City living after patch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City living after patch?

Post by Honey Empress on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 19:28

I know u guys have no idea when the game will be cracked. My question is, since city living will be released on Nov. 1st and usually there are bugs after a major addition to the game...is it safe to assume that the game probably wont be cracked until after the November patch is added? Cuz it would suck and not really make sense for them to crack it before all the kinks get worked out.

Honey Empress
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City living after patch?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 20:13

@Honey Empress wrote:I know u guys have no idea when the game will be cracked. (...) is it safe to assume that the game probably wont be cracked until after the November patch is added?

Hello,

Yes, we don't know anything about release dates. If you asked about my own thoughts, I doubt the scene groups care much about "sitting out" the initial glitch-phase, and that's valid for pretty much all games. And the patches that do come out on Origin fix some issues, but at the same time tend to re-introduce new problems.

People will simply want to play the new DLC as soon as possible, regardless of any in-game bugs. Not sure how much you follow the torrent networks, but if you look carefully you'll notice that a lot of games are/were being cracked not too long after release. Any subsequent patches are then provided along the way, and in separate torrents.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12273

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Empress on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 21:23

Ahh, thanks! Hopefully the bugs wont be too bad then

Honey Empress
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 04:41

Yup, or: from the perspective of a publisher mainly interested in making as much money as possible, one could also say something along the lines of:

Unknown wrote:There are no bugs, only unappreciative little brats [and adults]

But seriously, a lot of effort and investment goes into bright and shiny new features - however problematic their technical implementation may be in the end. Not much work goes into fixing errors from earlier games/DLC. Maybe because they "figured out" (by advice of some shady business consulting firms?) that focusing on new stuff is more lucrative than working on bugs? That could be a possibility, but as much as I dislike this modern attitude of products and services being mostly considered as short-term & throwaway-worthy, there may be a point from a purely economic standpoint. Under the assumption that people are not going to bother about patches for earlier DLC, unless the patch fixes a serious & game-breaking bug, it may indeed be a possibility to only throw out new stuff all the time, to feed the short-term interests of so many gamers these days. 

Again, I personally don't agree with such an economic direction, but it is still one possible explanation for the growing number of technical issues in these Sims (4) games. I also believe that a lot of people themselves contribute to this vicious cycle, but on the other hand even this topic is more nuanced than it seems. A lot of these people are kids who just want to play games, and if the game is "overall fun", then nobody will complain about glitches. Or, the people buying these games are parents who simply want their kids to have some fun.

P.S. about the quote from above, I vaguely remember something like that (not with that particular wording, but with the same 'message') coming from Ubisoft a couple of years ago...? I hope this mentality won't be taken up by all the game publishers.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12273

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:00

Usually a patch (new versionnumber) is released 1 day before the new DLC becomes available.
So, good chance that people like Reloaded will include it in their cracked version.

Tarac
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 525

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Topken on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 22:22

The latest patch has introduced a bunch of bugs and glitches so I will not be grabbing it or City Living once they are released. To glitchy for my tastes.

Topken
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum