's hard to say if they will have future sales, or if future sales will be as good as this one. I know they had one a few months ago and I was having this same debate with myself. The sales prices weren't as good as they are this time around and I was playing TS3 much more at the time so I decided against purchasing. Now I'm back to TS4 and they're having another (better) sale! 

I feel like no one is really understanding my main point here, which is really my concern about RELOADED. When I almost made the purchase last time, it was after Dine Out came out but before it had been cracked, when we were still waiting since December for an update from them. 

TL;DR - I don't want to end up being forced to pay full price in the future if RELOADED stops cracking new game packs, when I could get everyone that's out now for half price. I wanted to know what people thought about this - if they thought RELOADED would probably keep cracking so it's worth the risk of NOT buying the games, or that the risk is too high that RELOADED may stop cracking TS4 packs (whether for lack of interest or inability to crack), and therefore buying the games now would end up saving me $130 instead of waiting and purchasing later on. I have G4TW's complete TS3 collection and have no desire to purchase the set because they are done coming out with packs and updates so there is no worry, but TS4 isn't done, and I will want all future game packs, whether they are cracked or not. I hope this is a clearer expression of my conundrum.

I know no one can predict the future about RELOADED, but I hoped someone might know more about them than I do (which wouldn't be hard because I know nothing!), and might have a better idea or understanding of how they operate and whether it's a real possibility they may stop cracking TS4 packs.

artillerychelle
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1, 2, 3, 4 & FreePlay
Female Posts : 13
Points : 572
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-01-19
Age : 28
Location : New England, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 07:39

@artillerychelle wrote:TL;DR - I don't want to end up being forced to pay full price in the future if RELOADED stops cracking new game packs, when I could get everyone that's out now for half price.

(...)

I know no one can predict the future about RELOADED, but I hoped someone might know more about them than I do (which wouldn't be hard because I know nothing!), and might have a better idea or understanding of how they operate and whether it's a real possibility they may stop cracking TS4 packs.


My honest suggestion: stick with cracked games. Even if RELOADED stopped releasing those games, you can still bet there will be more discounts like that in the future too. Should you want to really spend money on this. You have those crazy Steam & Origin several times, in each year. And no, I don't have any contacts to the people who create those pirated TS4 updates, but I suspect those TS4 updates will still get released, even if they are delayed.

And even if there is no discount like that from EA, there are various online retailers that offer game serial keys, very often at discounted prices too.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13886
Points : 18420
Reputation : 1947
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Origin's current 50% off sale?

Post by Aɾყα on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 19:59

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
♥✿Ɛɗιη✿♥ wrote:
I won't get into this too much, but regarding this... Let's just say that it's a good idea to keep one eye on the Forum...
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23606-the-sims-4-gallery-exchange-organization


She was referring to CC items in general I believe: since there is an abundant number of free sites where you can get CC from, the official (not G4TW!) "EA Gallery" is unnecessary. Razz

Well, it is her b) reason for considering to buy the game Razz

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15104
Points : 19981
Reputation : 1429
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum