Can't place ANY lots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't place ANY lots

Post by lemonshiv on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 14:51

I have a fully ultimate-fixed copy of G4TW's TS4, which runs perfectly bar the fact that I cannot place any lots from the gallery – if I try to place directly into an empty lot from the manage world screen, the 'building lot' screen hangs indefinitely, and if I try from within an empty lot in build mode, no lot appears and the only icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen is a greyed-out cross/close button (where I can get back into the regular build toolbar by clicking anywhere around it). This is the case with CC lots (both tray files and package) and also with the EA lots (I tried to play both base game and Dine Out lots to no avail). Is there anything I might do to fix this? 

Thanks in advance!

lemonshiv
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't place ANY lots

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 01:11

@lemonshiv wrote:I have a fully ultimate-fixed copy of G4TW's TS4, which runs perfectly bar the fact that I cannot place any lots from the gallery – if I try to place directly into an empty lot from the manage world screen, the 'building lot' screen hangs indefinitely, and if I try from within an empty lot in build mode, no lot appears and the only icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen is a greyed-out cross/close button (where I can get back into the regular build toolbar by clicking anywhere around it). This is the case with CC lots (both tray files and package) and also with the EA lots (I tried to play both base game and Dine Out lots to no avail). Is there anything I might do to fix this? 

Thanks in advance!

Hello @lemonshiv and welcome to the forum,

Have you also installed the other Games4theworld releases of The Sims 4 (DLC) too? The actual install order is the following (see also the guide).
Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonshiv on Mon 17 Oct 2016, 00:20

I have, yes! I installed the base game > get to work > get together > ultimate fix a few months ago, and then the most recent ultimate fix on top last week. I'll try to reinstall the whole lot from the most recent files available, and see if that helps.

lemonshiv
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum