Cannot Open Launcher or Game, Nor Manually Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot Open Launcher or Game, Nor Manually Update

Post by Deimoskai on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 03:54

Greetings,

I am new here, and I imagine that I am not even doing things correctly, but I am at my wit's end and need assistance. I have all of my games through Origin. All purchased, and all through them. I have every expansion, and a few Stuff Packs--but I do not use Island Paradise due to how sluggish it makes things. My issue is that the game decided to patch to 1.69 from 1.67, and I did not notice in time to stop it. I am now stuck on update 1.69. It renders my game lesser. If I use any of the script mods which actually allow the game to function properly, then the game losses multiple interactions. Further, the patch itself seems to cause multiple in-game objects to simply disappear randomly during play. For example, I shall travel to the future, return to my neighborhood, and will be informed that several objects have been removed due to not being in the game. I cannot play the game like this. EA support could not help me, and their own forums were horridly standoffish when I asked if we shall see a patch which would correct the issues that many seem to be having.

Further, I then read multiple suggestions about how to manually patch, and I tried every version of that as I could. The issue there is that not a single patcher registers that I have The Sims 3 even installed. Now, my install is in Program Files(x86)/Origin Games, so might this be why? It is where Origin always installs it. I, for whatever reason, attempted to apply the Ultimate Fix to the game to see if this might do...something which is beyond my understanding, but that has merely lead to the launcher ceasing to load, and the game follow suit. All that I want is to play a version of the game that I payed for which works. That is all that I want. I want to return to a functioning product filled with the mods which will prevent EA's poor programming choices to cause countless routing issues, clutter, bottlenecking, and more. Can anyone think of a solution? I am desperate.

I've tried to manually patch, which never works; I've just attempted the Ultimate fix, which I am thinking was not something for my version of the game. I've done a complete reinstall; I've even performed a system restore to before the patch which, of course, did not work. It is still firmly stuck on 1.69 I am not even remotely skilled in the use of computers, so I've completely exhausted everything that I can think of doing. Please, help? Even simply direction to a place better able to assist would be amazing, as I am completely lost. My deepest thanks.

Deimoskai
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot Open Launcher or Game, Nor Manually Update

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 04:16

@Deimoskai wrote:(...)

I've tried to manually patch, which never works; I've just attempted the Ultimate fix, which I am thinking was not something for my version of the game. I've done a complete reinstall; I've even performed a system restore to before the patch which, of course, did not work. It is still firmly stuck on 1.69 I am not even remotely skilled in the use of computers, so I've completely exhausted everything that I can think of doing. Please, help? Even simply direction to a place better able to assist would be amazing, as I am completely lost. My deepest thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum @Deimoskai,

Indeed, if your Origin base-game is on patch level 1.69, then neither the Ultimate fix nor the manual patch will work. The best shot you have right now is to uninstall that Origin base-game and then re-boot the computer. I'm not exactly sure how the Origin base-game works, but if you can, try only uninstalling the base game for now, and leave the expansions.

After which you go for a pirated base game, which you can also get from Games4theworld here:
http://goo.gl/eHYkI

Then you try again applying the (1.67) patch and then the Ultimate fix. See what happens after that. Good luck and do keep us posted!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deimoskai on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 04:20

Ahh, I see. My thanks. Then that is an issue. I believe the update is recorded on their end, as when I did a full uninstall and reinstall, in was already 1.69 when I started up. It seems that I am doomed. My thanks for letting me know, though. Oddly, the Ultimate fix did cause everything to stop launching, but then I simply updated the game through Origin and it all worked again. At least that problem is solved. On a positive note, I was able to get the Into The Future pre-order bonus from here, which I've wanted for ages. So...whee. That is awesome.

Deimoskai
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 04:30

@Deimoskai wrote:Ahh, I see. My thanks. Then that is an issue. I believe the update is recorded on their end, as when I did a full uninstall and reinstall, in was already 1.69 when I started up. It seems that I am doomed. My thanks for letting me know, though. Oddly, the Ultimate fix did cause everything to stop launching, but then I simply updated the game through Origin and it all worked again. At least that problem is solved. On a positive note, I was able to get the Into The Future pre-order bonus from here, which I've wanted for ages. So...whee. That is awesome.

No problem at all. I myself have always had the pirated TS3 plus store content and all expansions/stuffpacks. It feels so good...not having to deal with all these Origin-related problems.  Twisted Evil  And you can bet that a major reason this 1.69 patch was even released in the first place (one-and-a-half years after the "end" of The Sims 3!) was not so much to fix bugs or add any meaningful new game elements. No, it was really intended to "crack" down on all the people who mixed Origin-games with pirated ones. It used to work fine before. But now with this 1.69 patch, everything is messed up for most people.

As for the store content, yes, we also have a lot of them on the other site here:
http://goo.gl/Qtbdt

Unfortunately the site is not finished, and I can't tell when it will be. However, we're also planning on releasing a global torrent with the entire TS3 store, so there's that. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum