Trouble with Baker's Station

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble with Baker's Station

Post by kekles on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 17:45

Hey y'all,

I'm having a frustrating time getting the baker's station to work. No matter what I do, it says there are no interactions available. Here's a brief breakdown of what I've done, in case I borked something up.

1. Downloaded the BakersBazaarBakery .sims3pack and put it in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads file.

2. Installed everything through the launcher.

3. Downloaded the store fixes updated in August 2014. I placed all four .package files into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

4. Replaced the old ccmerged.package file in DCBackup with the one from store fixes. (So now there's a ccmerged.package file in DCBackup AND Packages, both from store fixes).

Loaded up the game, it didn't work. I have removed all other CC and mods, and deleted the cache files from the main Sims 3 folder. Same result. I haven't had this problem with any other premium content. Nvm, I was mistaken. No premium content is working, but everything else is fine. Not sure if I missed something or if I'm just unlucky! Please help.

EDIT
Forgot to mention, the first time I tried to install it, I turned the .sims3pack into .package files using the sims3pack multi installer and placed the files in the Packages folder. That also didn't work, so I deleted everything and started from scratch.

kekles
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trouble with Baker's Station

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 14:31

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Let's start by making sure you're following the right instructions! There are different instructions depending on whether you're using sims3packs or package files.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14292

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 01:07

@kekles wrote:Hey y'all,

I'm having a frustrating time getting the baker's station to work. No matter what I do, it says there are no interactions available. Here's a brief breakdown of what I've done, in case I borked something up.

1. Downloaded the BakersBazaarBakery .sims3pack and put it in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads file.

2. Installed everything through the launcher.

3. Downloaded the store fixes updated in August 2014. I placed all four .package files into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

4. Replaced the old ccmerged.package file in DCBackup with the one from store fixes. (So now there's a ccmerged.package file in DCBackup AND Packages, both from store fixes).

Loaded up the game, it didn't work. I have removed all other CC and mods, and deleted the cache files from the main Sims 3 folder. Same result. I haven't had this problem with any other premium content. Nvm, I was mistaken. No premium content is working, but everything else is fine. Not sure if I missed something or if I'm just unlucky! Please help.

EDIT
Forgot to mention, the first time I tried to install it, I turned the .sims3pack into .package files using the sims3pack multi installer and placed the files in the Packages folder. That also didn't work, so I deleted everything and started from scratch.

Hello @kekles!

Where did you download your .sims3pack files from? Could you also try the files from this topic here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16577-sweet-bakery-and-beautiful-garden

There you can find links to the decrapified bakery. Store content to my knowledge must be "decrapified" (cracked), in order for the store fixes to work. So e.g. buying these .sims3packs from the official EA site isn't going to work here...

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12285

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kekles on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 16:49

Sorry for the delayed response!

I was originally going to include links to everything, but it wouldn't allow me to post them. I got everything from the "official games4theworld downloads" website. I'm assuming the decrapified version of the bakery is located there, and that's where I got it from. But I will try downloading from that specific thread.

As for the store fix instructions, I tried all three with no success. I followed the .sims3pack instructions first, then the .package file instructions, and then did them both. None worked. Sad

kekles
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 04:24

@kekles wrote:Sorry for the delayed response!

I was originally going to include links to everything, but it wouldn't allow me to post them. I got everything from the "official games4theworld downloads" website. I'm assuming the decrapified version of the bakery is located there, and that's where I got it from. But I will try downloading from that specific thread.

As for the store fix instructions, I tried all three with no success. I followed the .sims3pack instructions first, then the .package file instructions, and then did them both. None worked. Sad

Yes, in that case I'm afraid I'm out of ideas too now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Do you maybe have some other mods (in .package file format)? It is possible that some newer mods override the store fixes or something...

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12285

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum