Update someone else's mod? (TS4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update someone else's mod? (TS4)

Post by monggu on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 09:23

sorry if this is in the wrong section or not allowed etc but theres a script mod that i didn't make myself and it needs updating, the user hasn't logged in since june so it looks like they're not going to update it anytime soon, ive heard other people saying they update their mods themselves but there's no info anywhere how to do it.

in the rules on the site it's from it does say you can do this but link it to the original post and not claim it as your own im not uploading it anyway it's for personal use because it's an important mod and sometimes people never update their mods ever again 

does anyone know how to update script mods please?

monggu
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update someone else's mod? (TS4)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:45

@monggu wrote:sorry if this is in the wrong section or not allowed etc but theres a script mod that i didn't make myself and it needs updating, the user hasn't logged in since june so it looks like they're not going to update it anytime soon, ive heard other people saying they update their mods themselves but there's no info anywhere how to do it.

in the rules on the site it's from it does say you can do this but link it to the original post and not claim it as your own im not uploading it anyway it's for personal use because it's an important mod and sometimes people never update their mods ever again 

does anyone know how to update script mods please?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @monggu!

In most cases you are going to need advanced knowledge about computer programming languages (C++, Python, etc.). The people saying they update mods themselves know what they're doing. Unfortunately, it's not like you can "just" update something by editing a few numbers or letters. 

I can't really help further than that. Maybe you can find beginning tutorials for modding The Sims 4, on more specialized sites/communities. Good luck for now!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum