Swapping To Complete Collection.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Swapping To Complete Collection.

Post by slicedhomos on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 16:41

So I really want Showtime and Into The Future and I can't wait forever for the next sale so I've decided to download the sims 3 complete collection. However, I've got alot of CC and the Store Content installed and a legacy challenge game in pretty invested in; is there any way to transfer these things over to the complete collection?

Also, what exactly do I need to do to get the best performance in swapping to the complete collection? Should I completely uninstall the Sims 3 from steam/my laptop? Should I delete the EA/Sims 3 folder in My Documents? 

And what does the complete collection actually contain? The base game and all the expansions? Or does it have the stuff packs too? Or the store content too?

Thank you for any help provided Smile

slicedhomos
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping To Complete Collection.

Post by Tarac on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 17:31

The compelet collection contains all DLC's for the Sims 3, basegame, expansions, stuff packs.
Installing it will not affect your present The Sims 3 folder in My Documents - Electronic Arts, so what you had on extra things, you'll still have.
However, with the G4TW downloads (as far as I know) you can no longer access the Gallery.
In case you still want full access to the items available for legally bought games, you must apply downloads in .iso format as such downloads are considered equal to bought expansions.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by slicedhomos on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 17:50

Tarac wrote:The compelet collection contains all DLC's for the Sims 3, basegame, expansions, stuff packs.
Installing it will not affect your present The Sims 3 folder in My Documents - Electronic Arts, so what you had on extra things, you'll still have.
However, with the G4TW downloads (as far as I know) you can no longer access the Gallery.
In case you still want full access to the items available for legally bought games, you must apply downloads in .iso format as such downloads are considered equal to bought expansions.
So should I uninstall my current installation of Sims 3? Or just leave it?

And whats the gallery? Is that the launcher? And when you say items for legally bought games, do you mean the store content? Cause I got all my store contents from G4TW too. I just confused by what I need to .iso and why.

Thanks for your help!

slicedhomos
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 18:43

In that case you can simply download the complete collection and pick from it whichever DLC you require.
No need to uninstall anything.
Your game-efforts will not be affected so everything you have now (sims, houses, mods etc.) will remain unharmed.

The complete collection however is quite a large download (27 GB), so maybe it's easier to download separate DLC's

Last edited by Tarac on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 18:47; edited 1 time in total
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by slicedhomos on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 18:45

Tarac wrote:In that case you can simply download the complete collection and pick from it whichever DLC you require.
No need to uninstall anything.
Your game-efforts will not be affected so everything you have now (sims, houses, mods etc.) will remain unharmed.
Oh thats fantastic then! Thank you for your help!

slicedhomos
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 21:46

slicedhomos wrote:Oh thats fantastic then! Thank you for your help!

Though I'd personally suggest that if you want just a few more of the DLC/expansions, that you download them separately from the Complete Collection, here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

There is no need for you to download the Complete Collection if you simply want 1 or 2 additional DLC.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slicedhomos on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 21:58

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
slicedhomos wrote:Oh thats fantastic then! Thank you for your help!

Though I'd personally suggest that if you want just a few more of the DLC/expansions, that you download them separately from the Complete Collection, here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

There is no need for you to download the Complete Collection if you simply want 1 or 2 additional DLC.
I was under the impression that the DLC's from here cant be used with the steam base game. I've just finished the download of the complete collection planning to install the base game and every dlc from there. Is there a way to just install some of the pirated dlc (namely, Showtime, Into The Future and Ambitions) so they work with the base game and dlc I already own with Steam?

slicedhomos
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 22:01

slicedhomos wrote:I was under the impression that the DLC's from here cant be used with the steam base game. I've just finished the download of the complete collection planning to install the base game and every dlc from there. Is there a way to just install some of the pirated dlc (namely, Showtime, Into The Future and Ambitions) so they work with the base game and dlc I already own with Steam?

Sorry, didn't notice you had opened a topic about this earlier here (and these things are also a reason why it's normally better to stick with all discussions in just one single thread):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23684-torrent-expansions-with-steam-base-game

But you're right, you should install a torrented base game, because otherwise it won't work. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum