Sims3Launcher Has Stopped Working [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3Launcher Has Stopped Working [SOLVED]

Post by seulil on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 21:16

Ahhh, okay, I must have made a grave mistake somewhere.

I already had Sims 3 as well as World Adventures, Late night, Generations, Ambitions, Showtime, Island Paradise, University Life and Seasons on my computer, all apart for the base game (I own it) have been downloaded from games4theworld. Everything has been peachy for the past few years to be honest, until today.
I got tempted and decided to get the Pets expansion, now, this is where things went wrong (?)

I followed the usual instructions, installed pets, used the most recent fix to crack the game, that usually worked in the past, however as soon as I tried to turn on the game the Sims3Launcher Has Stopped Working window pops up, it also disappears not long after.

I tried launching through the expansion packs or origin but every time the same thing happens. 

So. I do what I thought was best and went through the dreadful process of uninstalling everything, clearing registry, restarting and doing a clean install of everything (since I already have the rar files anyway.) including pets. I followed the how to install sims 3 correctly page as usual, still, it didn't work. Still the same problem. Any ideas what may be causing this?

I'm wondering if it's the pets expansion that has something wrong with it, however I did uninstall pets and restart the pc to see if that would fix the problem, but it didn't, that's when I went on to uninstall everything. Oh and also, when I tried bypassing the launcher before uninstalling pets, it came up with an error (Didn't get to make a note of it since it disappeared right away) but now when I try, it launches to the black screen, which it usually did to then minimize and show the warning about not registered products being used and then I could just turn it back on, but now it crashes and shows the  Sims 3 stopped working message.

Not sure if I should add on that since I install the base game from origin, the launcher is already up to date when I start getting the expansions installed, does it make a difference?
seulil
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3Launcher Has Stopped Working [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 21:28

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!

You mentioned your launcher is up-to-date, if that means that you're running gameversion 1.69, that could be your problem right there. 
That latest patch didn't fix much and the crack was never adapted for that gameversion, you need to revert to 1.67 for it to work properly.

Why it ran fine before now is beyond me, but we don't advise to use the crack on a 1.69 game for that reason.
It would however be helpful to find out what the original error message said, but I think that the game version is the problem right there.

If you could uninstall/restart/reinstall the base game (no need to uninstall the expansions) and prevent it from patching past 1.67 (I think you can disable automatic updates), then use the crack, that ought to fix the problem.

Let us know if you need help!

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seulil on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 21:46

I wouldn't be against doing that if it were to help but I have no say in if it patches or not, origin practically forces this patch on you, I guess I'd have to just download the cracked base game without touching origin at all to get an earlier patch since when installing from origin it just installs as the .69 version WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Do you think it could work out if I just do a clean install of the cracked base, or would I have to go through and do the same thing with all expansions if I were to do that?

I agree it's odd the game worked despite me patching it before  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  It worked really well as well, never had a problem with it.
seulil
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 21:51

You shouldn't have to uninstall the expansions. You will get a note some note about having to do an update later, but that is no problem at all. 
If you use the 1.67 manual patch after installing the cracked base game, and then the crack (from the fix), it should work.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 22:17

You must still start your game with TS3W from the base game
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Don't start it with Pets.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by seulil on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 22:28

Tarac wrote:You must still start your game with TS3W from the base game
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Don't start it with Pets.
I haven't been starting it with Pets, though. I was using the right file/folder to start it up, and bypassing the launcher didn't work. I'm installing the cracked base game to get the older patch now
seulil
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seulil on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 23:33

Ɛɗιη wrote:You shouldn't have to uninstall the expansions. You will get a note some note about having to do an update later, but that is no problem at all. 
If you use the 1.67 manual patch after installing the cracked base game, and then the crack (from the fix), it should work.
Big thank you, it was the patch. Problem solved.  All Hail Carlos!

I lost all my saves, but I'll just use this opportunity to get all the expansions installed so at least there's that! Oh my...
seulil
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 19:04

Hi there,

Glad to hear that fixed the issue for you!

The manual patch shouldn't touch any savegames though. Did you by accident choose to remove all saved games during uninstallation?
You might want to check these folders, to see if you can find your saves manually: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3(\Saves)

Other than that, it's important to always make backups of your saves.
I'll close this topic now. Feel free to open a new topic if you run into new issues, or PM a team member and ask them to re-open this topic if you run into similar issues again. The Sims Plumbob 1

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum