All of the Sim families that come with the game are missing...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All of the Sim families that come with the game are missing...

Post by AlyssaMarie89 on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 01:06

I installed the game and expansions yesterday. The families (such as the Goth family) are missing. Their houses are there, and it shows their family names, but the actual characters don't exist.

I can't play those games because there are no people there. I can go in to build mode but that's it. This is happening with every family that comes with the game.

I have tried a few things to fix it:

1. Disabled mods and restarted computer
2. Reinstalled the ultimate fix
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely

Everything is installed correctly and added as an exception to my virus software.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

AlyssaMarie89
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All of the Sim families that come with the game are missing...

Post by Ageha on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 08:03

Hi! 

Apologies in advance if I'm unable to help. 

1 - Does this happen if you start a new game?
2 - Are ALL the other households gone or just a couple of them?
3 - Are you switching between households? Since there's two green diamonds there.

The common bug to all three is mostly the game deleting sims at midnight. Someone had a townie missing as well it seems this bug is really annoying and persistent. 

Try deleting localthumbcache.package in your Documents folder. I've experienced missing lots and that helps. Though your problem might need a more troublesome work around. 

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 16:53

@AlyssaMarie89 wrote:I can't play those games because there are no people there. I can go in to build mode but that's it. This is happening with every family that comes with the game.

Hello @AlyssaMarie89 and welcome to the Forum! Very Happy

Does that mean that when you actually LOAD a household (with 'missing sims'), nothing happens in your game? When installing the games, did you use WinRAR for extracting them? And did you install the items in the correct order: Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlyssaMarie89 on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 18:27

@Ageha wrote:Hi! 

Apologies in advance if I'm unable to help. 

1 - Does this happen if you start a new game?
2 - Are ALL the other households gone or just a couple of them?
3 - Are you switching between households? Since there's two green diamonds there.

The common bug to all three is mostly the game deleting sims at midnight. Someone had a townie missing as well it seems this bug is really annoying and persistent. 

Try deleting localthumbcache.package in your Documents folder. I've experienced missing lots and that helps. Though your problem might need a more troublesome work around. 
New games work just fine. And I just noticed that it's only Sims that come with the base game that are missing. Sims that came with Get Together and Get to Work are still there.

Yes I tried playing a couple of houses, but neither of them worked.

Thank you I will try deleting it. Smile

//EDIT

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@AlyssaMarie89 wrote:I can't play those games because there are no people there. I can go in to build mode but that's it. This is happening with every family that comes with the game.

Hello @AlyssaMarie89 and welcome to the Forum! Very Happy

Does that mean that when you actually LOAD a household (with 'missing sims'), nothing happens in your game? When installing the games, did you use WinRAR for extracting them? And did you install the items in the correct order: Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix?
Yes, when I try to load them nothing happens. I press the button to play and it does nothing.

I installed them in that order and used WinRar.

AlyssaMarie89
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 14:17

@AlyssaMarie89 wrote:New games work just fine. And I just noticed that it's only Sims that come with the base game that are missing. Sims that came with Get Together and Get to Work are still there.

Yes I tried playing a couple of houses, but neither of them worked.

Thank you I will try deleting it. Smile

Unfortunately in my experience with missing lots and sims, I've found out that you aren't suppose to save the game. I had to delete the autosave file and 'scratch' folder in the sims 4 documents folder. 

Also, If you load a new game, will the base game sims still be missing? If they're not, i suggest playing with that new save to see if the same problem is there after playing around. If the sims are missing however, I am sorry. The troublesome workaround will actually to demolish the houses and put the household back in to see if they appear.**

However, I would wait for mod Carlos input on your problem (he always provide 100% solution, no lie) before deleting any saves since 1% of the time, the save will be corrupted.

**PS: Check your 'household management' and see if the willow creek residents are there under played/unplayed households. If they are, you can try to do the demolish and place the households back. You can upload the house (lot) to gallery if you want the original house place. 

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 20:05

@AlyssaMarie89 wrote:Yes, when I try to load them nothing happens. I press the button to play and it does nothing.

I installed them in that order and used WinRar.

Have you added the install location of the game, to your anti-virus and Windows Defender exclusions? See this here for an introduction. Also, try re-downloading the No-Origin files here after (double-)checking the exclusions.

Did you play the game in the past already, or is this your first time installation? If you played it already, was the game working back then?

Moreover, did you recently add any downloaded sims, houses (or any other custom-made content) to your game?

@Ageha wrote:However, I would wait for mod Carlos input on your problem (he always provide 100% solution, no lie) 

Thank you ! Very Happy  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum