"Installation package could not be opened" when trying to install base game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Installation package could not be opened" when trying to install base game? [SOLVED]

Post by mlmills98 on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 02:08

The torrents were correctly installed, however, when I try to open the .exe file I get this message:

"The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I've added the necessary file locations ["C:\Program Files\" and "C:\Users\(your username)\Downloads\"] to my anti virus's exceptions list and I'm still stuck. I've successfully done this in the past on my Win7 so I thought I was familiar with the process. 

Any help is appreciated!
mlmills98
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, GTAV, TLOU series,
Female Posts : 10

View user profile http://absoluxure.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "Installation package could not be opened" when trying to install base game? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 23:49

@mlmills98 wrote:The torrents were correctly installed, however, when I try to open the .exe file I get this message:

"The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I've added the necessary file locations ["C:\Program Files\" and "C:\Users\(your username)\Downloads\"] to my anti virus's exceptions list and I'm still stuck. I've successfully done this in the past on my Win7 so I thought I was familiar with the process. 

Any help is appreciated!

Hello @mlmills98, Very Happy

This is often the case when you don't use WinRAR to extract the contents of our releases. We use WinRAR for packing our stuff, therefore people should use the same program for un-packing the stuff. In my signature below you can find a link named "G4TW downloads" - click on it and you will get to the downloads-page. You can download/install WinRAR from there.

See also the topic here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18287-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-possible-fix

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Installation package could not be opened" when trying to install base game? [SOLVED]

Post by mlmills98 on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 03:56

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm 

All Hail Carlos!
mlmills98
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, GTAV, TLOU series,
Female Posts : 10

View user profile http://absoluxure.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 16:27

@mlmills98 wrote:Thank you so much! Worked like a charm 

All Hail Carlos!

No problem. Very Happy  Feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need more advice or help. Until then, have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.

Tea 4
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum