Page 1 of 1 • Share •
The following is a collection of frequently-asked questions (and answers) to some general issues about Games4theworld. We strongly recommend you have a look at these questions. Click on the questions to fold/unfold the answers.
FAQ last updated on: 01-04-2017
I. About Games4theworld
- Who we are:
- Games4theworld Downloads is today’s safest, most organized game and software torrent uploader on the internet, and the only uploader who offers full support. Games4theworld’s goal is, and has always been ‘helping people’. Our main goal these days is to help people out and provide them with downloads that are easy to install, just like it was back then. That does cost money, buying equipment and maintaining it. But we’re non-profit and we don’t earn anything doing this; it’s just for the fun. We all started as newbies those good old days, and we believe in helping today’s “noobs” with a spirit of kindness. We can be reached several different ways, you can find us on Facebook, Twitter and of course our official Forum.
- The History of Games4theworld:
- Most uploaders never add a clear readme file. After countless of hours of searching, reading comments and just experimenting, you may still have problems getting your downloads to work by yourself. That’s how Games4theworld was born. The reason we do this is because we often got frustrated when we couldn’t get a download to work.
We started learning from each other, and we decided to help other people with their download issues as well. That’s how Games4theworld Downloads kind of started. We made the torrents as noob-friendly as possible. If people still had problems with their downloads, they could contact Games4theworld Downloads through e-mail, and we would help them out. In the beginning we were not familiar with most of the problems, but as more problems are reported and more fixes are found, we started to get “the feeling”.
At some point Games4theworld Downloads started all over, due to accounts on torrent websites being removed for unkown reasons. Even our original account on The Pirate Bay was removed without a reason. This is where the Games4theworld Downloads you know today started; this time even bigger than the first time. All torrents were repacked with new, better Installation Guides and some other changes were made. A new team was formed: Games4theworld Downloads was back on track again.
And look at us now; we’re probably the best organized team of uploaders. Also, Games4theworld Downloads is the only team on the web that actually gives free support for all of their downloads and everything else we can help you with. We just can’t help we want to help.
- How can I follow Games4theworld:
- Apart from checking the Forum from time to time (in particular the Latest News & Editorials-subsection for any new updates), there are also a few other ways of staying in touch with Games4theworld:
E-mail newsletters: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1706-join-our-the-sims-fans-group-to-stay-up-to-date-with-the-latest-the-sims-news
- How can I support you guys:
- Feel free to stick around the Forum, contribute to discussions and recommend us to family/friends. If possible and risk-free for you, you could also help us seed our torrent-releases. In case you have any more ideas beyond these things, feel free to message a Forum Administrator personally.
- Can I join the Staff of Games4theworld:
- Yes, you can! Have a look at the official recruiting-announcement to learn more about the details.
II. General questions about the downloads
- I am new to all of this, how can I download stuff:
- We have prepared a guide (in .pdf file format) to read, available under this link here. It contains all information you need to know to get started in the world of torrenting.
- Do you guys also do Mac OS-games and software:
- Unfortunately we specialize in Windows (PC) releases only, for the time being at least. Please take note of this message here for more details.
- What about new games and software:
- There are no seeders for some torrents:
- I caught myself a virus when downloading stuff from here:
- If you downloaded an official G4TW-item from either the download site or the TPB-account, we can assure you that all items have been tested prior to release, and we can confirm they are safe to use. It is common that anti-virus software interferes with cracked games and software. See this article here for an explanation: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/false-positive
- I got a message from my ISP because of 'copyright violation':
- We are very sorry to hear that. It is unfortunately a widespread practice in some countries that Internet Service Providers are closely monitoring certain types of internet traffic. In most cases, these messages that internet-subscribers receive seem to be automated, and actual legal consequences tend to be rare (are authorities going to punish every kid or adult downloading something?!). However, it is possible that your internet subscription may be cancelled by the ISP. At this point, we can only emphasize that problems along these lines are out of our hand, and it will be your responsibility in the first place to make certain arrangements prior to torrenting. However, what we can give you, are some general guidelines on what could be done:
Is it possible for you to switch your Internet Service Provider?
Do you torrent frequently, or only sometimes? If you don't use torrents very often, you could ask a family member or friend to help you out on this - if they agree of course.
Many people use so-called VPNs for torrenting purposes. These are services (which cost money), that have the capability to mask your internet traffic in such a way as to make it either very difficult, or even impossible for your ISP to 'identify' your torrenting activities. Check out the discussion-topic here to learn more.
In general, we don't recommend that you simply 'ignore' these warning letters by your ISP, unless you have made sure (through your own research) that there won't be any consequences for you in doing so. For further information, and if possible for you, you could try seeking the advice of a professional legal counsel (lawyer) on this matter, who is familiar with the legal situation of torrenting in your local area or country.
III. Registration, Login and Account issues
- Basic Tips for Registering and Privacy:
Due to the nature of the Forum and our work, we strongly recommend you do NOT choose a username during registration, that you (may) have already used on another site.
Note that any and all information that can lead to directly identifying a person in the real world will be censored by Moderators and Administrators, if they are posted directly in Forum messages, usernames, topic titles, profile fields, signatures, avatars and any other pictures. As for the built-in private messaging system, if necessary the Forum Administrators have the ability to investigate the contents of these messages as well, for example, if we get reports for alleged abuses. However, if you still wish to share contact information with other users by means of Forum private messages it is ultimately your choice, but please understand that you do so at your own risk. Personal information can include - but is not limited to - telephone numbers, addresses, social media accounts, etc. In general, we ask you to use common sense when sharing personal information with other users on here. As for the Games4theworld-staff, we will NEVER ask you for any kind of personal information, but other regular users may do so, for various reasons. If you take notice of things like that, please immediately alert a Forum Administrator about it.
In your profile options, you will have the option to manually add social media account addresses. If you do so, buttons will show up under your profile, and if users click on these buttons it will lead them to the account that you yourself have linked. At this point, you may see this as a contradiction to what has been stated in the previous paragraph. The difference though is, if you post links in Forum messages they will be visible to everyone, including unregistered guests and bots browsing the Forum. If you intend to add these social media-buttons under your own profile, you will have to do so deliberately, and they will only be visible to other registered Forum users. By "deliberately adding" this type of contact information, we assume you are aware of the potential risks involved in it, therefore we allow this type of contact information being posted/linked.
Don't forget: if you feel lost or have any other concerns about general privacy, feel free to contact a Moderator or Administrator through private messaging.
Finally, have fun and enjoy participating in the Community!
- I registered but cannot log in:
- After you register on the Forum, you will receive an e-mail to the adress that you provided during registration. This e-mail will include a link in it; please click on the link in order to activate your Forum account.
- I registered in the past but cannot log in anymore:
- Please check whether you have entered your username and password correctly. Beyond that, it is possible that your account has been banned from the Forum, in which case you will receive a message during the login.
- I lost my password:
- You can click on the button named "I forgot my password" on the login-page. Note that in order to reset your password, you must provide the e-mail address associated with that particular Forum account. Once you provided this e-mail address, you will receive an e-mail message with a link to reset your password. Click on the link, and then follow the on-screen instructions on the webpage that opens.
- I forgot my username:
- In this case feel free to create a temporary new account on the Forum and message a Forum Administrator privately. Alternatively you can send us a private message on the G4TW Facebook Page as well. Please note however that you will need to provide the e-mail address to us, that was used in creating the "lost account". If you do not provide us with this e-mail address we cannot recover your old account.
- How do I change my Forum username:
- The Forum Administrators have disabled the ability for individual users to change their usernames, in order to preserve consistency between Forum discussions and their associated participants. You have the option to contact a Forum Administrator and request an individual exception, and thereby a username change. Keep in mind that you need to give a very good reason when doing so. Simply stating that e.g. you do not like your old name anymore is not sufficient. You should be aware though that because the administrative effort behind this can be significant (we get this type of request very frequently), we ultimately do not change usernames easily. At this point we can only give you this here as a guideline: be friendly, honest and forthcoming about your reasoning as to why exactly we should change your username. Finally, even if we do decide to change your username, we only grant such an exception once for every individual user.
- How do I delete my Forum account:
- Keep in mind that the Forum Administrators generally do NOT delete Forum accounts. Similar as with username changes, the administrative effort can be significant, if users repeatedly create new accounts and then request their deletion. If you want to have your account deleted, you will need to contact a Forum Administrator individually, and give a good reason as to why you want us to delete your account. If we decide not to grant your request, you still have the option to delete your own account, by means of this external form here. If you decide to do this on your own, please note that the Administrators will not delete any Forum messages you have made either (unless they convey any personal information or are otherwise offensive or inappropriate). You will need to edit/delete these messages on your own - prior to deleting your account.
- How do I change my profile settings/preferences:
- Click in the top right of the Forum where it says "Welcome (your username)". Then click on Edit profile.
- How do I prevent my username from appearing in the "registered users online" listings:
- Click in the top right of the Forum where it says "Welcome (your username)". Then under Edit profile -> Preferences -> Hide my online status -> Yes. If you save the changes to your profile, you will be counted as a so-called hidden user, and your username will not appear at the bottom of the Forum index under Who is online/registered users anymore.
Keep in mind though, that users who are on your friend list as well as the Forum Administrators (users with a red username color) will still be able to see you being online. Your username at the bottom of the Forum index will then appear in italics, for those able to see you.
IV. Posting issues & Private messaging
- How do I open topics on the Forum:
- Have a look at the title and description of each subforum to find out which is best suited for your problem(s). After that, click on the subforum's title to get inside the section. Then click on the button "Open a new topic".
- How many topics can or should I open:
- It will depend on the range of problems you have. In general, all questions about one (1) particular piece of software or hardware should be posted in just one (1) topic. For example, if you have issues about The Sims 3, all your concerns should go into just one topic. If 'parallel' to this you have an issue about, let's say, The Sims 1, you should open a new topic in the appropriate section for The Sims 1. Getting back to The Sims 3, as soon as your original problem has been solved, the topic will be closed for the time being. If you later on have any follow-up issues about The Sims 3, you can either request an unlock of your earlier topic (send a Moderator a private message to do so), or - what is done most commonly - simply open a new topic, about your new The Sims 3 issues.
- I don't understand the thing about 'outside links', why is Games4theworld so strict about this:
- Linking is a very crucial part of our work, and in our experience most users have only good intentions. We link to guides on the Forum, other Forum posts, items hosted on external filesharing services, magnet links, and in some cases even torrents from other websites. However, this is only done by Staff members, and for a reason. All Staff members have been carefully 'vetted' prior to being selected into the team and have proven themselves trustworthy. In general, we only allow links to torrents and other items from Staff members because we have no way of checking the quality of every single individual link that regular Forum users may post. Given the amount of messages on our Forum and related platforms that we receive on a daily basis it would be impossible to check links consistently if posted from non-Staff users. We thereby presume all external torrent/other item-links posted by regular users, to be disallowed. In general you must contact a Forum Administrator and ask for permission to post these links on the Forum. In some of the Forum sections that are about individually-made game items, such as is the case with our TS4 Gallery and TS3 Exchange, the procedures are a little bit more lax, but we would still like to ask users to give a brief heads-up to the Forum Administrators, before contributing to these Forum sections.
You should also know that another reason users need Administrator-permission to post external links, is because of certain objections and limitations imposed by the Forum host. For example, the use of URL shorteners when posting such links. Not all users may be familiar with URL shorteners, and they may just post links as they are. The forum host on the other hand requires consistent use of URL shorteners for our type of linking.
All in all, it boils down to communication and trust between the individual user and the Forum Administrators. Ask kindly for permission and be honest about your intention(s) as to why exactly you would want to post links consistently.
Please note: the Administrators on the Forum, the Minecraft-Server and the Facebook-page of Games4theworld reserve the right to ban users if such links are posted contrary to the Forum rules, especially if the violations happen repeatedly.
- I cannot 'find' my (earlier) posts or topics anymore:
- The most common reason for that is because your topic/post was moved to a different Forum section by a Moderator. You can click on "Welcome (your username)" in the top right of the Forum, next to where it says "Notifications". Then click on either My posts or My topics. In certain cases though, you may have posted a message in a place where you weren't supposed to. This will be the case, if you posted a question under one of the "Fixes"-sections, as questions are not allowed there (every topic posted in a Fixes-section has a bold red warning notice at the end of the opening post, to signify that questions are not allowed). In these cases, and similar ones, the Moderators reserve the right to delete misplaced posts. Should you feel unsure about why your post was deleted, you may ask a Moderator about it in private. Please keep in mind though that we may only explain the reasoning as to why we delete messages once to every individual user. In the event of further mis-postings, we will not repeat our explanations anymore.
- How can I edit or delete posts:
- Unless you are a Forum Administrator or Moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the Edit-button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, and you decide to edit your message, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied. The reason for that is, to keep all discussions coherent and logical: imagine an on-going discussion about something, and then a user decides to delete all of their posts in that discussion: it would very likely impede the coherence and flow of discussion if a new reader reads up on the thread.
- I wrote a message, but I want to add something to it afterwards:
- Sometimes users want to add stuff to their already-submitted posts because in the meantime, certain issues have changed, and therefore they want to update their post. In these cases it's best to click on the button "Edit", on your message.
- How do I upload screenshots/pictures in my Forum posts:
- You can upload/host images on the Forum as well. When you write a post, click on the button enclosed in red.
Now you can either drag & drop image files into the top field or click the button "+Select files" in order to browse your computer and add image files that way. Once you selected a number of items to upload, they will show up in that same window below.
Use the scrollbar on the right, or your mouse-wheel to scroll up/down the window, in particular if you selected multiple images. Click on the button marked in the screenshot below to upload an individual picture. Or, if you selected multiple image files, click on the button "send all".
Once you uploaded your picture(s) you can use the button "insert all", to include them in your Forum post!
Now, if you want to insert image URLs from another source, click on the button enclosed in green here:
Another small window will pop up and you can paste the URL in the field. After which the image will show up in your Forum message, if done correctly.
- I want to quote multiple messages from other users, how can I do that without copying/pasting:
- If you just click on the button "Quote" on another user's message, your post will only contain one quote.
If you want to quote multiple messages, you have to click on the "Multi-quote" button next to each message you want to quote.
Once you "marked" several messages for quote, scroll down toward the bottom of the thread and click on "Post a new reply".
- How do I contact another Forum user privately:
- You can click on any user's name on the Forum, which should mostly take you directly to their profile. Under the 'Contact'-tab you can find the available contact buttons. You can also look at any thread in which the user you wish to contact, has posted. Look at the symbols under the user's profile there, for the available contact buttons.
- I cannot send private messages:
- As an anti-spam measure, new users must make at least 2 posts on the Forum in order to be able to send private messages. If you haven't made 2 Forum posts and you still wish to send a message to a Moderator, for example if you want to report abusive messages or if you want to ask for advice about external links/downloads, go to the Moderator's Forum profile and then under the "Contact"-tab. See if there is a green e-mail button. If there is, you can click on that button and write an e-mail message. The Moderators may or may not get back to you (for e.g. requesting additional information), depending on the situation.
Beyond that, it is possible that your individual ability to send private messages has been disabled by the Forum Administrators.
- How do I notice when other users have sent me private messages:
- When you log into the Forum after the private message was sent to you, or if you refresh the Forum page (with the F5-key) when you are already logged in while receiving messages, you will see a button at the top lit up in green color. The button will say "New Message(s)". Click on it, and then look under the tab named "inbox". Alternatively, click in the top right on "Welcome (your username)", and then under "My private messages".
- I keep receiving unwanted private messages or e-mails:
- Please alert a Forum Administrator about these things. In case of private messages, Administrators can prevent individual users from sending them. In addition, you can add users to your "foe's list", after which you won't get any further private messages from that user. In order to do so, go to "Welcome (your username)" located in the top right of the Forum, -> Edit Profile -> Friends and foes -> Foe list -> Add a foe. Keep in mind that you cannot add Moderators and Administrators to your foe's list, though.
When contacting a Forum Administrator about unwanted private messages, please try including a screenshot of the message, so that not only the content is visible, but also the user who sent the message.
Should users click on the green e-mail button on your profile, and send you unwanted messages that way, do NOT reply to these messages! As long as you do not reply, the person sending the message will not be able to see your actual e-mail address (and therefore they can "only" contact you through this e-mail contact form). If you contact a Forum Administrator about it, try including a screenshot of not only the message, but also the "header": the top part of an e-mail that shows who sent a message, and when it was sent.
V. Other Forum issues
- I cannot access the Forum:
- Sometimes there are scheduled maintenances, but in these cases the downtimes tend to be rather short. Beyond that it is possible that your Internet Service Provider has blocked your access to this Forum. You could try bypassing this through using a proxy or VPN. One example of a free web proxy is this here.
- When I try accessing a download-link on the Forum, I get re-directed to an 'AdFly'-page:
- For some of the download links, we have deliberately added this form of advertising to help us cover part of the cost associated with maintaining the other websites related to Games4theworld. Please temporarily disable your browser adblockers to bypass the 'AdFly' and access the download links. For a more detailed explanation on the issue of advertising, please refer to the official Forum Editorial here.
- Why can't I just message a Staff member for game support:
- The main reason is, because it would render the Forum useless. We have the Forum - divided into subsections - for all support about games, software and hardware. The advantage of having the discussions in public is that more users will be able to see the questions you posted, and therefore you could get a quicker reply, compared to sending a private message to a Staff member and waiting for a reply. In general, and unless for very specific purposes (such as general questions about the Forum/Site Navigation or if you want to ask us about the quality of external links/download sites), we would like to ask you to keep ALL game/software/hardware support discussions on the Forum only.
- Can we get a new Forum color theme? This dark color is uncomfortable for my eyes:
- We are very sorry to hear that. Please keep in mind though that the team of Games4theworld has become very attached to the dark theme, and we have been using this theme for many years now. Also, we have invested a lot of work in various CSS & HTML customizations of this theme; if we chose a new theme we would have to start over with these little things as well. However, there is a way to use the mobile version of this Forum on (PC) desktops as well, and that version uses a light theme. See this post here for the details.
- Can I get your personal phone number/Facebook/Twitter/e-mail address because I want to get in touch with you:
- Please note that we do not give out any personal information whatsoever about our Staff members. All Support on Games4theworld downloads is done through the Forum and any other associated platforms. We appreciate your interest and kindness, but due to the nature of our Forum and work it would very likely lead to problems down the road if we started "self-marketing" our real-life personas, in the context of Games4theworld.
- Why can't I log in with my Facebook account:
- Some forums and websites indeed offer such a possibility to log in by means of a Facebook username & password without having to make a regular account. This is done partly for reasons of convenience: after all, in today's times with the dazzling number of online services and platforms, it may be difficult for the average person to keep track of too many individual login credentials. For the time being however and due to the nature of our Forum and work, we have decided not to activate this option on our Forum, in order to help protect the privacy of our users.
- Can we get some form of voice-chat/Vo-IP on Games4theworld:
- Probably not. Again, due to the nature of Games4theworld, it would not be wise either if we gave away our voices to strangers.
- I am upset about what someone else said and/or clicked on a link of a user which gave me computer problems:
- We are sorry to hear that. For starters, please note that the Games4theworld team always tries to provide a comfortable and safe space, for as many people as possible. As with other websites though that are accessible to the general public, frictions are unavoidable here as well. You should know that the Games4theworld team will moderate according to the Forum rules and interpret/apply those at their own discretion. At this point there is not much else to say for us, other than emphasizing that you (and only you) have the choice of whether or not you trust our judgment in applying the rules in a fair manner. We would also like to emphasize that statements or links posted by regular Forum users (non-Games4theworld Staff) do not necessarily reflect the views of us, or carry our approval. Please be careful with any external links that regular users may post and use your best judgment. See also this Editorial here for more information. In case of doubt, you are also welcome to send a private message to a Forum Administrator or Moderator.
- I have another question:
- Feel free to open a new topic in our dedicated Site Navigation & Suggestions-subforum!
Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay
How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4
Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !
How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4
Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !
- Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
- Windows version :
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows 10
System architecture :
- 32 bits (x86)
- 64 bits (x64)
Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Posts : 13616
Points : 17972
Reputation : 1900
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum