dfc gorilla error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dfc gorilla error. [SOLVED]

Post by harirang on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 18:45

Hi!

I have the sims 3 base game from origin. I followed the installation instructions for the expansion packs but while installing World Adventures crack 3, I get dfc gorilla error.

I've seen other posts where the problem was solved via the manual patch 1.67 but since I have the origin copy, my base game is already patched higher at 1.69. And so when I try the manual patch the installer is not able to detect the game.

Should I uninstall the origin copy and try downloading the base game from G4W? Sad  And if so, would it be fine to just uninstall the base game in middle of installing cracks for expansion pack?

Thanks
harirang
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dfc gorilla error. [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 19:11

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!

I understand your confusion. To start with, I'd uninstall the Origin copy of the base game. While the torrented expansions should work fine with retail versions of the base game, the Origin version is not always recognized as a separately installed game by your PC, as you already mentioned yourself.
There is no difference between the Origin version of the base game and the torrented version.

After downloading and prior to installing the base game, make sure that you follow these up-to-date instructions at all times: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
This means that you can ignore the instructions that come with the World Adventures expansion pack, and that you do not need to do all the patches that come with it. The instructions that come with the torrents have become obsolete, and the link above replaces all those instructions with the most up-to-date instructions.
You can, however, still use the "# Installation Guide.txt" for the serial keys required to install the games, of course. But you may skip all other steps.

While we're at it, if you've not downloaded a lot of expansion packs yet, you might want to consider our "The Sims 3: The Complete Collection" torrent. It includes the base game and all expansion packs for The Sims 3. If you decide to use this torrent, you may follow the instructions that come with that one, because those are already the latest instructions. (So IF using the Complete Collection, you may skip the up-to-date instructions I linked to)

I hope this clears up a bit. If not, do not hesitate to let us know.
Good luck and please keep us updated! Wink

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by harirang on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 16:40

Very Happy I deleted the origin copy and installed the torrented base game. Followed the instructions and boom, works like magic. 

I really want to thank you for uploading the game. I had bought almost every expansion packs from origin but after the new update, for some reason it couldn't even launch the game give back my money origin  I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling every thing despite the horrific speed of 50kb/s (really?). 

Really, again THANK YOu for taking the time and effort to do this. I appreciate it a LOT. Take my love <3

-EDIT--

after I installed some mods, when I launch the game, only sound comes out and the screen is black. I took out the mods but its still like that. Any causes?

NVm for some reason, it did that only on window mode. I guess it's a weird glitch D:
harirang
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 19:35

Hi again,

Nice to hear you got it to work so quickly!
It is possible to use the torrented base game with torrented expansion packs, for as far as I know. But ah, why would you. Origin itself should be enough reason to not use the original copies, I guess.

Enjoy the game now, and should you run into more issues, do not hesitate to open a new topic! Very Happy The Sims 3 plumbob

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum