How to bypass 'folder switching' between a legit and cracked Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to bypass 'folder switching' between a legit and cracked Sims 4.

Post by Tarac on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:45

When you own both a legal and a pirated version of the Sims 4 it could be very annoying to see that the versionnumbers differ.
Your legal game is version 1.24 whilst your pirated game is still on version 1.20.
In that case you can easily get both the legal and the pirated game on the same version number:

1. Update your legal game via Origin to the latest version.
2. Open the installationfolder (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
3. Copy the file Default over to the iinstallationfolder of your pirated game (Probably C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin)
   File exists, so overwrite.
4. When you now start your pirated game it has exactly the same version as your legal game.

If you only have a pirated version you can download the file Default, version 1.24.112.1010 from this location
Extract Default.rar with Winrar and put the downloaded and extracted file Default as described in item 3 above.

NOTE: Both methods will not really update the pirated game, it merely tricks The Sims 4 in "thinking" that  a new version is applied.
Also: This is not an official G4TW application.
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: How to bypass 'folder switching' between a legit and cracked Sims 4.

Post by Ughust on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 09:31

@Tarac wrote:When you own both a legal and a pirated version of the Sims 4 it could be very annoying to see that the versionnumbers differ.
Your legal game is version 1.24 whilst your pirated game is still on version 1.20.
In that case you can easily get both the legal and the pirated game on the same version number:

2. Open the installationfolder (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
3. Copy the file Default over to the iinstallationfolder of your pirated game (Probably C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin)
4. When you now start your pirated game it has exactly the same version as your legal game.

If you only have a pirated version you can download the file Default, version 1.24.112.1010 from this location
Extract Default.rar with Winrar and put the downloaded and extracted file Default as described in item 3 above.

NOTE: Both methods will not really update the pirated game, it merely tricks The Sims 4 in "thinking" that  a new version is applied.
What do you mean by making the game think that it's updated? Does this mean that if I do this to my pirated version that I will not get the new features?
Ughust
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 199

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 18:15

@Ughust wrote:
@Tarac wrote:When you own both a legal and a pirated version of the Sims 4 it could be very annoying to see that the versionnumbers differ.

What do you mean by making the game think that it's updated? Does this mean that if I do this to my pirated version that I will not get the new features?
Yes indeed, no Backyard, no City Living.
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Update 1.24.112.1010 or higher.

Post by Ughust on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 17:46

@Tarac wrote:
@Ughust wrote:

Yes indeed, no Backyard, no City Living.
Sorry, I'm still confused about this. I know that I won't get the packs, but will I get the patch features like (for example) the customization phone skins or the nanny?

Mod edit: topic split and moved to "The Sims 4 tips & tricks"; small emphasis added to the notice at the end of the opening post.

- The_gh0stm4n
Ughust
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 199

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 15:44

@Ughust wrote:Sorry, I'm still confused about this. I know that I won't get the packs, but will I get the patch features like (for example) the customization phone skins or the nanny?

I'll jump in the discussion here. No, you won't have anything "new" in your cracked game (!), so neither DLC nor patch features later than 1.20. The reason being, because there is no crack availalbe yet for that version. And if you do not apply a crack, you cannot update your pirated game.

The abovementioned procedure is helpful for people who have BOTH a legit + pirated Sims 4, and if they don't use custom content or mods. In essence, the procedure allows you to bypass the renaming of folders under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, when you decide to "switch" back and forth between the legit and pirated game.

I know for most people this is confusing, but still (going to put emphasis on the following now).

The abovementioned procedure has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with updating the cracked Sims 4 games. The ONLY way to safely and reliably update cracked The Sims 4 games is to wait for official scene releases.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

P.S. And since I've received quite a lot of messages from users asking about this topic, I edited/clarified the topic title as well.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simla on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 23:48

Thank you so much didn't know about this method. Dedicated to Carlos Hail King Tea!

Simla
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims
Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 11:02

Please note that since the update 1.26 your existing toddlers, created in the legal part of the game, will vanish completely.
As soon as you play with the downloaded DLC's you can't see your created toddlers and when you then save the game, they also are no longer in your original legal game either.
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10