I don't know where else to post this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I don't know where else to post this.

Post by Milz2015 on Sun 13 Nov 2016, 21:19

I don't know where else to post this because it won't let me start a new topic, but I have tried to download the last ultimate fix created, but instead of takign me to download the files, it keeps takign me to an ad site that tells me I have to go there first then I can get the files, and then it says I have adblock on so it won't let me download them.  I tried every mirror , torrent, and magnet for the ultimate fix and it keeps doig it.  Help!

Milz2015
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't know where else to post this.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 13 Nov 2016, 23:40

Milz2015 wrote:I don't know where else to post this because it won't let me start a new topic, but I have tried to download the last ultimate fix created, but instead of takign me to download the files, it keeps takign me to an ad site that tells me I have to go there first then I can get the files, and then it says I have adblock on so it won't let me download them.  I tried every mirror , torrent, and magnet for the ultimate fix and it keeps doig it.  Help!

//SPLIT

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Milz2015,

I moved your post to the correct section; for the future please try opening a new topic in the sections named "Downloads Support" or "In-game Support". You can and should open new topics there.

As for the issue, try disabling the adblock temporarily and reload the download pages. Or even try using a different browser for now (with the adblock temporarily disabled). Good luck!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14291

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cherikitty on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 00:27

Incognito might want to try.

cherikitty
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberraga on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 12:55

Is this for real
cyberraga
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, League of Legends, The Sims 4, Transformice (rip), Terraria (rip), GTA V (kinda), Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs (rip)
Female Posts : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 16:57

cyberraga wrote:Is this for real

Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by candesco on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 06:36

Milz2015 wrote:I don't know where else to post this because it won't let me start a new topic, but I have tried to download the last ultimate fix created, but instead of takign me to download the files, it keeps takign me to an ad site that tells me I have to go there first then I can get the files, and then it says I have adblock on so it won't let me download them.  I tried every mirror , torrent, and magnet for the ultimate fix and it keeps doig it.  Help!

The first link is a nasty adf.ly link, which requires to disable the adblocker. Not very surprising, because adf.ly is a sortkind of a referral link.   However, adf.ly is quite agressive and lately spawns your whole browser with new popups. It is also marked as malware. Do not support adf.ly. You can forget that link.
The mirrors should work though, as they go directly to sites such as mega (second link). If you use firefox, then you need a plugin for mega, because the file is bigger then 1 GB.
Torrent and magnet only work if you have a torrent client installed, such as qbittorrent, tixati, deluge. I use qbittorrent myself.

candesco
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Age of Empires II, Divinity II, Divinity Original Sin, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Sacred 2, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Saints Row 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Black Desert Online
Male Posts : 59

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:41

candesco wrote:The first link is a nasty adf.ly link, which requires to disable the adblocker. Not very surprising, because adf.ly is a sortkind of a referral link.   However, adf.ly is quite agressive and lately spawns your whole browser with new popups. It is also marked as malware. Do not support adf.ly. You can forget that link.

All I can say - though you probably won't believe it, judging by the comment you made - is that all links are safe to use. I myself have not experienced any issues thus far, apart from the thing with the adblocker.

You're the first user reporting this, and in the (unlikely, but still conceivable) event we get more reports like that however, you can rest assured that we will of course re-consider the current policy of putting adFly "in-between" those download links.

//EDIT

After some searching, I assume you were talking about the announcement of the fix, here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23242-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-version-1-20-60-1020-out-now-download-link#155074

If so, the first link indeed leads to a shady 'version' of adFly, which was not (I repeat, NOT) the case when I first made the announcement. And yes, in that same announcement, the mirrors lead directly to the downloads. In the meantime I edited the announcement, and people should use the main The Sims 4 Ultimate fix-thread here. In that main thread, all links are again adFly links, but as said, in my experience those particular ones are unproblematic. The reason for the mismatch between the actual announcement and the main fix thread was because I only posted in the announcement initially. I edited the links later on, then they were put on the main thread, and I forgot to take down the initial announcement in the process.

For the record, this forum is not hosted by the Games4theworld team, but by Forumotion. We therefore have no influence whatsoever on the hosting-backend, and advertising issues. All of this is handled through Forumotion. It can happen that if you post a link to a filehosting service, it may work for a little, but the forum software algorithm will put some sort of advertising 'mechanism' in it.

Also, the first link in the announcement was marked as malware because bit.ly (the URL shortener I used to use for MediaFire links) as of late seems to be blocking...said MediaFire links in general. Which is why I am now using tinyurl for those.

To avoid any future misunderstandings, if you notice anything that appears to be out of order, you are more than welcome to message a Moderator or Administrator. A quick message to me, with the link you were actually talking about, would have clarified the issue I guess. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum