Trouble installing store content. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble installing store content. [SOLVED]

Post by SpoonBender on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 15:58

First off sorry if this is the wrong section also a massive thanks for the work you guys have put into this. 

Okay, so I have been following the instructions trying to install the store content from your store site but it doesn't seem to be showing up in my game (the sims3 complete collection).

I downloaded the framework and placed the mods folder into (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ then I copied the "ccmerged.package", "StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package", "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "XMLs.package" files to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\. The ccmerged.package was already in the DCbackup folder so I left it. Then I placed a few .Sims3Pack files into (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ and started the game but nothing appears.  Why.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the store or files I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SpoonBender on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 22:22; edited 1 time in total

SpoonBender
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trouble installing store content. [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 21:33

Hi there,

Make sure that you have the latest Framework file, as described here: https://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf
Whatever files you're copying, always overwrite the original files with the modified files you're copying. (So also the ccmerged.package!)

The Guide above will explain how to install .package files.
However, you're trying to install .Sims3Pack files. The process for those files is differently. If you want to install one or two, you could just double-click the .Sims3Pack files. They'll automatically open the Game Launcher and start installing.
If you want to install a lot at once, copy them all to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\  first and then go to the "Downloads" tab on the Game Launcher, then select all the .Sims3Pack files and click to install them all at once. This makes things a lot easier.

So again, only follow the guide above (with the Framework) if you want to install .Package files, not .Sims3Pack files.
Good luck and please keep us updated! The Sims Plumbob 1

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SpoonBender on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 22:05

You are a legend! Thanks!  It didn't occur to me to simply just click on them lol. I have not encountered any package files yet but I think I'll be able to do that now, it was just the sim3pack files that were confusing the hell out of me. 

Thanks again!

SpoonBender
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 23:38

SpoonBender wrote:You are a legend! Thanks!  It didn't occur to me to simply just click on them lol. I have not encountered any package files yet but I think I'll be able to do that now, it was just the sim3pack files that were confusing the hell out of me. 

Thanks again!

You're welcome, and feel free to get in touch with us again anytime! Have fun; problem solved - topic closed.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum