Aborted Installation and Deleted all files without a proper Uninstall. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aborted Installation and Deleted all files without a proper Uninstall. [SOLVED]

Post by lmaoateric817 on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 22:33

So here's the rundown of what I did. 
I followed every step perfectly until I got to Bon Voyage. For some reason it asked me to check if the game was installed properly then aborted the installation whenever it found that it was not. I did click on a patch twice and maybe thought that was the reason so I figured I'd start from scratch and re-do everything in case I missed a step.  

Now here's what I did that was probably foolish. 

Instead of going game by game and manually uninstalling using the programs the .exe's to uninstall, I foolishly deleted all the files manually.
So whenever I try to reinstall the game again I start with the base game, but when I get to university it aborts now. Also something of note, when I open up the sims 2 base game program, it shows all of the other expansions in the top left corner of the window, and every expansion up to Bon Voyage is installed, yet I can't find them in my program list or anywhere in my computer. I've already read that the sims leave files scattered throughout your computer that would mess up future installations and I've done my best to try to remove them all, but I keep getting the aborted installation message when installing University. I've even tried to move the folder like you guys have mentioned in other places here, all to no avail. I thought maybe I could install them out of order but the instructions clearly said that wasn't a good idea. 

So is there anyway to get the sims base game to stop displaying that I installed these expansion packs? I honestly think that's what's causing the University installation abort. Either that or there's still fragments of the sims 2 still somewhere floating around in my computer. Is there a clean all method, maybe a program that finds all Sims 2 files and deletes them? 

Also, I did check around the forms for someone with the similar problem but I found nothing. If there is a post I missed I wouldn't be offended at all if you guys pointed me to such a forum post and delete this one. I appreciate whatever help I can get. Thanks.

lmaoateric817
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aborted Installation and Deleted all files without a proper Uninstall. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 22:55

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Manually removing the folders is part of the procedure, yes. But it's not the end of the story. There would be much more to remove. See for example the guide here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Uninstall

Beyond that, and in general, there are programs that can assist you in properly uninstalling programs. Such as Games4theworld's "Your Uninstaller Pro"-release (which can be downloaded here). You install the program, open it, double-click on something, choose "Super-Mode" and then follow the on-screen instructions. Finally, re-boot the computer.

In your situation, have a look at the external guide I linked to at first, about manually removing the stuff. And then of course, also re-boot the computer.

Good luck!

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aborted Installation and Deleted all files without a proper Uninstall. [SOLVED]

Post by lmaoateric817 on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 23:07

Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. And I've been going through the steps in the wiki. I get lost on some steps because the guide is meant for windows xp and I think some of the methods they mentioned changed in windows 7. But I will definitely go through it again when I get off of work and also try that program and I'll report back if it worked or not. 

Again thank you so much for the help.

//EDIT

I followed your steps and everything worked! Apparently it was like 6 files in my registry that were gumming up the installation process. Thanks again for the help and for putting this torrent out! You can delete this post now if you want to.

lmaoateric817
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:42

Good to hear it's working now!
Don't hesitate to post again if you have problems or questions.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum