still unable to start game after using the fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:31

Hi Everyone,

I installed the Sims 3 base game + Generations (downloaded from this site) + Ambitions. I followed the ultimate fix installation guide, even watched the video but it is still not working.
When I try to start the game it says:

"Unable to start game.
Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

So I don't know what to do. When I uninstalled the whole stuff, I relaunched the computer (suggested by many of you), installed again, but same message pops up.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks a lot.



sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by Aɾყα on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:53

Hello,
Try starting the game without the launcher.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20012
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 13:01

Hi,
I started it from the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder and that's when it says its unable to start the game... :-/

sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by Adwomin on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:21

@sJudit wrote:Hi,
I started it from the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder and that's when it says its unable to start the game... :-/
Hello,

Did you start the "TS3W.exe" ?

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 21:12

Admin wrote:
@sJudit wrote:Hi,
I started it from the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder and that's when it says its unable to start the game... :-/
Hello,

Did you start the "TS3W.exe" ?

Hi,

Yes, same message... :-(

sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by Adwomin on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 22:19

@sJudit wrote:
Admin wrote:
@sJudit wrote:Hi,
I started it from the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder and that's when it says its unable to start the game... :-/
Hello,

Did you start the "TS3W.exe" ?

Hi,

Yes, same message... :-(
Hello,

Please try this:

1. Completely uninstall the game + All expansions.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall the game, following these instructions: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
4. See if it works now.

Good luck!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:12

Admin wrote:
@sJudit wrote:
Admin wrote:
@sJudit wrote:Hi,
I started it from the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder and that's when it says its unable to start the game... :-/
Hello,

Did you start the "TS3W.exe" ?

Hi,

Yes, same message... :-(
Hello,

Please try this:

1. Completely uninstall the game + All expansions.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall the game, following these instructions: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
4. See if it works now.

Good luck!

Hello,

This is exactly what I did before. Anyway, I followed the steps again, even downloaded your version of The Sims 3 base game (+ Pets (Fixed)), installed again, still getting the same message (after trying to start TS3W.exe).
Well, still waiting for ideas which can help... Don't know what to do. :-(
Thank you for your help!

//EDIT

Can the problem be, that when I install any of the expansions, it automatically wants to update my game? (When I say 'no' it quits the install application.)

sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 14:37

@sJudit wrote:Can the problem be, that when I install any of the expansions, it automatically wants to update my game? (When I say 'no' it quits the install application.)

Hello,
No that's normal, the game has to update before installing the expansions.
Have you made sure your pc can run the game? You can test it here.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20012
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 19:47

Yes, my computer can run the game. I had no problem with the base game before.

sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 20:16

@sJudit wrote:Yes, my computer can run the game. I had no problem with the base game before.

Hello,
The systemrequirements changed for this expansion. Some graphicscards are no longer supported.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20012
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 20:26

I checked it with Pets, and the program says that my computer passes the minimum specification required to run this product.

sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 10:28

Hello,
I'm out of ideas, sorry. But I'm hoping Admin has any thoughts.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20012
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 11:44

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I'm out of ideas, sorry. But I'm hoping Admin has any thoughts.


Hi,
It's ok. Thanks for your help so far! Smile

sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by Adwomin on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 17:15

@sJudit wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I'm out of ideas, sorry. But I'm hoping Admin has any thoughts.


Hi,
It's ok. Thanks for your help so far! Smile
Hello,

Ok, let's see... Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online. I'll try to fix the error for you via TeamViewer.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: still unable to start game after using the fix

Post by sJudit on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 21:34

Admin wrote:
@sJudit wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I'm out of ideas, sorry. But I'm hoping Admin has any thoughts.


Hi,
It's ok. Thanks for your help so far! Smile
Hello,

Ok, let's see... Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online. I'll try to fix the error for you via TeamViewer.


Hi,
Alright, thanks!

sJudit
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2139
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum