The Sims 2 EP installing problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 EP installing problem

Post by ying3718 on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:06

Hello, I need help with The Sims 2 that i downloaded The Sims 2 Complete Collection from G4TW.
I install the game by installation guide. And i got this problem 'Electronics Arts Autorun has stopped working' when i installing Bon Voyage EP.

Now i'm stuck here. Please help...

ying3718
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 2 EP installing problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 18:45

@ying3718 wrote:Hello, I need help with The Sims 2 that i downloaded The Sims 2 Complete Collection from G4TW.
I install the game by installation guide. And i got this problem 'Electronics Arts Autorun has stopped working' when i installing Bon Voyage EP.

Now i'm stuck here. Please help...

Hello and welcome to the forum @ying3718!

Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the download? And have you also applied the patches (from the earlier expansions), that are mentioned in the included installation guide?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ying3718 on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 02:25

I extracted it using 7zip. Yes I install the earlier expansions following the steps mentioned in the installation guide.

ying3718
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ying3718 on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 05:56

I try to extract using WINRAR and got these error message....

ying3718
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 19:12

Do you still have the torrent in your torrent client, under "seeding"? Right-click on it and choose STOP. Right-click again and choose "force re-check". This will take a while to complete, but when it's done, try re-extracting again - with WinRAR. Smile

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ying3718 on Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:30

No, I dont have any torrent seeding in my torrent client. 
Tried 'force re-check' and found that checking status stopped at 99.5% (I've tried for 3 times).
And i re-extract it with WINRAR but it comes out file corrupted messages. Why God. Why God.
Why is it so difficult to install? No shit, Sherlock.

ying3718
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by totalsims on Tue 01 Nov 2016, 13:00

Have a look at the tab Files in Utorrent
When there still are files with less then 100% extracting will result in error messages.

totalsims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 01 Nov 2016, 16:47

Indeed, in the case of Games4theworld's TS2 Complete Collection you can't start extracting/installing unless you got 100% of the download finished. Smile  

When you e.g. download music or videos and you're really impatient, you can set the priority of individual files, so that files within that torrent having a higher priority, will finish first. But since the TS2 torrent from us consists of just one single .RAR file, you can't start the installation "beforehand".

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum