-1 reputation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

-1 reputation?

Post by MilosGamerSRB on Mon 05 Dec 2016, 23:02

What does it mean??  Embarrassing... Embarrassing... Embarrassing... Embarrassing...

The Sims 3 plumbob SIMS Series are king The Sims 3 plumbob
MilosGamerSRB
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series (expansion pack: Island Paradise,Late Night, Seasons), Grand Theft Auto series, Fishao, Minecraft, ROBLOX
Male Posts : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: -1 reputation?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 05 Dec 2016, 23:32

MilosGamerSRB wrote:What does it mean??  :$ :$ :$ :$

Hello again,

There are various things on the Forum that can modify your reputation. For example, if you click on the little "thumbs up" sign on another user's message, the reputation of that other user goes up +1. If you click on the "thumbs down" sign, it goes down -1. Also, if you "thank" somebody for replying to your topic, that reputation of the person you thanked goes up +3, I think.

After some looking, it seems somebody did not like this message here of yours. No, it wasn't me. And before you ask, no, we have no means of telling who it was.

I saw on other Forums that they have a functionality which actually displays who voted in a post. Which may seem dubious (due to "privacy reasons"), but on the other hand I think that can also discourage indiscriminate downvoting/upvoting. Also, I saw some of the more "serious" Forums have that voting turned off completely. Or, there are only positive voting possibilities (thumbs up, praise, high five, beer, etc.)

But I don't think either of these things is possible on Forumotion here. We can either have such a voting system or turn it off completely. My opinion is, we luckily don't have many cases of unfair votings, so that can be used as an argument to keep the system. On the other hand, we all get downvoted frequently, mostly because people simply "don't like" what we say. I think, if someone downvotes, they should also have the decency to actually back up their vote with rational arguments.

But alas, it seems only very few people do it, which is sad, but what can you do? 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum